MAC Beauty Powder in Peaceful

Filtered by skin type : Combination
MAC Beauty Powder in Peaceful

4.4

on 8/5/2010 7:34:00 PM

first of all, packaging(tiger print) is soo cute. long after this great beauty powder is long gone, i'll be carrying this around with whatever other product i've crushed to put in here-- it really is that cute.
the powder itself is beautiful. i am very pale, and blushes easily can look garish or feverish on me, but this powder is a very sweet subtle peach. i love it. it requires so little in terms of application, no buffing or working with it, no special brush, just throw it on and it looks great.

on 3/9/2009 11:03:00 AM

Not only my favourite beauty powder but one of my favourite make up items ever. I love the packaging, i'm a huge fan of animal prints and this tiger print is just gorgeous. The powder is a peachy tan and I use this like a bronzer over my cheeks, nose, forehead, chin, jawline and neck. It's matte but luminous, my skin looks glowing but with no shimmer thankfully and it definitely does not highlight pores like MSF's can. I sometime use this just as a blusher too and I love it. I wish mac would re-release this exact product packaging and all as it makes me sad to know I only have one and won't be able to replace it.

This went missing for a while, and oh how I missed it. I own 3 other beauty powders, but this is the one I reach for the most. (Actually, the other three get completely ignored in favor of this. Maybe I should swap 'em.) It's a very subtle, peachy-tan shade - I think the closest comparison I could think of would be a really sheer studiofix compact in NW35. The depth of the shade is ever so slightly darker than my skintone, but doesn't look muddy. It's not a bronzer, but it warms up the complexion. I find it useful for whenever I get little sleep and am looking pale. Unfortunately, this was limited edition. I will really miss it when it's gone -- not to mention that I LOVE the tiger-striped compact. I'm told that NARS' Madly is very similar, so I'll have to check that out when I finish this off.

I am just crazy enough about this that if Madly turns out to be the same, I will crush it up and repress into this compact. Totally serious. I wish MAC would re-release this!

For reference, I'm light-medium Asian, NC30/35 in Studiofix powder; NC25 in StudioFix fluid, black hair, brown eyes.

on 2/14/2007 6:05:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this beauty powder. It's my first and I find it's a great finish, setting powder. I use it after bronzer, blush and everything else and just buff it in with my Smashbox #1. It is bronzey on me with a VERY slight peach tone but not so much as you'd think I put blush all over my face. Just warm and glowy. I do not detect any sparkle or overt shimmer. This does not accentuate my already scary pores. On days when my neck is not so tan, this works as my bronzer. Gorgeous shade and such a soft lovely powder. I'd be upset it's LE but my guess is it's gonna last me a while and I'll find another one I like in the meantime!

on 2/13/2007 5:10:00 PM

I love this beauty powder. I must admit I have not really worn any type of powder lately because I have been afraid too since becoming hormonally acne-prone. I have been wearing this for a few weeks and no sign of acne due to this powder. I am a FFF and this just warms up my skin w/a peachy glow. It looks as though my skin is airbrushed (I apply all over like a bronzer). It doesn't show up orangey like some have said, just a nice healthy look on me. Too bad it's a LE, I would definitely repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Coloring: asain mac nc25-30

I thought the icon beauty powders looked so dull and boring, but i got this out of an impulse buy. I got it over yoga mode b/c I already have a bajillion highlighters/illuminators/etc. At any rate, this gives me a very subtle natural bronzey glow. I still need to put a little blush on the apples of my cheeks though for a pop of color.

This looks terrible on me..it would be perfect if I wanted to create a "dirty face" look.....NC20 and it looks like bad orangey-bronzer. It also emphasized pores like crazy. This is matte...which was a bummer...even a LITTLE bit of shimmer would have been nice. What a waste !!!!

on 1/22/2007 6:51:00 PM

I liked this as a bronzer, but it was too dark for me as an all over beauty powder. I prefer my Tahitian Sand one still. I ended up getting Yogamode instead (I'm an NC20 for ref.) but I imagine this would be great for someone NC30 and darker.

on 1/22/2007 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love MAC Beauty Powders, but when I opened this one I was a bit hesitant. It appears in the pan a medium peachy-tan, and I didn't know how that was going to look on my PPP skin. I set it aside and ignored it for a few days, until last night. My makeup was all done, but I looked a bit paler than I like to. So I whipped out Peaceful and a powder brush and brushed a bit on. And all of a sudden my skin was more...skin-colored. I looked fresh, healthy, and glowy. With a bit of Smile blush, Peaceful is just perfect. At first, I didn't even think I'd keep this stuff, and now I want a back-up! It's almost like a subtle matte bronzer for the truly pale :)