MAC Beauty Powder in Peaceful

No Image

4.6

This looks terrible on me..it would be perfect if I wanted to create a "dirty face" look.....NC20 and it looks like bad orangey-bronzer. It also emphasized pores like crazy. This is matte...which was a bummer...even a LITTLE bit of shimmer would have been nice. What a waste !!!!

on 1/22/2007 6:51:00 PM

I liked this as a bronzer, but it was too dark for me as an all over beauty powder. I prefer my Tahitian Sand one still. I ended up getting Yogamode instead (I'm an NC20 for ref.) but I imagine this would be great for someone NC30 and darker.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this powder!!!! it's a soft matte tawny peach shade that really makes my skin look smooth. I've been using it as a finishing powder after my makeup and i love it!!! so far i've loved everything i've tried from the raquel welch collection :)

on 8/5/2010 7:34:00 PM

first of all, packaging(tiger print) is soo cute. long after this great beauty powder is long gone, i'll be carrying this around with whatever other product i've crushed to put in here-- it really is that cute.
the powder itself is beautiful. i am very pale, and blushes easily can look garish or feverish on me, but this powder is a very sweet subtle peach. i love it. it requires so little in terms of application, no buffing or working with it, no special brush, just throw it on and it looks great.

on 3/9/2009 11:03:00 AM

Not only my favourite beauty powder but one of my favourite make up items ever. I love the packaging, i'm a huge fan of animal prints and this tiger print is just gorgeous. The powder is a peachy tan and I use this like a bronzer over my cheeks, nose, forehead, chin, jawline and neck. It's matte but luminous, my skin looks glowing but with no shimmer thankfully and it definitely does not highlight pores like MSF's can. I sometime use this just as a blusher too and I love it. I wish mac would re-release this exact product packaging and all as it makes me sad to know I only have one and won't be able to replace it.

This went missing for a while, and oh how I missed it. I own 3 other beauty powders, but this is the one I reach for the most. (Actually, the other three get completely ignored in favor of this. Maybe I should swap 'em.) It's a very subtle, peachy-tan shade - I think the closest comparison I could think of would be a really sheer studiofix compact in NW35. The depth of the shade is ever so slightly darker than my skintone, but doesn't look muddy. It's not a bronzer, but it warms up the complexion. I find it useful for whenever I get little sleep and am looking pale. Unfortunately, this was limited edition. I will really miss it when it's gone -- not to mention that I LOVE the tiger-striped compact. I'm told that NARS' Madly is very similar, so I'll have to check that out when I finish this off.

I am just crazy enough about this that if Madly turns out to be the same, I will crush it up and repress into this compact. Totally serious. I wish MAC would re-release this!

For reference, I'm light-medium Asian, NC30/35 in Studiofix powder; NC25 in StudioFix fluid, black hair, brown eyes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I heard once that this is an useless product.
I disagree.
It's a great powder, that gives you a flawless skin, with a plus - due to the color and the tiny sparkles on it.

Perfect to retouch, use over a light coverage foundaion or when you are in a hurry. Only use the BP and the work is done.

And the package is gorgeous!
Would repurchase, if it's not LE.

**NC 40, oily skin, dark hair and eyes.**

This is a very interesting product from the Raquel Welch collection, I believe. My first beauty powder (You gotta love MAC'S imaginative names!). So, on my NC40 Asian Indian skin, this shows up as a pressed powder -but with a kick.
I use this usually in the evening before heading out after a work day and look like I redid my entire makeup.
I love the tiger-stripe mirrored compact. Considering purchasing a backup since this is LE.

on 2/14/2007 6:05:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this beauty powder. It's my first and I find it's a great finish, setting powder. I use it after bronzer, blush and everything else and just buff it in with my Smashbox #1. It is bronzey on me with a VERY slight peach tone but not so much as you'd think I put blush all over my face. Just warm and glowy. I do not detect any sparkle or overt shimmer. This does not accentuate my already scary pores. On days when my neck is not so tan, this works as my bronzer. Gorgeous shade and such a soft lovely powder. I'd be upset it's LE but my guess is it's gonna last me a while and I'll find another one I like in the meantime!

on 2/13/2007 5:10:00 PM

I love this beauty powder. I must admit I have not really worn any type of powder lately because I have been afraid too since becoming hormonally acne-prone. I have been wearing this for a few weeks and no sign of acne due to this powder. I am a FFF and this just warms up my skin w/a peachy glow. It looks as though my skin is airbrushed (I apply all over like a bronzer). It doesn't show up orangey like some have said, just a nice healthy look on me. Too bad it's a LE, I would definitely repurchase.