MAC Beauty Powder in Peaceful

MAC Beauty Powder in Peaceful

4.6

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this powder!!!! it's a soft matte tawny peach shade that really makes my skin look smooth. I've been using it as a finishing powder after my makeup and i love it!!! so far i've loved everything i've tried from the raquel welch collection :)

on 1/22/2007 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love MAC Beauty Powders, but when I opened this one I was a bit hesitant. It appears in the pan a medium peachy-tan, and I didn't know how that was going to look on my PPP skin. I set it aside and ignored it for a few days, until last night. My makeup was all done, but I looked a bit paler than I like to. So I whipped out Peaceful and a powder brush and brushed a bit on. And all of a sudden my skin was more...skin-colored. I looked fresh, healthy, and glowy. With a bit of Smile blush, Peaceful is just perfect. At first, I didn't even think I'd keep this stuff, and now I want a back-up! It's almost like a subtle matte bronzer for the truly pale :)

on 1/22/2007 6:51:00 PM

I liked this as a bronzer, but it was too dark for me as an all over beauty powder. I prefer my Tahitian Sand one still. I ended up getting Yogamode instead (I'm an NC20 for ref.) but I imagine this would be great for someone NC30 and darker.

This looks terrible on me..it would be perfect if I wanted to create a "dirty face" look.....NC20 and it looks like bad orangey-bronzer. It also emphasized pores like crazy. This is matte...which was a bummer...even a LITTLE bit of shimmer would have been nice. What a waste !!!!

on 1/27/2007 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I am diggin' the HELL outta this product! I am c40 and have this tan "factory-installed" (meaning I am naturally light brown). This product is strange.It's matte. But yet I'm a little... glowy.Yeah, I like this. I dust it over after I apply all my face stuff. It's very compatible with all the other products I use, and I noticed it tied everything together very well. Not cakey at all. Over this I popped on some more blush, Milani's Luminous and everything just melded together very well indeed. Sure, it says it's matte, and it does cut down the shine. However, everything's so... I dunno, airbrushed looking? That it's very, very flattering. I am 32, and so getting the right balance between matte and glowy means the difference between looking 27 and looking 37. Know what I mean? This is a GREAT product for this "special time in a woman's life" when the curtains of youth are being drawn but not pulled over the window, yet. Totally fits the bill. GREAT color. Superlative. continued >>

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Coloring: asain mac nc25-30

I thought the icon beauty powders looked so dull and boring, but i got this out of an impulse buy. I got it over yoga mode b/c I already have a bajillion highlighters/illuminators/etc. At any rate, this gives me a very subtle natural bronzey glow. I still need to put a little blush on the apples of my cheeks though for a pop of color.

on 1/29/2007 10:10:00 PM

I bought this and Yogamode and while I do use Yogamode more often, I think once summer gets closer I will be using this like crazy. I am a NC 25 and this is a great light peachy bronzer color on me. Most of MACs traditional bronzers are too dark on me and look fake, but this is great on cheeks, nose and forehead for some additional color. This has a very slight shimmer and the tiger print packaging is adorable. Would repurchase but I doubt I'll ever use it up b/c I have so much makeup already:).

on 2/13/2007 5:10:00 PM

I love this beauty powder. I must admit I have not really worn any type of powder lately because I have been afraid too since becoming hormonally acne-prone. I have been wearing this for a few weeks and no sign of acne due to this powder. I am a FFF and this just warms up my skin w/a peachy glow. It looks as though my skin is airbrushed (I apply all over like a bronzer). It doesn't show up orangey like some have said, just a nice healthy look on me. Too bad it's a LE, I would definitely repurchase.

on 2/14/2007 6:05:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this beauty powder. It's my first and I find it's a great finish, setting powder. I use it after bronzer, blush and everything else and just buff it in with my Smashbox #1. It is bronzey on me with a VERY slight peach tone but not so much as you'd think I put blush all over my face. Just warm and glowy. I do not detect any sparkle or overt shimmer. This does not accentuate my already scary pores. On days when my neck is not so tan, this works as my bronzer. Gorgeous shade and such a soft lovely powder. I'd be upset it's LE but my guess is it's gonna last me a while and I'll find another one I like in the meantime!

This is a very interesting product from the Raquel Welch collection, I believe. My first beauty powder (You gotta love MAC'S imaginative names!). So, on my NC40 Asian Indian skin, this shows up as a pressed powder -but with a kick.
I use this usually in the evening before heading out after a work day and look like I redid my entire makeup.
I love the tiger-stripe mirrored compact. Considering purchasing a backup since this is LE.