MAC Cosmetics Beauty Powder in Peaceful

Filtered by age: 19-24
No Image

4.6

This went missing for a while, and oh how I missed it. I own 3 other beauty powders, but this is the one I reach for the most. (Actually, the other three get completely ignored in favor of this. Maybe I should swap 'em.) It's a very subtle, peachy-tan shade - I think the closest comparison I could think of would be a really sheer studiofix compact in NW35. The depth of the shade is ever so slightly darker than my skintone, but doesn't look muddy. It's not a bronzer, but it warms up the complexion. I find it useful for whenever I get little sleep and am looking pale. Unfortunately, this was limited edition. I will really miss it when it's gone -- not to mention that I LOVE the tiger-striped compact. I'm told that NARS' Madly is very similar, so I'll have to check that out when I finish this off.

I am just crazy enough about this that if Madly turns out to be the same, I will crush it up and repress into this compact. Totally serious. I wish MAC would re-release this!

For reference, I'm light-medium Asian, NC30/35 in Studiofix powder; NC25 in StudioFix fluid, black hair, brown eyes.

on 1/29/2007 10:10:00 PM

I bought this and Yogamode and while I do use Yogamode more often, I think once summer gets closer I will be using this like crazy. I am a NC 25 and this is a great light peachy bronzer color on me. Most of MACs traditional bronzers are too dark on me and look fake, but this is great on cheeks, nose and forehead for some additional color. This has a very slight shimmer and the tiger print packaging is adorable. Would repurchase but I doubt I'll ever use it up b/c I have so much makeup already:).

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Coloring: asain mac nc25-30

I thought the icon beauty powders looked so dull and boring, but i got this out of an impulse buy. I got it over yoga mode b/c I already have a bajillion highlighters/illuminators/etc. At any rate, this gives me a very subtle natural bronzey glow. I still need to put a little blush on the apples of my cheeks though for a pop of color.

on 1/22/2007 6:51:00 PM

I liked this as a bronzer, but it was too dark for me as an all over beauty powder. I prefer my Tahitian Sand one still. I ended up getting Yogamode instead (I'm an NC20 for ref.) but I imagine this would be great for someone NC30 and darker.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this powder!!!! it's a soft matte tawny peach shade that really makes my skin look smooth. I've been using it as a finishing powder after my makeup and i love it!!! so far i've loved everything i've tried from the raquel welch collection :)