no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

13 years ago

These are really nice the product goes a long way. They last and look great

About reviewer (195 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other

14 years ago

These are great- can be used wet or dry, and really last all day. Fantastic shades.

About reviewer (862 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

15 years ago

I bought this in Purpose, a wonderful green with hints of gold. It looks fab over a brown shadow (ebony, also face stockholm). If you wet it, it transforms into a neat metallic, I use it as a eyelines sometimes. Yet to try it on the entire lid.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

15 years ago

I have these in Treasure, Comsuming, Sound, Shangri-la, Grateful, Curious and Spirit and i love them. My faves being Treasure -- bronze -- and Consuming -- olive green. They're all highly pigmented and super shimmery. If any, the only drawback is the packaging. Although the pots look very cute, sometimes the pigment spills as you twist them. Very similar to MAC pigments in my opinion and they seem to last forever.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOther

EyesHazel

15 years ago

I only have the color "vanity", but I think I'm going to get other colors too. I like to put on just one layer for only a sheer hint of color. I like the fact that "vanity" seems to make my blue-grey eyes more blue and "glowing".

About reviewer (125 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

EyesBlue

16 years ago

I have this in a reddish purple colour. Nice and shimmery used dry, metallic used wet as a liner. I tried to mix some with clear lipgloss, but the pigment ended up in the creases on my lips and made them look shrivelled up like a dried plum.

About reviewer (81 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

2.0

16 years ago

I bought this in shade #19 years ago, but hardly ever use it. It would be great for the sultry smokey eye effect, but I don't wear that look. The color becomes dull after a couple of hours. Since I am not used to using loose eye shadow, maybe I'm not applying it right. The texture is fine, but it's the wrong color for me, and it becomes flat on me.

About reviewer (113 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Medium

17 years ago

I have these in Spirit (lilac), Storm (dark silver), Status (dark teal), and a maroony colour whose name I forget. I love the range of colours and the different effects you can get by building them up slowly. I also use them with a wet brush for high impact colour. They are addictive so I have to stay away from the FACE store otherwise I just go mad! However, I agree with the other MUAers that the packaging really sucks and I have had major disasters when I've been rushing to get ready before (it's really hard to get out of carpet and some fabrics!) They also irritate my eyes a little but I'm willing to put up with that every now and again because I adore them otherwise.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinVery Dry

EyesBlack

3.0

17 years ago

These Eye Dusts have been for sale forever on beauty.com's website so when the time was right for me to order (hehe) I bought three of them -- Sky, Music and unfortunately another color I can't remember the name. Sky is a strangely flourescent blue and Music is strangely flourescent peacock light green. The other Dust is a light shimmery pink and all three have an unusual iridescent quality to them. I thought I would really like these but I was pretty disappointed. I don't know if it's my eyelids (kind of oily) or if these colors have no staying power but these dusts just wind up in my crease and the colors are very "futuristic" as best that I can describe (this from a Bobbi Brown Matte Brown shadow fan). I actually like Sky, although blue is a hard color for me to wear, I still haven't figured out what to tone down and to play up w/o looking clownish. I just wish these had more staying power. Looking at my face after 2 hours, it's like I'm not wearing anything unless I blink and see the Dust lined in my crease. I'm glad I bought these on sale, I don't think I would have spent the full $17-18 each for them. W/o staying power, you can do just as good with a shimmer powder from a drugstore. ********UPDATE********* As much as I said I hated these Eye Dusts, I really like them now. I think they needed to grow on me as far as color was concerned, esp. Sky but they still lack staying power. I've found if I lightly dust my lids w/ Bobbi Brown shadow (tried translucent powder, other brand shadoww and BB seems to do the trick) the staying power of the FSED is better. Initially I had a hard time wearing Sky (blue) because I thought I looked too clownish or too catoon-anime Wonder Womanish but I really like the effect and if I mix it with a black shadow it winds up looking like a smokey greyish-blue.

About reviewer (44 reviews)

Age

SkinDry

HairBrunette

2.0

17 years ago

I ordered these on sale for half off at drugstore.com. The packaging is bad and the colors don't go on very smoothly. Bare Escentuals shimmers have much more beautiful, shimmery colors, even though the package is pretty much the same, less product seems to be all over the place with the Bare Escentuals Shimmers. Returned all 3 colors that I ordered.

About reviewer (51 reviews)

Age