Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Corn Starch Modified, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Glycerin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Mica, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum (Fragrance), Cyclohexasiloxane, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Citronellol, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491(Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 6/8/2016 11:40:00 PM

Loved it at first...loved the long-lasting matte finish it gave my skin. However, this particular foundation gave me the oilies after about 1 week of use. My skin just seemed to get oilier and oilier after each use. Not going to reuse this.

pros:
- creamy texture
- thick consistency
- no wierd smell
- full and buildable coverage
- long wearing
- it takes about 6 hours before i saw oil coming out of my tzone
- matte finish

cons
- cling to dry spot esp on nose area
- doesn't look natural esp when put layers of product
- expensive

To Read all 1146 Reviews, Login or Join

Really loving this foundation. Was using MUFE UHD before this but I was finding that I needed more coverage, have oily skin and don't want to have to use a mattifying primer.

Color reference, I use Y235 in the Ultra HD and I use #30 in Mat Velvet.

So, this was love at first application. It covers up my active blemishes and marks so well. I only have to go over my skin once and don't even need to build up in my problem areas. I set it with the pressed HD powder and it looks very nice and not heavy at all.
It's a pro that it's sweat resistant! I love makeup but hate having to touch up during the day. This foundation can be applied at 8am and still look good when I leave work.
I will be using this as my spring/summer foundation. Big fan.

Life in a bottle!
I have been wearing this foundation for about 5 years now. It is my absolute favorite. I have combination skin with texture in my tzone. I have to use it with a pore filling primer for a smooth finish( primed and wireless, mufe smoothing,porefessional) but I use those anyways.
I am a full time make up artist so my makeup needs to stay proper for my 9 hour shifts seeing as I can't look a mess helping people pick out their own makeup. It wears like iron for me and never irritates my skin. I can wear it sheer all the way to full coverage, depending on what my skin is doing that day. Also the urban decay chill spray and nars crystal powder can really add some gliw and life to this flat foundation if need be.
If you are oily and foundation melts off of you like a wax statue try this foundation, it's a remarkable performer for me!!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I don't see the big deal about this product. Everything about it is mediocre: the staying power, shade variety, coverage, texture. You could do worse, but you're not missing anything not trying this. I would say if it improved in coverage and shade variety it would be as good as Tarte's Amazonian Clay (which is not at the top of the list for me to begin with). Much improvement needed! I hope Sephora steps it up because I've loved some of the other products in their make up line

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

GOT THIS IN THE LIGHTEST COLOR,BUT MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE A GHOST,IT REMINDS ME OF COVERGIRL 3-1 FOUNDATION,LOREAL TRUE MATCH FOUNDATION,MAYBELLINE FIT ME FOUNDATION,BUT THIS GAVE ME RED SPOTS ALL OVER MY FACE,IT DRIED MY SKIN OUT,UT SHOWS UP DRY FLAKES AND CREASES ON YOUR FACE,IT TRANSFERS ON EVERYTHING LIKE POWDER,IT IS LIKE WET CHALK,NOT GOOD,FOR DRY SKIN AT ALL,STREAKY,PATCHY.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

So far I've tried so many different foundations, from drug store to high end, and this has been the best so far. I'm one of those really really really really oily skinned girls and it's a nightmare to find a foundation that stays put and doesn't melt off my face before lunch. Large pores and a red undertone makes it so hard for me to find anything that works.

This product is thick, but blends beautifully with a brush. The coverage is medium but is buildable, and I pair it with the MAFE powder duo mat powder for extra coverage if I feel I need it, or MAFE HD pressed powder when I don't want the extra coverage.

I also pair it with the oil absorbing primer from MAFE. I end up with a natural look that lasts all day and needs little blotting or re-powdering. In fact, I can get through the day without reapplying powder and a just quick blot around lunch. Anyone with really oily skin will understand how great it is to find a product like this.

I actually use a colour which has a slight yellow undertone, which counteracts the redness in my skin, because using the "perfect match" that the sephora colour wand gives me just highlights the redness in my face. Also, even if the colour match does work for your skin tone, it only suggested products with a dewy finish for me.... the kind that just melt off oily skin. I ended up reading reviews and colour matching myself with this product.

Packaging is great, clean and easy to use. Doesn't break me out, even though I've gone to bed without washing my face.
100% would purchase again. Love it.

on 3/9/2016 8:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This foundation is truly matte, but it may be a little too dry for non-oily skin. I'm combination to (T-Zone)oily, and so it creases on regions of the skin that isn't oily. However I do like the fact that the product absorbs oil on my nose especially, hence blotting is kept to minimum. Pretty long-lasting too, and more water resistant than other foundations.

Coverage wise, it provides the most coverage across the MUFE foundation market. If multiple layers are needed, always buff onto instead of just 'painting' your foundation on your skin for a natural non-cakey look. My facial skin is textured and I have relatively large pores on my nose. The only thing that this mat velvet cannot cover/fill are my dented acne scars. Estee Lauder's Double Wear does that better even with the first layer.

The product does not smell of fragrance nor much of chemical but the scent is better than others that I've tried (Marc Jacobs, Estee Lauder, Benefit, Sephora, MAC).

Its packaging is also a plus point - no mess, prevent wastage and travel-friendly! :)

ok i love this foundation but i don't own a lot high end . this hasn't broken me out so thats one of the reasons i love this ; I'm nc 40 in mac and 53 in this foundation (for you dark skinned girls)

i have acne thats painful but not a lot, just zits that hurt ): BuT i use this with my hour glass mineral veil and rimmel stay matte powder with my maybelline fit me and tarte concealer. heavy makeup ik but.. if u put it on right it'll look bomb sadly it doesn't last long on me I'm not sure why i

on 2/23/2016 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

So I have been on a long journey with foundations. I have tried everything from Estee Lauder, Lancome, Mac, Inglot and many other big brand names! I have really oily skin but not much scarring or acne. I also am very tan with a yellow undertone so it was practically impossible for me to find a foundation that didn't look to "pink" on me.

I am number 53 in this foundation and so far I love it.

Pros: Love the bottle, blends well (I use a beauty blender), color is a perfect match, great coverage, isn't too cake

Cons: Does seem to be a little too drying (I also use the Step 1 Make Up For Ever Primer), separates in my oily zones (nose and t-zone area)

Overall, I definitely recommend this foundation to anyone who wants to stay shine free all day! There are drawbacks but that comes with any matte foundation!