Shiseido Hydro-Liquid Compact

Shiseido  Hydro-Liquid Compact
Hydro-Liquid Compact

3.6

INGREDIENTS: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 11.7%, CYCLOMETHICONE, WATER, DIMETHICONE, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, PARAFFIN, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, DIMETHICONE COPOLYOL, MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX, SORBITAN SESQUIISOSTEARATE, POLYSILICONE-2, METHICONE, ALUMINA, QUARTERNIUM-18, PALMITIC ACID, PHYTOSTERYL/OCTYDODECYL LAUROYL GLUTAMATE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, TOCOPHEROL POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL, METHYLPARABEN, FRAGRANCE, MICA, IRON OXIDES

on 1/22/2018 4:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Love this foundation have been wearing this on and off for at least 8 years. I always have some in my makeup bag and replace once finished. I do not wear it every day just when I’m in a rush as this runs out fast lovely coverage does not clog pores excellent colour match I use o60 and I’m a Pakistani girl. I always look fresh when I wear so I’ve been told.

on 8/14/2017 8:29:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is a medium coverage cream foundation from Shiseido. Beautiful packaging that is typical for the brand. I had not used a creme foundation in awhile, so I picked this one up. I have combination to oily skin, for reference. I am NC10-15 so therefore I purchased the 0 OO shade, which is the lightest available. I was pleased by the very even coverage-it seemed to be a bit more than medium for me. I did not use the sponge that came with it, but the MAC 170 flat-topped foundation brush. The texture was creamy and a bit powdery but did not feel oily, and went on evenly all over my face. This is one of the best compact foundations I've used in a long time. It wore well throughout the day for about eight hours. This did not become an oily mess on me like some compact foundations-of course I set it with a powder and did notice some shine at the end of the day but that's fairly typical. Color match was excellent as well and I would definitely purchase this foundation again.

on 6/5/2014 8:38:00 PM

I did review on this yesterday and now I review again! I want to say this is so bad! My husband, watched my face, said: there is powder falling off on your face! Shame!

on 2/20/2014 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a staple in my makeup bag. A little goes a long way so don't use a lot. You can use the sponge that comes with it but make sure you wash it after each side is used. I use their foundation brush and it has a nice dewy finish. My skin is oily so a finish powder is necessary if u get oily. Coverage is great!!
I saw some reviews saying they had problems with clumpy results but it's all in how much you apply.

on 1/19/2014 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using YSL teint majeur foundation which is perfect for my very dry and combination skin which is also ultra sensitive. Now I absolutely love the feel of my YSL but the lasting power and the colour match are not he best so I thought I would begin my research for that perfect foundation yet again.
I am very disappointed with this shisiedo foundation. The price isn't a factor here.
Cons: 1 zero lasting power, the worst I hav ever come across. I am quite dry normally and it gets shiny after two hours of wear. The foundation practically disappears after 5 to 6 hours and yes I always use a powder to set my foundations.
2. My face feels itchy with it on.
Pros: great colour match for Asian skin tones

Definitely will be returning it.

on 12/2/2013 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is the best foundation I've used in quite some time. A little goes a long way. It's creamy, moisturizing and medium coverage. Doesn't leave me looking cakey or dry and lasts a long time.

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

For 12 g of product it is expensive but this works for my skin and is travel friendly. I have combo skin and asian skin tone so I find it difficult to find matching shades. I have this in 020. I wanted a compact foundation that wouldn't spill in my bag. I apply this with the Shiseido foundation stipple soft brush and the finish on me is matte and not flaky dry. This evens out my skin tone, redness, under eye, decreases nose shine and sun spots. So far I love it. I wish it came in a smaller mirrored compact with a tight sealed lid to prevent drying out. I do use a light facial moisturizer under this, not a primer, and it lasts 8 hrs on me. Bonus, it has SPF 15 and photographs well on my face. The color shade stayed the same on me and didn't oxidize. Cetaphil removes it all off at the end of the day easily. For reference I have used Revlon Colorstay Buff, MUFE concealer 06, Shiseido Concealer 02 Light Medium, NC20 to 25.

on 8/15/2013 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Cakey, clumpy application. Couldn't get it to look smooth. Low coverage and doesn't hold up to a hot day. I was a greasy mess midday, and I looked like I had no foundation on at all.

I did not wear it long enough to check for breakouts.

on 4/7/2013 9:10:00 PM

I just starting using this about a week ago and I really like it! I have been using the extra virgin minerals liquid foundation from the body shop for a while and was getting tired of having to apply it with my hands. The Shiseido compact is really moisturizing and applies onto the skin so well! I also really like that the make-up has a yellow undertone to it because my face is naturally pink and the yellow helps tone that down. I also have sensitive, dry skin and this helps moisturize without causing any breakouts. All in all a great product!

on 3/20/2013 10:13:00 AM

I think because of the method of application this shows up every flaw!