Kiehl's Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate

Kiehl's Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate

3.6

Propylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ascorbic Acid, Glycerin, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Lauroyl Lysine, Acrylates Copolymer, Adenosine

on 6/13/2017 11:18:00 PM

Powerful-strength line - reducing concentrate This product is awful. It burned my skin when I applied it to it. I had a really severe allergy that forced me to go to the ER and got prescripted cortisone. If you have sensitive skin do not use it. The vitamin c levels on this product are so high that it burns your skin. Do not expose your skin to this product. I am still suffering of the side effects of it. The instructions given to me where "if it burns it means that is working"

on 5/5/2017 7:18:00 PM

I was hoping to love this product, but I don't. Knowing that the product is full of silicone makes me skeptical, as I try to avoid that.

+ It hasn't seemed to clog my pores, despite its high silicone content
+ Stable vitamin C
+ Gives my skin a subtle, but temporary glow, when applied
+ I like the packaging
+ No specific smell

- The skin gets this very silicone-like feeling after application, and it feels more like a primer
- No improvement of lines
- The glow is temporary

All in all I'm disappointed, and I will look for a new vitamin C-serum.

It didn't work for me and there were no visible improvement, be it on skin radiance or lines reduction. Here's a breakdown of its pros and cons.

What's Good?

2. Thick cream that felt like a primer
3. Cosmetically reduces fine lines
4. It's not cheap
5. Occasional pimples

Full review and photos available at http://bit.ly/kiehlVitC

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Two weeks in of using this product and I can already see incredible results. I use this with the Midnight Eye Recovery also from Kiehl's. Although I am only 25, I have many years of sun damage on my skin. I used to lay in tanning beds and out on the beach with no SPF for HOURS. Lack of sleep and dehydration also took a toll on my skin. The skin around my eyes were starting to look crepe-like in texture. Laugh lines were present. I knew that from my dermatologist's advice that if you want to see the best results for your skin that prevention is key. Currently the texture of my skin is so smooth and supple. I will definitely repurchase.

on 8/30/2016 8:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love Kiehl's products and am using many different ones including the amazing Midnight Recovery Oil. When the sales assistant gave me a sample of this, I was so excited to try expecting it to be my next favourite product from Keihl's.

Unfortunately it breaks me out. I get big painful spots and some smaller white blistery ones on the area that I put this product on. I have oily skin and the sales assistant told me the product is oil free and the greasy feeling was just from the vitamin concentrate.

I had the same reaction when using the multi-vitamin cream/serum from Dermalogica (another brand of skincare that I absolutely loved) so it could be that my skin is allergic to vitamin based products.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have been using this product only for about 10 days and I'm really impressed with the way my skin has responded. I use in the morning on freshly washed skin and under Paula's choice Super - Light daily wrinkle defense SPF 30, and touch of powder completes my make up base. On application it gives a lovely warm feeling and I have not experienced any breakouts or irritation. This product seems to calm my skin, reduce redness, control oil and minimize pores. My skin just looks so much fresher and smoother. I hate to think of being without it even after a short time. I really can't comment on wrinkles as I haven't seen much change in the short time of using it. It's the first Kiehl's product I've ever used and will continue to use despite the high price. I would love to use at night but I cannot afford to!!! One think I'm not sure of is how much to use? One pump seems very little and doesn't go far so I find I'm using 4 or 5 pumps, hope in not using too much!!

on 6/8/2016 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Really like this product! Was nervous to buy it as I'd never splashed out that much on skincare before (49 GBP for 50ml), but no regrets at all. It dispenses very easily and has a nice lotion-like texture that sinks in instantly. A little goes a long way, even on very dry, tight skin, so I can see the bottle lasting for a good while. Currently using it morning and night with a Kiehl's moisturiser and and I'm pleased with the change I see after just 2 weeks. Was previously at my wits' end with skin that remained stubbornly dry, dull, tight and dehydrated even after experimenting with a lot of (semi) expensive products, but will definitely be persevering with this routine. My skin is more radiant and even-toned and the dehydration lines on my forehead are much less apparent - it has vastly reduced the difference in my skin's appearance between first thing in the morning and the end of the day. Can't comment on other people's experiences with breakouts since my skin isn't particularly sensitive and I rarely (if ever) get spots. Overall, I'm excited to see what it can do with more time and would repurchase despite the price.

on 5/16/2016 12:55:00 PM

LOVE this product!!! I see the reviews here are pretty mixed so I'll just say that reason I love this so much is because it gives me immediate results. And by immediate I mean within a few hours. This makes my skin look AWESOME.

Kiehl's Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate is basically a vitamin C serum. It adds some serious brightness and smoothness to my complexion. There is a noticeable glow. And it agrees with my combo-oily skin, doesn't irritate or break me out.

This serum has a not-quite-thick, lotion-like texture and there is a noticeable warming sensation upon application. According to Kiehl's website, this has a 10.5% vitamin C potency. And you can really feel it.

I love the way my skin looks so glow-y and youthful when I use this. It's a wonderful product, will repurchase again and again:)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this based on Paula's Beautypedia review. It caused me break out. I really want to like it but I have tried it so many times. Each time it will break me out badly. So, never again!

on 10/1/2015 4:42:00 AM

I currently am using some of the kiehls products.(before this the Esthe Lauders famouse midnight repaire serum, and also Clarings 365 intense serum).

I am almost 37 but have a very good skin condition. People think usually i am 28.
I have been using hydratating products from a young age.
But mostly it's all about, good genes, positive energy, no stress, good food and a lot of SLEEP.

Although since the big 35 came around the corner, i am starting to get some wrinkles under my eye area.
Also the texture of my skin is getting less even, more pores showing off.

I use the blue serum of Kiehls at nights.
With Iris extract as my lotion.
Curerently started to use this Vitamin c serum product for over the day,
i have been seeing good results.

My skins texture is more flauwless now.
Eye area and wrinkles has been improved.
Pores seems less visible.
This all in just a few weeks!

Ofcourse there is not such a miracle product when it comes to aging, but i feel having good hydratiting products will help your face having a better condition and staying fresh for a longer time.

I like the kiehls products and their effects on my skin. And will def purchase this one as my daytime serum.