Kiehl's Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate

Kiehl's Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate

3.7

Ingredients 2018: Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone , Glycerin , Ascorbic Acid (10.5), Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ascorbyl Glucoside (2), Cyclohexasiloxane, Hydroxyethylpiperazine Ethane Sulfonic Acid, Lauroyl Lysine, Acrylonitrile/Methyl Methacrylate/Vinylidene Chloride Copolymer, Polysilicone-11, Adenosine, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Limonene, Isobutane, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Citrus Limon Peel Oil / Lemon Peel Oil, Citral, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate*********Previous Ingredients: Propylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ascorbic Acid, Glycerin, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Lauroyl Lysine, Acrylates Copolymer, Adenosine

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am reviewing the brand's updated serum version that has 12.5% Vitamin C and Hyaluronic Acid.

The old version might have had a few issues associated with it, however, I think Kiehl's did a better job this time round. I am very sensitive to all things Vitamin C, but this is hands down the only serum I can tolerate.

This serum works well for all skin types, even sensitive and dry like mine. It wasn't long before I started noticing just how much fresher, brighter and overall healthier my complexion appeared. I think this new version is a keeper. I talk more about it, same as about the brand's Eye Cream version of the same product, in a separate review here (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2018/05/24/All-About-Kiehls-Vitamin-C-Serum) for those of you who want more details. Hope it helps!

on 5/11/2018 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I wanted not to love it bc of the price point, but dang this stuff is good and honestly will last you for months. You need very little. When initially applied, you get a slight warming sensation which goes away quickly. I wear it in pm. I swear I see results overnight...literally. My skin looks even, brighter; just overall better. It does not add moisture to my skin so I apply over this and doesn't affect my results. I'm down to very little and will definitely repurchase. I was asked today why I don't have wrinkles and that my skin looks great. I think this is a main contributer.

on 2/26/2018 12:39:00 AM

Was looking for a Vitamin C product and decided to try this.

This item has been updated - 2018 version with 12.5% Vitamin C.

I also got the Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% to compare.

I like Kiehl's for the texture - it has silicone and spreads easily.
(But salesperson claimed that it is the 'good type' of silicone. Wonder what that means)
It has a warming feeling upon application but does not sting.
It smells like citrus.
I used it first followed by a moisturiser and skin feels comfortable.
Have been using it for a while and it does brighten up the skin a little.

Kiehl's easier to use compared to Deciem. But comes at a much higher price.

Deciem is likely suitable for those who prefer oil over silicone
Not sure about the effectiveness of Deciem as I just finally managed to get it to work for me - to mix it with moisturiser - otherwise it would sting and just form an oily layer on the face.

I have been using this for about 5 years now. It makes my skin softer, more even and my nasolabial lines are much less pronounced. I tried to swap it out for a cheaper serum but, it was not as good as this, so even though Kiehls is pricey, I will keep re-purchasing.

on 2/22/2018 3:35:00 AM

This is the review for the 2018 updated version with 10.5% Ascorbic Acid and 2% Ascorbyl Glucoside. Total amount of vitamin C in the formula is 12.5%.

It is a a silicone based fluid containing no water for the stability of Ascorbic Acid.
The updated formula contains an additional ester (Ethylhexyl Palmitate) and fragrance ingredients in the form of citrus peel oil that the original formula did not contain. Additionally Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid was added to the formula for possibly claiming better hydration. While the addition of citrus oil is not an improvement to the formula, it is most likely of a very minor grade. The addition of Ethylhexyl Palmitate will make the product appear less drying on the skin than the original formula was.

It is somewhat matter and more elegant appearing on the skin after application than the original, however it might be too oily for warmer weather for those with oily or combination skin, unlike the previous version was.

The formula is almost identical to another L’Oreal creation of 10% vitamin C serum marketed under the Helena Rubinstein brand as C10 Serum. This one is based on Cyclopentasiloxane (instead of Dimethicone and Ethylhexyl Palmitate) and will be more suitable for those with oily or combination skin in warmer weather.

on 12/27/2017 11:36:00 AM

I am apparently a VIP customer of Kiehl's due to trying so many of their products this year. For this reason, I received a full size bottle of this out of the blue last month with a note that I should try it and leave a review. I am 50, with dry skin prone to hormonal acne. I also have brown patches on my cheeks. No wrinkles yet, but hoping to keep them at bay. This product feels warm when you apply it. It smooths on nicely but feels slightly grainy. I had a small white comedone form shortly after I began using that hung around (which I eventually picked at and deeply regret because now I have a Brown spot to deal with). I would not say I have had amazing results. Not sure I would buy this. I also have the eye cream version of this (which I paid full price for) and feel kind of unenthusiastic about that as well.

on 12/9/2017 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I'm very rarely on the fence with a product. I did see difference with this product, but it has 4 different silicone ingredients in it!!!! To fakely reduce lines, which it smartly claims to do on the box, but forgets to mention that it's only until you rid your face of this. But with 10.5% vitamin c, and also Adenosine as the last ingredient(known to soothe and be anti-ageing), 0 fragrance I decided to give it a dry. However, with all the silicones in it, my moisturizer afterwards doesn't absorb into the face because all my pores are blocked. Having dry skin type, I'm left with a very uncomfortable sensation not only from the silicones on my face probably drying me out, but the moisturizer not being able to do its job. In long term, it will probably do me more harm.

I'd reccommend as an alternative to this a Korean brand product by Klairs, "Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drops", also over half the price cheaper and without any silicones.

on 10/19/2017 9:37:00 AM

I've used this for about 18 months and when it ran out most recently I decided to give The ordinary products a go. I've REALLY noticed a difference. I'm 31 but look younger and I often get complimented on my skin. Since stopping using this, I am shocked at the fine lines that have appeared around my eyes when I smile and in my forehead when I raise my eyebrows. It could be a coincidence but I don't think so! Around my eyes is especially distressing, when I smile it looks all papery! As soon as I realised this I have run out to get another bottle and will be using religiously for evermore. I really do think it does wonders.

It's VERY expensive but I think it's worth it (depends on your budget though, of course). Packaging is a bit crap because towards the end of the bottle the pump doesn't work and you could be forgiven for throwing it away but if you unscrew the pump and use the tube as a spatula, you can get almost 2 weeks more out of it.

I guess it lasts about 3/4 months. I think I probably buy 3 a year.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

UPDATE:

I fund it was something else that was causing the inflammation - sandalwood oil that I mix with coconut oil and use to remove make up and sunscreen. However, still this product did nothing for me.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:

I got two small sachet samples of this and somehow managed to stretch each one to 3 uses (I have a small face). Although vitamin C doesn't remain good when exposed to air, I put the sachet in an airtight bottle and it remained white and still gave that warm tingle when I applied it so I'm assuming it was OK.

Speaking of the warm tingle, it gets seriously hot and the first time I was a bit concerned it was burning my skin. I have used Vitamin C a lot so I am not sensitive. Nevertheless, 6 overnight uses were not enough for me to see any visible difference. However the last time I used it, I found that my lip area had become very itchy and it's still like that for the second day. Granted that area is a bit sensitive but this is a bit much. On the plus side, there are no visible signs of irritation.

This is the second Kiehl's product that has irritated my skin. The last time was bad but my skin was going through a very sensitive phase anyway so I didn't take it seriously but now I have learnt my lesson and will avoid.

on 7/3/2017 5:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Visible results from day one. probably the best vitC product I´ve tried. I use it in the morning, every other day, to avoid pore clogging (tends to happen when I use vitC) and with very high SPF. It Works!