e.l.f. Cosmetics Custom Eyes - Ivory

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/7/2012 3:07:00 PM

I bought this thinking I wouldn't like it since it was so cheap but I figured I'd only be out a dollar. I've actually bought this about 4 times now. I like it as an overall wash. This is the color I wear when I don't feel like anything out of the ordinary. An every-day look, if you will. It is very soft and breaks really easy but that also helps it apply really easy. It blends well too. It has some shimmer but nothing over the top.

on 5/29/2011 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Pretty color, but it rubs off so easily. Smooth formulation, but zero staying power.

on 4/14/2011 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

My least favourite out of all the custom eye shades tt i got. It looks like a really nice vanilla shade in the pan, but just swatches a shimmery white, which is a disappointment. I was hoping for the vanilla hue to turn up, but all i got was white. Plus, formula seems kinda crummy. Not as smooth as the other darker shades in the line.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

this e/s is a surprise find for me! im attracted to light colored eyeshadows to use for highlighting so when i came across the elf display @ kmart of course i had to give it a whirl for a buck. my favorite highlighters so far are mac nylon & ulta silk. this dirt cheap little gem is very comparable. it has the shimmer & sheen plus the staying power with a primer. in my experience it did not have a terrible amount of product loosen as i dabbed it with a brush & it wasnt chalky at all as others have described these e/s. i will definately buy again! heck i may not have to buy mac nylon anymore with such a price difference!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This is a great brow bone/highlight color. Elf is awesome. I seriously want everything from them. This shade ivory is a butter soft white which applies great. I love the way it brightens my eyes and makes me look awake. It may be a bit loose but no biggie. Its $1 and the $1 compact u can/should buy is so sleek and pretty. I love filling them up bc all of elfs custom eye shades are beautiful and my top faves. The pigmentation with ivory is perfect, i have pale skin and like most whites they look scary or crazy so im so glad i found this. I apply to brow bone, inner corner and have used as a cheekbone highlight and looks amazing. (I got the idea from a magazine that showed how to contour/ highlight face and gave ideas as to what to buy and listed/showed a picture of elfs custom eye shadow in 'ivory') its a great find and i love all things elf. A white highlight 4 browbone is a must in some looks and its affordable. My Target was carrying this shade (plus a few more as well as the compact) these are great quads and i have 4 palettes and use all of them alot bc u get to pick what shades u want. Love these!

on 9/6/2010 7:34:00 PM

Great highlighter, comparable to N.Y.X shadows best part is you can pop it in easily into your MAC palette.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This shadow is really good for using it as a brownbone highlight. I tried this all over my lid and it looks terrible. However white eyeshadows don't look good on me at all, so that's probably it.The name is a little misleading because it's pure snow white, so I would have called it snow or just white. This is nice to have as a cheap brownbone highlight (it's only a dollar). I would buy this shadow again.

Not pigmented at all... really chalky =/ It may be just a dollar but it still wasn't even worth that.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I found that E.L.F.'s custom compact eye shadows were all really chalky. It seems really pigmented, but there's a lot of shimmer. It's a dollar online or at a store like Target, so if you want a cheap eye shadow then I'd recommend this. I personally don't like shimmer, and this particular color has A LOT of extra glitter. I really like the compact (that you buy separately) for this. It's really large, but It looks really nice and comes with a nice mirror. I've heard that it fits MAC shadows too, so I'll probably be story MAC shadows in the e.l.f. custom compact in the future.

Pros: Affordable, Nice packaging, pigmented

Cons: Very chalky, hard to work with, Too much shimmer

This color is great to use as a highlighter especially for the smoky eye look. It's shimmery but soft enough to provide decent contrast under the brows. Besides, it only costs a dollar! :D