e.l.f. Cosmetics Custom Eyes - Ivory

Price: $

on 4/24/2013 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This didn't give me much of a punch to highlight under my brows/inner tear duct with. It works better when I apply it with a wet brush. Yes you could use it for a subtle highlight as the silver shimmers are quite minute and disperse as a sheen rather than glitter. But I have my WnW Reserve your cabana and even E.L.F's very own Luminance (dupe for MAC CCB in pearl) and E.L.F. shimmer palette in sheer sunrise (that have 4 highlight shades) for that purpose. Nonetheless I'll use it up as it conveniently fits in my ELF custom compact so is more portable then the other options, but the rest perform better as highlights so I doubt I'd repurchase.

This is the perfect ivory shimmery white colour.It is pigmented and stays on all day. It is a stark shimmery white colour that can be used for a highlight. Will re-purchase

on 9/9/2011 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Oh, fellow MUAers, how could so many of us have overlooked the obvious secondary use for this color?

Like some others, I found this a bit ... underwhelming on the eye. However, in a desperate bid to find a use for it, I dipped a powder-brush into it and applied on cheekbones (following blush), and... whoa! What a beautiful highlighter this becomes! There's a beautiful, sheer sheen to it that really brightens the skin, and absolutely no (none--zero--zilch) glitter.

If this is lying unloved in your stash someplace, drag it out and try it as a highlighter! True enough, it's only a dollar, but it might become a dollar very well spent.

on 9/9/2011 11:20:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This was one of four colors i bough for my "Custom Eyes" and i didnt like this at all. None of these colors are at all pigminted, all so sheer you can barely see them. Don't like, tossed in the trash and won't buy again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This shadow is really good for using it as a brownbone highlight. I tried this all over my lid and it looks terrible. However white eyeshadows don't look good on me at all, so that's probably it.The name is a little misleading because it's pure snow white, so I would have called it snow or just white. This is nice to have as a cheap brownbone highlight (it's only a dollar). I would buy this shadow again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I found that E.L.F.'s custom compact eye shadows were all really chalky. It seems really pigmented, but there's a lot of shimmer. It's a dollar online or at a store like Target, so if you want a cheap eye shadow then I'd recommend this. I personally don't like shimmer, and this particular color has A LOT of extra glitter. I really like the compact (that you buy separately) for this. It's really large, but It looks really nice and comes with a nice mirror. I've heard that it fits MAC shadows too, so I'll probably be story MAC shadows in the e.l.f. custom compact in the future.

Pros: Affordable, Nice packaging, pigmented

Cons: Very chalky, hard to work with, Too much shimmer

This color is great to use as a highlighter especially for the smoky eye look. It's shimmery but soft enough to provide decent contrast under the brows. Besides, it only costs a dollar! :D

on 10/8/2009 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Lots of shimmer for $1...I read the reviews and others felt is was too chalky. Not the one I purchased, it wasn't chalky, and it had too much shimmer to wear during the day.

I bought the Sage eyshadow which I love as an eyeliner and I went back today and purchased three other colors. I tried the Ivory as a highlighter and I had to use a sponge on this highlighter to reduce some of the sheen and shimmer. I will use this at night only.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Well Mocha impressed the heck out of me but where Mocha shined, Ivory falls short. It has very little lasting power even over UDPP on my oily eyelids. Looked very nice as a highlight when it was applied, but did not stick around. Would not repurchase, and I'm glad it was only $1.