e.l.f. Cosmetics Custom Eyes - Ivory

Price: $

on 4/24/2013 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This didn't give me much of a punch to highlight under my brows/inner tear duct with. It works better when I apply it with a wet brush. Yes you could use it for a subtle highlight as the silver shimmers are quite minute and disperse as a sheen rather than glitter. But I have my WnW Reserve your cabana and even E.L.F's very own Luminance (dupe for MAC CCB in pearl) and E.L.F. shimmer palette in sheer sunrise (that have 4 highlight shades) for that purpose. Nonetheless I'll use it up as it conveniently fits in my ELF custom compact so is more portable then the other options, but the rest perform better as highlights so I doubt I'd repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

this e/s is a surprise find for me! im attracted to light colored eyeshadows to use for highlighting so when i came across the elf display @ kmart of course i had to give it a whirl for a buck. my favorite highlighters so far are mac nylon & ulta silk. this dirt cheap little gem is very comparable. it has the shimmer & sheen plus the staying power with a primer. in my experience it did not have a terrible amount of product loosen as i dabbed it with a brush & it wasnt chalky at all as others have described these e/s. i will definately buy again! heck i may not have to buy mac nylon anymore with such a price difference!

on 3/16/2009 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

There are so many good reviews for E.L.F. I decided to go on a hunt for a few shadows and give 'em a try. Not bad for a buck! The color pay off is way better than I expected. Nice base coat. I took a nap in it and it stayed! The little magnet thing works great for the little white case. The case is actually kind of cute. I can't believe these colors are a dollar. I got 4 colors just to fill the case. I got all the lightest colors the store had for base coats. I always use a lot of base and run out of those before any of my other colors in my palettes. So I justified the low dollar spend in this way. ;-) Now I want to try the blushes too, but the store near me has none of them in stock for now. The little shadows are a good find. I even read on one review that the little white case can house the MAC shadows. Hmmmm....too bad I do not have any of those to try right now.

I was pleasantly surprised with this eyeshadow! The pigmentation is great and I use it all the time for a highlight! It's a really nice white (not too shimmery) eyeshadow that truly brightens your eyes.
Only drawback is that it's not very firmly packed, so just softly dipping your brush into it generates a lot of product that's a little messy.
But despite that, a great highlighter with *very decent pigmentation. Definitely worth the dollar.