e.l.f. Cosmetics Custom Eyes - Ivory

Price: $

on 5/29/2011 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Pretty color, but it rubs off so easily. Smooth formulation, but zero staying power.

on 4/30/2013 10:50:00 PM

I bought four of these eyeshadows for my custom compact and this is one of them. Ive been wanting to try these eyeshadows out because I like hte idea of having custom shades.

I found this eyeshadow to be pretty underwhelming...its a nice creamy white color with some shimmer but thats about as far as it goes for me. It applies powdery and then creased after a few hours.

Yea its cheap but I prefer better quality in my eyeshadows. I have a clinique duo eye shadow that was 15 bucks but its lasted me over 2 years and I use it almost every day!

on 9/9/2011 11:20:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This was one of four colors i bough for my "Custom Eyes" and i didnt like this at all. None of these colors are at all pigminted, all so sheer you can barely see them. Don't like, tossed in the trash and won't buy again.

Not pigmented at all... really chalky =/ It may be just a dollar but it still wasn't even worth that.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I found that E.L.F.'s custom compact eye shadows were all really chalky. It seems really pigmented, but there's a lot of shimmer. It's a dollar online or at a store like Target, so if you want a cheap eye shadow then I'd recommend this. I personally don't like shimmer, and this particular color has A LOT of extra glitter. I really like the compact (that you buy separately) for this. It's really large, but It looks really nice and comes with a nice mirror. I've heard that it fits MAC shadows too, so I'll probably be story MAC shadows in the e.l.f. custom compact in the future.

Pros: Affordable, Nice packaging, pigmented

Cons: Very chalky, hard to work with, Too much shimmer

on 3/29/2009 3:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This was too white/shimmery on my complexion. (Slightly yellow-toned and freckled.) Looks clownish on me. Worth the price and would probably be great on someone with less of a sallow cast to their skin.

on 1/22/2007 12:08:00 PM

It looks silvery on my tan skin. I tend to aim for a nice highlighting shade. I have a bit of an oily skin also, so it did not last on me for very long. The packaging came in a single so it almost feels like a sample. (It was meant to be put into a magnetic compact for your favorite shades, but I didn't buy the compact.)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Well Mocha impressed the heck out of me but where Mocha shined, Ivory falls short. It has very little lasting power even over UDPP on my oily eyelids. Looked very nice as a highlight when it was applied, but did not stick around. Would not repurchase, and I'm glad it was only $1.

on 4/24/2013 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This didn't give me much of a punch to highlight under my brows/inner tear duct with. It works better when I apply it with a wet brush. Yes you could use it for a subtle highlight as the silver shimmers are quite minute and disperse as a sheen rather than glitter. But I have my WnW Reserve your cabana and even E.L.F's very own Luminance (dupe for MAC CCB in pearl) and E.L.F. shimmer palette in sheer sunrise (that have 4 highlight shades) for that purpose. Nonetheless I'll use it up as it conveniently fits in my ELF custom compact so is more portable then the other options, but the rest perform better as highlights so I doubt I'd repurchase.

on 9/9/2011 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Oh, fellow MUAers, how could so many of us have overlooked the obvious secondary use for this color?

Like some others, I found this a bit ... underwhelming on the eye. However, in a desperate bid to find a use for it, I dipped a powder-brush into it and applied on cheekbones (following blush), and... whoa! What a beautiful highlighter this becomes! There's a beautiful, sheer sheen to it that really brightens the skin, and absolutely no (none--zero--zilch) glitter.

If this is lying unloved in your stash someplace, drag it out and try it as a highlighter! True enough, it's only a dollar, but it might become a dollar very well spent.