e.l.f. Cosmetics Custom Eyes - Ivory

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Well Mocha impressed the heck out of me but where Mocha shined, Ivory falls short. It has very little lasting power even over UDPP on my oily eyelids. Looked very nice as a highlight when it was applied, but did not stick around. Would not repurchase, and I'm glad it was only $1.

on 9/25/2007 5:15:00 PM

I like Ivory actually but I'm pale with warm undertones. It's quite sheer so it really is more for brightening purposes really (good for inner corner of the eyes, under the eyes or a dramatic highlight shade!) I like the fact this is one of the few truly pearly white colors out there with no irridescence of any other colors or tints of any other shades which I often find with white shadows. The staying power is moderate but I don't have a problem with this shadow over UDPP. The best thing about these is that they're $1 and comes with a magnetic back for custom palettes so if you hate a color you can still just use the pan for your own custom eyeshadow pressing however I own 3 ELF eyeshadows (ivory, mocha, sage) and I like all of them so far :)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Very nice white eyeshadow which makse a great brow and inner-eye-corner highlighter! no obvious shimmer but not matte either, it's in between. good staying power with a base and very little fallout. you get a generous amount too. simply put: a very good white eyeshadow for a cheap price.

I bought this to try the ELF line and I also needed a white shadow that would work as a eyebrow highlighter. This worked well. The color stayed on all day and I fell asleep with it on once and most was still on in the morning. And for only a dollar well worth buying.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I found that E.L.F.'s custom compact eye shadows were all really chalky. It seems really pigmented, but there's a lot of shimmer. It's a dollar online or at a store like Target, so if you want a cheap eye shadow then I'd recommend this. I personally don't like shimmer, and this particular color has A LOT of extra glitter. I really like the compact (that you buy separately) for this. It's really large, but It looks really nice and comes with a nice mirror. I've heard that it fits MAC shadows too, so I'll probably be story MAC shadows in the e.l.f. custom compact in the future.

Pros: Affordable, Nice packaging, pigmented

Cons: Very chalky, hard to work with, Too much shimmer

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This shadow is really good for using it as a brownbone highlight. I tried this all over my lid and it looks terrible. However white eyeshadows don't look good on me at all, so that's probably it.The name is a little misleading because it's pure snow white, so I would have called it snow or just white. This is nice to have as a cheap brownbone highlight (it's only a dollar). I would buy this shadow again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This is a great brow bone/highlight color. Elf is awesome. I seriously want everything from them. This shade ivory is a butter soft white which applies great. I love the way it brightens my eyes and makes me look awake. It may be a bit loose but no biggie. Its $1 and the $1 compact u can/should buy is so sleek and pretty. I love filling them up bc all of elfs custom eye shades are beautiful and my top faves. The pigmentation with ivory is perfect, i have pale skin and like most whites they look scary or crazy so im so glad i found this. I apply to brow bone, inner corner and have used as a cheekbone highlight and looks amazing. (I got the idea from a magazine that showed how to contour/ highlight face and gave ideas as to what to buy and listed/showed a picture of elfs custom eye shadow in 'ivory') its a great find and i love all things elf. A white highlight 4 browbone is a must in some looks and its affordable. My Target was carrying this shade (plus a few more as well as the compact) these are great quads and i have 4 palettes and use all of them alot bc u get to pick what shades u want. Love these!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is the perfect white highlight shade, and it's only $1! The rest of their shadows don't wow me since the colors are fairly dupeable and the textures seem to be a bit chalky, but this classy, subtle pearly off white shadow is a winner. It seems to go with cool and warm eyeshadows equally well since the white is more creamy rather than a stark blue-toned white. It's much less frosty than Nylon and Phloof! from MAC. It's more of a subtle glow than a frosty shade.You could even wear it on the browbone, but I prefer it for the inner corners of my eyes. The finish is sheer and the texture smooth and slightly powdery. I didn't expect to find my HG highlight shade in the E.L.F. $1 makeup line, honestly.It's the only E.L.F. product I use every day and I can't see myself using any other highlighter as long as this one is made. Cheap and fabulous!

on 3/5/2013 3:22:00 PM

I really love this color as a highlight color, a color to blend with and an inner eye color. It's a very pretty off white, great for blending without looking unnatural or overtaking any of the other colors in use. It does have a little shimmer to it which doesn't make a difference to me either way. I was using Crystal Avalanche (MAC) on my brow bone almost exclusively, but with some looks it was just a bit too white. This one does the job Crystal Avalanche couldn't do. It's an absolute must have for me right now. The only reason it doesn't get a 5 is because the staying power (I used with a primer) could be better. But hey, what do you expect for $1? It has already far surpassed my expectations already.

on 4/24/2013 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This didn't give me much of a punch to highlight under my brows/inner tear duct with. It works better when I apply it with a wet brush. Yes you could use it for a subtle highlight as the silver shimmers are quite minute and disperse as a sheen rather than glitter. But I have my WnW Reserve your cabana and even E.L.F's very own Luminance (dupe for MAC CCB in pearl) and E.L.F. shimmer palette in sheer sunrise (that have 4 highlight shades) for that purpose. Nonetheless I'll use it up as it conveniently fits in my ELF custom compact so is more portable then the other options, but the rest perform better as highlights so I doubt I'd repurchase.