e.l.f. Cosmetics Custom Eyes - Ivory

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Well Mocha impressed the heck out of me but where Mocha shined, Ivory falls short. It has very little lasting power even over UDPP on my oily eyelids. Looked very nice as a highlight when it was applied, but did not stick around. Would not repurchase, and I'm glad it was only $1.

on 1/22/2007 12:08:00 PM

It looks silvery on my tan skin. I tend to aim for a nice highlighting shade. I have a bit of an oily skin also, so it did not last on me for very long. The packaging came in a single so it almost feels like a sample. (It was meant to be put into a magnetic compact for your favorite shades, but I didn't buy the compact.)

on 5/2/2007 4:02:00 PM

This is great as an eyeliner, to brighten and widen the eye. Who needs a separate eye brightener when you can carry this around in the little palette? Now if they'd just make an 8-pan palette so I can carry everything I need to do a complete make-up...

on 8/4/2007 5:37:00 PM

I recently bought and just used this shade, and three others (Moondust, Periwinkle, Dusk), today. It is a light, off-white that, for such a light shade, I would describe as moderately sheer. I would describe all the "shimmer" in these shadows to be more of a pearlized glow than a real shimmer or frost. This was a pleasant surprise, because they look quite nice on -- not too frosty or shimmery at all. All of these shadows are extremely crease-resistant. All of the four shades of E.L.F. Custom Eyes shadows that I've tried are rather "crumbly." In other words, when you stroke it with your applicator or brush, too much of the product comes loose -- quite messy. Also, Dusk is the only shade of the four I tried (Ivory, Moondust, Periwinkle, Dusk) that had very good staying power. Moondust faded badly and Periwinkle was a bit weak. There was just a bit of fading for Ivory, but not nearly as much as Moondust. I must add that after the initial fade-down, this has very good staying power. Fading or weak pigmentation (sheerness) seems to be a trademark for most of these shadows, based on other reviews I've read. Also, these shadows contain talc, mineral oil and petrolatum. Too bad, because I like the packaging and I love being able to buy individual shades for a custom palette; not to mention they are only $1.00 each! I would repurchase this shade to use as a highlighter because I like the pearly glow that is left after fade-down, because it is a nice compliment to Dusk as a liner, and because of it's price even though it contains talc, mineral oil and petrolatum.

Note: please see my other review on the Custom Eyes 4-pan Palette Compact that these shadows were designed to fit in. They are WONDERFUL (and not just for these shadows)!

I ordered this shadow directly from eyeslipsface.com during their 50% off sale. They periodically have sales and coupon codes, which is great, and $5.00 flat rate shipping. There are two big problems with ordering direct, however. The first is that, although they have improved their website to show some things as out-of-stock, they still do not have a way to notify the orderer, before the order is finalized, that not all items are truly in-stock. To compound this problem, they do not put the items that they did not send on backorder for later shipment. I did not find out until my order arrived that everything I ordered was not included. The other problem is that they use only a standard weight bubble envelope with no additional padding, and things are not bound together to prevent shift. In other words, things are just stuffed in there, unprotected. I've seen other reviews mentioning these two problems, too.

on 9/25/2007 5:15:00 PM

I like Ivory actually but I'm pale with warm undertones. It's quite sheer so it really is more for brightening purposes really (good for inner corner of the eyes, under the eyes or a dramatic highlight shade!) I like the fact this is one of the few truly pearly white colors out there with no irridescence of any other colors or tints of any other shades which I often find with white shadows. The staying power is moderate but I don't have a problem with this shadow over UDPP. The best thing about these is that they're $1 and comes with a magnetic back for custom palettes so if you hate a color you can still just use the pan for your own custom eyeshadow pressing however I own 3 ELF eyeshadows (ivory, mocha, sage) and I like all of them so far :)

on 10/19/2007 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I think this shadow makes an awesome highlight. Unfortunately i can't write a very FULL review, as I bought this purely to be used as a high light and haven't used it in many other situiations, but for being only a dollar, I think it's very pretty and pearly, and attracts alot of attention to my eyes.
I love using it with dusk and my chocolate brown and gold shadows to create a smoky eye that is so pretty it's almost otherworldoy.

on 11/26/2007 12:07:00 AM

I love this color cause it is soo easy to mix with other colors. I also use this as a base for when I do the smokey eye.

on 12/30/2007 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I think this is pretty decent. I just love the packaging.

on 9/7/2008 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

okay, this eyeshadow isn't exactly ivory as it claims, it has a bit of a creamy yellow tone to it- but that may just be because of my own skintone. i really like this shadow- it's a good price, a strong color when applied generously. the only downside is that it's not packed very tightly and once you dip your brush into the tin, eyeshadow gets EVERYWHERE.

this is great when used wet as well!

on 12/8/2008 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one of my favorite shadows of all time. It is beautiful as a brow highlighter and for the inner corners of the eye. It has a slight shimmer to it, so it reflects light perfectly. Very easy to apply and super easy to blend.