e.l.f. Cosmetics Custom Eyes - Ivory

Custom Eyes - IvoryCustom Eyes - Ivory

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/30/2013 10:50:00 PM

I bought four of these eyeshadows for my custom compact and this is one of them. Ive been wanting to try these eyeshadows out because I like hte idea of having custom shades.

I found this eyeshadow to be pretty underwhelming...its a nice creamy white color with some shimmer but thats about as far as it goes for me. It applies powdery and then creased after a few hours.

Yea its cheap but I prefer better quality in my eyeshadows. I have a clinique duo eye shadow that was 15 bucks but its lasted me over 2 years and I use it almost every day!

on 3/5/2013 3:22:00 PM

I really love this color as a highlight color, a color to blend with and an inner eye color. It's a very pretty off white, great for blending without looking unnatural or overtaking any of the other colors in use. It does have a little shimmer to it which doesn't make a difference to me either way. I was using Crystal Avalanche (MAC) on my brow bone almost exclusively, but with some looks it was just a bit too white. This one does the job Crystal Avalanche couldn't do. It's an absolute must have for me right now. The only reason it doesn't get a 5 is because the staying power (I used with a primer) could be better. But hey, what do you expect for $1? It has already far surpassed my expectations already.

on 2/27/2010 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

For the price, this is an excellent eyeshadow! I bought this for $1 at K-Mart, as well as a few other colors, and a 4-shadow magnetic palette to store them in. These shadows come in small, circular pans with magnetic backing and are meant to be placed in palettes (like professional MAC palettes).

The Ivory shadow is white with a silvery shimmer. This makes for a good highlighting color. Silvery hues, however, look a little gray on darker skin, but that's expected. You can build up the color from sheer to heavy, but it doesn't look as "white" on your skin as it does in the pan.

The staying power of this product is similar to that of most shadows. It will last longer if you use an eye base or primer, and will probably crease if you have oily lids, but all shadows do that.

This shadow is a little more powdery than, say, a MAC shadow, but for the cost, I'm willing to let that slide! Considering that MAC shadows are $14, I am very impressed by this product.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Very nice white eyeshadow which makse a great brow and inner-eye-corner highlighter! no obvious shimmer but not matte either, it's in between. good staying power with a base and very little fallout. you get a generous amount too. simply put: a very good white eyeshadow for a cheap price.