e.l.f. Cosmetics Custom Eyes - Ivory

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/30/2013 10:50:00 PM

I bought four of these eyeshadows for my custom compact and this is one of them. Ive been wanting to try these eyeshadows out because I like hte idea of having custom shades.

I found this eyeshadow to be pretty underwhelming...its a nice creamy white color with some shimmer but thats about as far as it goes for me. It applies powdery and then creased after a few hours.

Yea its cheap but I prefer better quality in my eyeshadows. I have a clinique duo eye shadow that was 15 bucks but its lasted me over 2 years and I use it almost every day!

on 3/5/2013 3:22:00 PM

I really love this color as a highlight color, a color to blend with and an inner eye color. It's a very pretty off white, great for blending without looking unnatural or overtaking any of the other colors in use. It does have a little shimmer to it which doesn't make a difference to me either way. I was using Crystal Avalanche (MAC) on my brow bone almost exclusively, but with some looks it was just a bit too white. This one does the job Crystal Avalanche couldn't do. It's an absolute must have for me right now. The only reason it doesn't get a 5 is because the staying power (I used with a primer) could be better. But hey, what do you expect for $1? It has already far surpassed my expectations already.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is the perfect white highlight shade, and it's only $1! The rest of their shadows don't wow me since the colors are fairly dupeable and the textures seem to be a bit chalky, but this classy, subtle pearly off white shadow is a winner. It seems to go with cool and warm eyeshadows equally well since the white is more creamy rather than a stark blue-toned white. It's much less frosty than Nylon and Phloof! from MAC. It's more of a subtle glow than a frosty shade.You could even wear it on the browbone, but I prefer it for the inner corners of my eyes. The finish is sheer and the texture smooth and slightly powdery. I didn't expect to find my HG highlight shade in the E.L.F. $1 makeup line, honestly.It's the only E.L.F. product I use every day and I can't see myself using any other highlighter as long as this one is made. Cheap and fabulous!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I found that E.L.F.'s custom compact eye shadows were all really chalky. It seems really pigmented, but there's a lot of shimmer. It's a dollar online or at a store like Target, so if you want a cheap eye shadow then I'd recommend this. I personally don't like shimmer, and this particular color has A LOT of extra glitter. I really like the compact (that you buy separately) for this. It's really large, but It looks really nice and comes with a nice mirror. I've heard that it fits MAC shadows too, so I'll probably be story MAC shadows in the e.l.f. custom compact in the future.

Pros: Affordable, Nice packaging, pigmented

Cons: Very chalky, hard to work with, Too much shimmer

I bought this to try the ELF line and I also needed a white shadow that would work as a eyebrow highlighter. This worked well. The color stayed on all day and I fell asleep with it on once and most was still on in the morning. And for only a dollar well worth buying.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Very nice white eyeshadow which makse a great brow and inner-eye-corner highlighter! no obvious shimmer but not matte either, it's in between. good staying power with a base and very little fallout. you get a generous amount too. simply put: a very good white eyeshadow for a cheap price.

on 9/25/2007 5:15:00 PM

I like Ivory actually but I'm pale with warm undertones. It's quite sheer so it really is more for brightening purposes really (good for inner corner of the eyes, under the eyes or a dramatic highlight shade!) I like the fact this is one of the few truly pearly white colors out there with no irridescence of any other colors or tints of any other shades which I often find with white shadows. The staying power is moderate but I don't have a problem with this shadow over UDPP. The best thing about these is that they're $1 and comes with a magnetic back for custom palettes so if you hate a color you can still just use the pan for your own custom eyeshadow pressing however I own 3 ELF eyeshadows (ivory, mocha, sage) and I like all of them so far :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Well Mocha impressed the heck out of me but where Mocha shined, Ivory falls short. It has very little lasting power even over UDPP on my oily eyelids. Looked very nice as a highlight when it was applied, but did not stick around. Would not repurchase, and I'm glad it was only $1.