Clinique Color Surge in Strike it Rich

Clinique Color Surge in Strike it Rich

4.2

on 6/11/2012 11:32:00 AM

although i use this regularly, i give it three lippies because it is not very wearable on its own. if i don't use a primer, it doesn't spread and creases after a few hours. i don't use the applicator, but wash my hands and use my fingers to avoid intense fallout (a problem i've always had with clinique).
also, i received this shadow as a gift but due to the price i would not repurchase it on my own. l'oreal's infallible eyeshadow in gold imperial is a perfectly good DS dupe for this.

This looked like such a cool color when i saw it in the store. When i put it on, it didnt spread very well it was a pretty like it anyways. I honestly would rather mix it or blend it with another color than on its on, but all the same, it was a pretty color.

on 8/26/2010 7:49:00 PM

I love this color. It's gorgeous on my fair, reddish skin tone. The SA put it on me - this on the lid and Rum Spice on the corner and crease - and I knew right away it'd be a new favorite. A lady at work compliments me every single time my eyes have these two colors on. It really makes my blue eyes look great, too.

The only downside is the amount of fallout. Each time I have to use remover on my cheeks and outer lower brow bones to wipe off all the excess. But such a gorgeous color it doesn't matter.

on 3/22/2010 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is a very shimmery, but beautiful, eye shadow. I wear it with Rum Spice in the crease, and it makes my blue eyes look amazing!

on 10/10/2010 9:52:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I went seeking this color after reading about it in Allure magazine i believe, and i loved how vibrant the color was and how pigmented it looked. When i used it i noticed that i experienced a lot of fall out and the color was so light,even when I applied it over primer/base it was still not as noticeable. I was really disappointed to say the least and i cast away this eye shadow to the back of the make up drawer.
Recently though, i was doing some make up "spring" cleaning and i decided to try the color using Urban Decay Eye Transforming Potion, treating it more like a pigment instead of an eye shadow. Now this is definitely one of my go to gold colors! It's absolutely gorgeous when applied wet and the best part, it actually looks as gold on the lid as it does in the pot!

on 12/11/2010 5:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Love it! Sooo Pigmented!

on 2/11/2008 4:34:00 AM

OK on my asian light/med skin.. almost a bit too garish even with my warm/olive coloring. looked really good on my super light cream skinned/blue eyes/light brown haired friend though! you get alot of product for your moneys worth, lancomes/origins are literally half the size.

on 8/20/2007 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I work by clinique and get to look at their products all the time! This color definitely caught my eye! It's really shimmery and sparkles and can be applied as a single color and mixed together to make the other color glitter. It looks great against my skin! (Tan with yellow undertones) i'd recommend this to anyone with similar skin.

on 4/1/2008 9:29:00 AM

I just got this the other day and it is beautiful!! I got it to wear with Peacock and they look gorgeous together! If you don't use a eyeshadow primer (I use concealer) then the color wouldn't be so dark but you can make it as dramatic as you like. This stuff is great!

on 4/7/2009 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a beautiful molten coppery brown that shows up true to pan color when used with a primer. It is very pigmented and smooth and it lasts. I use this with MAC Coppering in the crease and it looks great. Try this one out, it definitely stands out amongst the usually dull Clinique eyeshadow colors.

EOTD with Strike it Rich on lid and Coppering in crease >>