3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

12 years ago

Love this cleanser. I am so impressed with this line. I haven't had a breakout using this product and with the combination of the products from her line, my skin looks great! Much more even and I'm beginning to see that glow again!

About reviewer (27 reviews)

12 years ago

I first received a sample of this cleanser which lasted me a week. As soon as I was done with the sample I went to the Kate Somerville skincare clinic and purchased the full size. It leaves my combo skin super clean with just the tiniest amount of cleanser and most importantly it doesn't strip my skin.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrunette

3.0

12 years ago

Well, I have once again gone into the abyss of trying a new skincare line. I tend to do it when somthing catches my eye. I have tried lots of things that worked great and other that did squat. This one works very well. I LOVE THE KATE SOMERVILLE PACKAGING, it is totally unique and sanitary. Some may say with the push pump top on most of the jar creams that you leave a lot in the case when it stosp coming out but this is true with everything even a tube unless you have an free open jar. I advise everyone to cut apart tubes when they seem to be empty there is a bit more in there for a day or two or sometimes even more and also with these BREAK THOSE BABIES OPEN. I will do that when these say they are out and just put in regular jar until gone. Won't be wasting a bit of this because the price of all her products are high. But so far I like them all. Some are not to die for but they all work good. I have reviewed all my products so take a peak. As for this cleanser it is good but I need something that is going to work when I need to take makeup off and not just wash a plain face and this didn't take my makeup off so will stick with the fresh cucumber cleanser, works awesome but also a pricey one! Another pooper is the price of most of the KS products but I look at it this way, I only have one face and I will do my best to keep it looking great until I'm gone....:)

About reviewer (111 reviews)

12 years ago

I love this cleanser! I've been using this one and the gentle cleanser. I was only using this one 1-2 a week since I love how the gentle cleanser smells. But recently I ran out of the gentle one and decided to just stick to this one since I didn't want to spend more $. I am so glad I did. My skin just loves it. My breakouts have diminished and my skin looks bright.

About reviewer (57 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

13 years ago

This cleanser feels great on the skin, rinses clean. I requested a sample with my recent KS order, after 2 tries, I immediately placed another order for the full size. Pleasant scent. Will repurchase again. UPDATE 2/17/08 : Still loving this cleanser. Currently on my 2nd tube, a little bit goes a long way. I've tried countless cleansers out there, nothing beats this.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

HairBlack

EyesBlack

13 years ago

A great cleanser. Tried a sample and would purchase if it were easier to come by and I didn't have to pay shipping. Leaves skin very soft and clear. I really love the texture too...mine was not runny, just kind of an aloe/gel feel. Loved the fresh scent also. There's nothing bad about this cleanser, but lots of positives in keeping the skin clean and clear. Yummy! *****Update already (a few minutes after writing the review)***I logged onto Kate Somerville's website to buy this cleanser. I even had a $10 coupon. Couldn't do it...just too expensive for me right now. Shipping for this one product was $8 so the total price (minus $10) was still $26. Ouch! May not ever buy this product...

About reviewer (387 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

2.0

13 years ago

I have combination, acne-prone skin and have struggled with uneven skin tone and large pores. I love this cleanser! I have been using this with the clarifying toner and anti-bac lotion for about 3 weeks. My skin has done a complete turn around! I broke out a little the first week or so, but ever since then I have seen improvements daily. My skin is smooth and totally clear and my pores are less noticeable. I don't have a problem with the packaging and the product doesn't seem runny to me. So far, this is HG for me. I also have to rave about their customer service. About two weeks after I placed my order, one of their "Skin Health Experts" called me to make sure I was happy with the products and see if I had any questions. I am very impressed with this company and their products. UPDATE: After about four months of continuous use, I started getting cystic acne on my chin. I switched back to Aveda, and it went away. I loved the way this made my skin look at first, but after a while, it just made my skin worse. Too bad.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrunette

EyesBrown

13 years ago

I love this cleanser! I just turned 30 and had my 3rd child not too long ago, and surprise my whole body changed on me.....My regular cleansers weren't working anymore....so I tried the Detox cleanser and whoa what a difference...I now use the Total vitamin, Line Release and the Deep Tissue Repair and I love them all.....Yes they are cheaper products out there but to me NONE compare to these products

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

1.0

13 years ago

I really like this cleanser, the smell isn't that great, but it doesn't bother me. I've only been using this for a couple of weeks and I really am seeing a difference. Too much does come out of the packaging (I don't know what they were thinking when they picked that bottle out) But I've learned how to get the right amount out everytime. I broke out a little the first day or so, but I definatly am seeing improvement. I TAKE EVERYTHING GOOD ABOUT THIS FACE WASH BACK. HATE IT, HATE IT, HATE IT..... TOO EXPENSIVE, NOT EFFCIENT, BAD SMELL, RUNNY, BLEMISHES RETURN. SOOO OVER IT

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry

EyesBlue

2.0
from

13 years ago

I really wanted to like this product but sadly it just didn't work for me. It has a lovely herbally citrus smell to it. The consistency is VERY runny almost water-like. The cap is a twist cap that when twisted one way allows the product to be released through a small hole in the top but because of the runny consistency the product all pools out in your hand. I also had problems with the cleansing ability. Not only did it not take off all my makeup or even remove the layer of oil on my skin, it left an essential oil film on my skin that felt sticky and I couldn't remove with a toner. I stuck this out and kept it for past the return period thinking my skin just needed to adjust to a more natural gentler cleanser only to be left with an acne problem from the film left on my skin. I'd say no to this one. It's kind of pricey and just doesn't do the job. I can't think of a skin type this would work for. I have combination, sensitive, acne prone skin.

About reviewer (182 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Warm