3.8

price range

Reviews

from

11 years ago

This is the cleanser I seem to go back to--maybe not HG, but a good basic. Not too drying and doesn't irritate me at all--not even my neck, which is the true test for me!

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily

HairBlond

EyesBlue

11 years ago

I love this cleanser. My skin feels soft, smooth & even a little bit hydrated. I use this both day & night. It removes all my face make-up without dryness or irritation. I am liking this better than my Philosophy Purity cleanser.

About reviewer (426 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

11 years ago

Ok I love kate somerville's anti-bac lotion and eradikate spot treatment. I went into a local dept store for a free oxriygen facial and then the facialist recommended that I get all of these products including this one. Hmm I wonder why? Well I ended up getting this and the oil free moisturizer, I'm not sure which one it is but now I'm breaking out! I was on the way to clear skin by using my olay moisturizing clothes, and my anti bac lotion and spot treatment. I also had not been wearing makeup for about a week straight. Really, I just had some marks fading and I had one small blemish that was on its way out. Now I've got about 4 new ripe ones in 3 days. Plus this makes my skin feel way too dry and flakey. BOO And I bet when I return the items, they'll say my skin is just "purging"

About reviewer (133 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Other

from

11 years ago

I was told by Kate Somerville herself that this would be an ideal cleanser for my oily acne-prone skin however it fails in many ways. First, it's way too harsh for my skin. The cleanser has as its main ingredient sodium sulfate which is an ingredient used in detergent, no wonder! The tube does last a very long time (I've used it almost on a daily basis) almost 5 months and it's supposed to be hygienic but I disliked the fact that it leaks a little bit after you've squeezed some out. Try a pump that might work just as well. It doesn't have a strong scent but it's not great as a makeup remover too. For the price, I think it fails in many ways.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

3.0

11 years ago

This cleanser did get the job done, but for the price and quantity it's not worth the results. I did not see substantive results with this product line over all, I combined the detox cleanser with the lactic acid toner and did not experience clearing effects overall. Also, the product often leaked out of the twist cap onto my medicine cabinet. I will not be buying this again and am rather happy with my most recent purchase - Jan Marini bioglycolic cleanser and cream. Now that stuff works!

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

11 years ago

This is my new favorite face wash. I got it the first time with my clarisonic and I am continued using it and the current one is my third tube already. This cleanser contained all the ingredients that good for acne-prone skin like me ie, salicylic acid, phytic acid, glycolic acid, lactic acid and tree tea oil. The price is kinda expensive in my opinion $28 for 4oz. (120mL) I used up one tube almost every month. I wish they make a little bit bigger pump bottle it will be better in term of packaging because sometimes the gel was leaking out from the cap. I love the scent, kinda citrus smell because it contains tangerine peel oil. Now, I ordered from spalook freefill every 6 weeks so I will never ran out of it anymore.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

3.0

12 years ago

I bought this cleanser about 6 months ago and I rarely use it anymore. It is a blah cleanser... nothing fab... and the twist cap leaks all over my counter when you stand it up!

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination

HairBrown

EyesGreen

12 years ago

This product just didn't work for me. I have sensitive skin that reacts negatively to lavender (why do so many skincare products for sensitive skin contain lavender?) so I tried this and all I can say is... ouch. Detox cleanser made my face sting. I'm glad other people are having better luck than I am with this product and the entire Kate Somerville line but IMO, clever packaging and overblown hype can't hide the actual products' mediocrity.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairRed, Other, Other

EyesGreen

12 years ago

I like this cleanser alot. I tried a sample and was very pleased with its results, so I bought it. I have combination skin and it's great when my skin breaks out! Would purchase again!

About reviewer (33 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other

HairBlack

EyesBlack

12 years ago

I love this cleanser from Kate Somerville. Right now I have an auto-delivery plan set up to bring it to me. I initially tried it with the Gentle Cleanser, using this one in the evening and the Gentle in the morning, but I think that once I run out of the Gentle I will just use Detox at both times. It is not too stripping, just makes my face feel really nice and clean after I use it. I do use the Clarisonic brush with it; I know that makes a difference, but I definitely like this cleanser better than the Gentle. Also, I don't use a huge amount with the brush. I find I use about the same amount whether I'm using the brush or my fingers, so I don't waste any.

About reviewer (28 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone