Kate Somerville Detox Cleanser

3.8

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Polysorbate 20, Phytic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Citrate, Salicylic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Chlorphenesin, Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Peel Oil, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium PCA, Sodium Riboflavin Phosphate, Allantoin, Panthenol, Lactic Acid, Glycolic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Cyanocobalamin, Urea, Limonene.

This is a strong tea tree scented yellow gel cleanser. Does a good job removing grime and light makeup. This feels like a 'natural brand' cleanser for oily/congested types. I don't think its strong enough to get rid of serious blemishes and unless you love tea tree, I would recommend that you try this before you buy. I think this is a better cleanser than the exfolikate however its a lot more expensive than many natural brands for the skin type.

This cleanser is orange in color and very runny when dispensed. There is a fairly strong medicinal smell to it, so if you are bothered by heavy scents, pass this product up - BUT....it really does help with your skin. I have the occasional break outs, acne scarring and redness. It really helped keep my skin calm during that time of the month when I seem to get the worst breakouts. That's not to say that I didn't get any, I did. But they didn't stay long and there were probably only a fraction of breakouts. It doesn't sting, but manages to leave your skin feeling very clean. My one complaint is that the dispenser is terrible. I don't know how to describe it, but it's basically a twist top that doesn't come off, but there's a hole in the middle of the twist top to allow the product to dispense. I felt like i had to clean that off after each use, because the top has this slight dip to catch product as it dispenses, but doesn't allow you to easily "scoop" it all up, so I felt like I was wasting a little more product that I had to. Overall, I think that this was a pretty good product because it kept the breakouts down to a minimum and kept my skin feeling clean.

I'm a bit surprised at the lack of reviews on this product. Kate Somerville has amazing products, more towards people with sensitive and problematic skin. I kind of bought this cleanser on a whim, but did a bit of research beforehand. It was pricey but has lasted me about 5 months now.

pros:
- claims lived up to its word: detox. this has and currently tames my acne-prone skin's flare-ups.
- safe for sensitive skin. this doesn't reek of chemicals, yes its a yellow gel but it has a pleasant smell to me! just nice and fresh
- you only need a tiny amount for your face. the tube lasts you quite a long time!

cons:
- pricepoint: i got mine for about $42CAD at sephora.
- it doesnt lather up as much as my other good cleansers. you really have to massage this into your skin for a good minute to make sure its really getting deep into your pores and scooping away all that dirt and makeup.
- it does look like dawn soap when you squeeze it out. I can see why some people might not love that.

I'm about to run out of this cleanser, and I'm about to run to Sephora to buy another one. Its really good for acne-prone skinned people!!! you need this. Kate is a genius.

Honestly did not like this cleanser which is a real shame because Kate Somerville products are usually so great!

I have acne-prone combo skin which leans more towards the dry side and this just made things so much worse. It honestly reminds me of dishwashing liquid because of the consistency and how drying it is on my skin (the citrus scent doesn't help). I don't feel like it helped my breakouts at all, if anything it made them worse because my skin tried to overcompensate for how stripped it felt.

In the future I will be sticking to oil/balm cleansers. I just cannot stand feeling tight after cleansing.

I've used Kate Somerville's Eradikate and it did nothing for me at all, which was really unfortunate considering the price of it. I've been on the search for new skincare products and didn't want to give up on Kate Somerville, so after reading all the great reviews of this product I went to Sephora and got a sample. After one use, I noticed the redness of my skin had already started going away. I was in love with it already. After 3 days I ordered the full size online on Sephora (so I could get some free samples.) The cleanser makes your face feel so clean and fresh, it's very gentle on the skin, and has a nice scent (kind of lemon-ey.) I have been on accutane for about 6 months and it cleared my skin up quite a bit in the first few months but recently it hasn't been doing much. My skin has cleared up significantly within a week of using this cleanser and it's doing a much better job than accutane!! Personally, I don't find the price to be that bad ($42 in Canada I think.) I am so so impressed with this product and I definitely recommend it to anybody! Go get a sample at Sephora, you will love it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

My acne was horrid, I was breaking out on my cheeks, forehead, everywhere.. I've tried many products and even considered Proactiv again. However, while at Nordstrom, a lady recommended me to get the Kate Somerville Blemish Banisher Kit. Why not? I've tried so many other things. So I gave the kit a chance. In the kit, I got a mini version of the Daily Detox. I really liked it as it. It was very gentle and made my face feel so clean after. The mini cleanser lasted me about a month, so I decided to get the full cleanser. My acne has cleared a lot with just scars on my face now (which I can live with). However, the price wasn't too pretty, so I bought Acne Free cleanser (about $5) over the summer... Worst mistake. I broke out again, maybe worse that before. So I quickly bought Kate Somerville Daily Detox again, and again, my acne has cleared up with only occasional pimples during my menstruation week. Love it. Learned my lesson. I am sticking to this cleanser.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have been using this cleanser for about a week now, and I cannot get enough of it. I know that it takes a little longer for a product to really start working, but I have seen such a change in my skin already. I've gotten compliments from family and friends, even people who wouldn't notice something like my skin being clear!
I use this morning and night. I usually use my hands to apply it (when my Clarisonic charger comes in the mail, I'll start using it with that). I also have tiny face loofahs that I use with it if I feel like I need a little extra exfoliation.
It doesn't dry out my skin like a lot of gel cleansers do. Obviously, I still moisturize after using it, but my skin doesn't feel tight if I have to wait a bit before I have a chance to apply my moisturizer. It's not harsh or chemical-y, and doesn't irritate my skin. The smell is light, not overpowering, maybe a little citrusy? I was not expecting the gel to be yellow, so I was in for a shock when I first opened it!
So far, I've had a really good experience with this product.

i got this in a smaller size that came in a kit with three other things. i like this product overall. it feels good to massage the face and it sort of smells like a little bit of tea tree oil was added in it.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Didn't help with my acne and I didn't like the smell and the feeling of using this product. Will not repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've used up a whole tube of this and I like it quite a lot. I was having quite bad breakouts and this was good to keep my oils under control. It has a nice almost lemony scent which is quite pleasant. Packaging is great as you can control how much you get out of it. With using this twice a day it has lasted around 8 months. I have combo skin but I think this is a bit too drying for my skin at the moment- I think my skin needs a little more hydration. Nonetheless I think it's a great cleanser and I'm a big fan of Kate Somerville products.