Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Pencil - Black

2.9

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Made this account today just to see some honest reviews of this product because all other online reviews I saw said this pencil was the bees' knees. I was beginning to think I was going crazy but to all those on here saying this pencil is a smudgy mess thank you! I thought I was the only one walking around with raccoon eyes today. Maybe we can all meetup and dump over some garbages together lol!

In all honesty, I really wanted this pencil to be "the one." I liked how smooth it was but I couldn't even apply it without smudging it. Yes, I suck at eyeliner but give me a break. I went through a half a dozen q-tips. Maybe I have super oily eyes and should try setting it with powder like others have been saying. We'll have to wait and see I guess.

Smudgville....it was a mess on me.

To Read all 96 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was my very first eyeliner back in eighth grade and I bought it because it was cheap. It was awful, the pencil drags and it gave me raccoon eyes. Eventually I figured out I had super oily eyelids and layering primer and eyeshadow will keep me from looking like a raccoon most of the time. Honestly before that I thought maybe I wasn't meant to wear eyeliner. Recently, I bought another one of these and figured maybe I'd have better luck. I layered it over the same primer (Fergie Take on the Day) and the color icon Nutty eyeshadow that I use with my Milani and Nyx eyeliners and after a few hours, I still ended up looking like a raccoon. It's a dollar so to be honest, you get what you pay for.

on 8/19/2014 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have been pleasantly surprised by wet n wild products, they are so good yet so inexpensive. I bought this pencil to use on my waterline and it works perfectly. It glides smoothly and the color payoff is great. I have purchased other liners that are stiff and give no color payoff, you will not get that with this product. You also get a lot for what you pay for the pencil is super long, hard to travel with. I also bought this in brown as a brow pencil. Im extremely happy with my purchase and I will continue to repurchase.

on 5/11/2014 12:25:00 AM

VERY pleasantly surprised by this eyeliner again and again. I have purchased liners of all price points and find myself coming back to this. i had been using some random CG liner and got a few of these for free with coupons, and fell in love all over after all these years. goes on smooth and creamy. doesn't tug at your eyes. i love the added shimmer! lasts a long time. it is a little smudgey but will be following the tip posted below (melting it with lighter), so hopefully that helps. But for $.99 couldn't get any better!!! a no-brainer, try this eyeliner.

Have & will continue to repurchase. Have in dark brown for my brows and black for my eyes. This is cheap at .99 but I keep coming back to it. I have always found pencil liners easier for me to use and control. This brand of pencil liner was what I first used way back in middle school lol. I need to try the warming the tip trick and may revise after I do bc even with primer it doesn't last all day with oily lids but it looks so good I don't mind touching up. I will never buy an expensive eyeliner again. These are nice and long so u get a lot of product but a bit awkward to hold. I even have a few in colors like green, purple and blue when I want a more creative makeup look. Try these they are great.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I take & sharpen this pencil then I hold it over a cigarette lighter flame for a few seconds to melt the lead, let it cool for a nanosecond, then line my eyes....then it lasts just as long as its more expensive counterparts. That's the secret!! I would never wear this w/o melting the lead 1st. It makes it very black & stay a whole lot longer on ur lids esp if you have really oily lids. You do hafta sharpen this on a daily basis but there is a lot of product there esp for 99¢!!! I've been wearing these since right out of high school. This is my fave WnW product.

on 8/1/2013 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This eyeliner is average, but again, it is only 99 cents. It's extremely creamy and pigmented and glides on pretty smoothly. I like pencil liners, but I like retractable liners more because there's just no sharpening needed. The lasting power is really what gets it 3 stars. It doesn't last very long on its own, especially on the waterline. It disappears within minutes on my water line. However, if you set it with a black eyeshadow and angled brush, it does last a couple hours with minimal fading. Overall, not horrible for 99 cents, but it really doesn't last long.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I have high hopes for this eyeliner since I saw some great reviews, but this product didn't live up to its reputation. I bought two- the black and the mink brown one. The pigmentation is great for the black, but I have to reapply the mink brown twice to achieve the color that I want. The texture is a bit creamy so it's easy to apply. However, the product smudges after an hour. It's a good thing its only 99 cents, but still I could have bought another product using that money. I wouldn't buy this product again.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The Wet n Wild Color Icon Brow & Eyeliner Pencil sucks. I bought them in black & charcoal. Within an hour, the eyeliner started smudging. Not only that but it was difficult to sharpen, the eyeliner kept breaking off into the sharpener. I paid $0.99 at Wal-mart so I'm happy I didn't pay too much money on this sucky eye pencil. I used this on my upper lashline and it smudged everywhere! This is great for a brow pencil but I'm so not going to repurchase this again!

Pros:
Cheap price $0.99
Pigmented

Cons:
Smudges within an hour
Hard to sharpen
Not very creamy
Doesn't last long at all (not even for an hour)

I'm obviously not planning on repurchasing this. Next time I'm going to purchase the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil because this cheap pencil eyeliner isn't cutting it.