no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

Aug/03/2018

April Violets is a Lovely Violet Perfume..
Violet leaves
Citrus fruits
Orris
Mimosa
Peach
Sandalwood
Vanilla
Powder
April Violets is a Powdery,Dainty,Old fashioned Pretty Perfume...Smells like Violets & Spring!

3 of 3 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (408 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

Feb/03/2014

Lovely scent.. I was convinced it was going to be much sweeter (which is what I prefer) The ideal scent to me is Chowards violet candies and this one was much more green and more powdery. Its definitely a perfume that opens up after 5-10 min on the skin. Most likely you will not love it at first but be patient.... The first spray reminds me of fruity cantalopes, then it turns into a greener …Read more

3 of 3 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

Mar/25/2013

I have loved April Violets forever. This is the scent that made me fall in love with violets. I have Guerlain Insolence, but that's a very strong, heady interpretation of violets, this is springtime green violets. Amazing.

3 of 3 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (185 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

3.0

Oct/11/2011

It's too sour to me to be a good violet perfume, not warm but rather cold, green and sharp. The drydown is milder, but very faint. Lacks lasting power on the imo the essential part. I'm dissapointed. If you try to spray a lot you only get the opening lemony hairspray-ish smell...

About reviewer (58 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

1.0
from9154mf

Jul/02/2009

My mother inlaw recently allowed me to raid her fragrance cupboard and I took a whole bunch of scents Ive never heard of before and that are now dc'd (yay), including this one. Ive heard of Yardley of course but never would I have dreamt of actually wearing any of their perfumes since once when I was a young teen and I think I wore one of their stinky creations like 'Lace' or …Read more

2 of 8 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (314 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesHazel

fromYllas

Oct/23/2008

There's something special about the scent of violets. It isn't that common, really. There're plenty of rose and lily scents, but violet is sharper and more subtle. Everyone immediately thinks violets = sweet/ innocent/simple/springtime-y. Yes, but to me, the scent of violets is more complex. There's an undertone of, not sadness, but ...melancholy. Like a minor chord in …Read more

5 of 7 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other

HairBlond

Mar/13/2008

This is a beautiful fragrance for really hot weather - light, delicate and refreshing. Unfortunately I find that Yardley fragrances have very little staying power on me and in Australia at least they are quite expensive for what they are. If this had better staying power and was a touch cheaper I would rebuy it to layer with other fragrances.

0 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (816 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

frommaxtoo

Jul/12/2007

Yardley April Violets-A lively ,demi-sec, carbonated violet that bubbles addictively around ones senses. Think of spring days and freshly pressed linen or where the violet flower has been placed in a box which previously held cranberry fudge-Not overly confectionary but like a naturally sweet plum or peach. I feel forever bound to this one.

3 of 5 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination

Feb/13/2007

Surprisingly long lasting considering the simple, fragile scent. It's a sweet violet scent without being to candy-like, and it has some base notes (vanilla? amber?) that gives it a bit of depth.
I love love love the bottle! Reminds me of a 1930s beauty parlour.

1 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

Jan/23/2007

My mother wore this, and passed a bottle along to me. I always feel cool and refreshed when I put this on, and smell divine. It really does capture the scent of violets in spring. This is not a complex fragrance, and that's alright with me!

About reviewer (318 reviews)

SkinNormal