NARS Risky Business

4.8

on 9/30/2015 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my favorite NARS lip gloss so far. The Orgasm gloss barely shows up on me and wears off quickly. This shade has more pigment and is a beautiful universally flattering pink/brown shimmer and seems to last longer than some of the other NARS gloss shades. I used to love Rose Sugar gloss in Bobbi Brown but it was too sticky. This is a bit warmer than that but not sticky. It's very smooth on the lips with good color payoff. I also love the name because it's easy to remember; I just imagine I'm kissing Tom Cruise, after his parents go out of town but before he turns the place into a brothel. The only con is that this lip gloss is a bit expensive at $26 for 0.18 ounces.

Ingredients

Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Simmondsia Chinensis [Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil], Octyldodecanol, Ricinus Communis [Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil], Cera Carnauba [Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax], Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Oryza Sativa [Oryza Sativa (Rice) Lipids], Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Hydrogenated Polycyclopentadiene, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, Silica, Tocopherol, Acacia Decurrens/Jojoba/Sunflower Seed Wax/Polyglyceryl-3 Esters, Sorbitan Isostearate, Portulaca Pilosa (Portulaca Pilosa Extract), Alaria Esculenta (Alaria Esculenta Extract), Sucrose Cocoate, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38, [+/- (May Contain): Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 15850 (Red 6), CI 15850 (Red 7 Lake), CI 45410 (Red 28 Lake), CI 73360 (Red 30 Lake), CI 17200 (Red 33 Lake), CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride)].

on 11/12/2012 10:21:00 PM

This was my first NARS purchase. Like many of you have said, this is a beautiful MLBB rose shade. I love the smooth texture and incredible shine. I think this gloss would flatter most women and go with almost anything!

To Read all 23 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This lip gloss is great for girls with pigmented lips. The color truly shows up on your lips and it's very smooth and creamy. I love how long lasting it is!

on 9/9/2010 9:24:00 AM

As much of a NARS fan as I am, I've always felt kinda "meh" about their lip products. I found their lipsticks went rancid or got really dry and icky quickly. And their lipgloss color range has always been boring to me...all very neutral, sometimes sheer, office safe kinda colors that all ended up looking the same on my fairly pigmented lips. Anyhow, I got this in a set of 3 mini glosses and now I'm smitten and NEED the full size once my mini runs out. The color enhances my natural lip color to a gorgeous healthy flush, without making my lips look too boldly red. It also has a gorgeous shimmer (not over the top though) to it which makes my lips look plush and full. As for the texture, these glosses are moisturizing, not sticky at all and give my lips a nice glossy yet natural, just licked sheen. I think I need more NARS glosses now!!!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

HG lip gloss. I normally turn to MAC for my lippies, but this one caught my eye at Sephora and I haven't looked back! Its the ultimate pinky-brown MLBB for me. The texture is beautifully smooth and the wear is great for a gloss. I don't mind that it has no scent to it, and I like the feel of the packaging. There's not much I don't love about this gloss, actually!

overall , seems to be a nice graduation from sticky thick lipglosses ( i tried lancome juicy tubes...way too thick for me ) and a really nice color that compliments my dark lips!!
love love love

edit: i bought this last year and it's still going strong ! so i guess even though it's expensive for a gloss it won't run out so fast .. but i must confess i don't use it everyday .

on 3/5/2010 10:10:00 AM

NARS..is my fav .I started off with Fast ride lipstick and there has been no looking back.Although I love makeup,unfortunately I am not a pro at it :(
I am a NC 44 and I have found it difficult to get that right shade of lipstick which would make my complexion pop.However ,I must add that NARS has been a saviour.I truly recommend this shade of lipgloss.I also got Gothika and it looked really pretty too.

on 10/16/2009 11:26:00 PM

Classic, polished, simply beautiful color. Love the texture. Can't decide between this and Gothika.

on 2/14/2009 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Beautiful mlbb colour, but my lips with slight shimmer. Not a particulary unique colour, but it's a pretty colour nonetheless.

on 2/5/2009 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

This is gloss is nice. It isn't great but it is nice. It reminds alot of Sparks from Chanel which I already own. My lips are naturally pretty pink too so for me this isn't MLBB shade because it makes them pretty reddish. I do like it though. Honestly, I really perfer Pillow Talk to Risky Business. Pillow Talk is my HG. I would rebuy though because it is a nice shade.