Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil in Bourbon

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil in Bourbon
UD & L'Oreal Eyeliners

4.1

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This eyeliner was a disappointment. I LOVE the color, and the staying power is good. But, the pencil is super soft and hard to sharpen to a point. I feel like I've gone through so much of it already, and most of it is because it has been sharpened into the trash!! It's hard to get it to go on smoothly. For the price, there are much better products.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is the perfect shade to sport with my neutral eye looks and smokey brown eye looks. Its super soft without being messy if I need to apply on my waterline. And applying on the lid doesnt involve any tugging which is something I deal with from other liners. As far as wear time....its definitely not 24 hour time and I do experience some fading after 4 hours but I do appreciate it being easy to remove without it turning into a huge production.

on 3/10/2016 4:59:00 PM

Essence Long Lasting Eyeliner in Hot Scorch is a good dupe. Plus it's mechanical. And for $5?
I'm on my second tube of it after finishing UD Bourbon.

This eyeliner colour is perfect for black/dark brown eyes. I imagine if you have green/blue eyes it would look beautiful also. I get so many compliments with this colour, it's amazing! Only con with UD is that you must sharpen the pencil - a lot of product wasted.

on 10/16/2014 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

First things first, this color with it's glitter effect is a must for brown eyes! Warm medium-dark brown with glitter. Brings out my almost black, brown eyes. But, just like it's non glitter sibling, whiskey, the longevity is very disappointing. Smudges, transfers, and fades. The texture is ok, almost too creamy for me. I would put up with the texture is the wear of this was better.

This is a great wearable, everyday shade that will work so nicely with all the different eye colors or complexions.

Formula is impeccable, glides on, stays put - easy to blend when you have just applied it. I guess these pencils have enough of a "playtime" before they set.

You can also use an eye primer underneath for a better longevity, but overall Urban Decay nailed it with their eye pencils!

If you fancy a review on more shades and generally this range as a whole, you can check the blogpost below. Hope it helps!

Because I'm pretty fair, with blue eyes and platinum blonde hair I tend to stay away from very dark eye colors, black is way too harsh unless I'm doing a full 50's retro look. This eyeliner is a shimmery brown, it's perfect for me. Formula is great, creamy and smooth and doesn't tug. I always use UD Primer Portion so never have any smudging or transfer issues. Have repurchased over and over and will continue to do so.

on 1/28/2014 6:59:00 PM

I LOVE this eyeliner! It's my everyday liner, no joke. I hate spending extra time on my eye makeup so I just put this on my upper lashline and I'm out the door. This lovely medium brown shade with tiny little gold shimmers complements my brown eyes very well, and I've inadverdently converted quite a few people around me to buy it as well.

I've repurchased this liner probably more than 10 times by now. It's expensive (CAD $23) but it's well worth it for me because I have serious trouble with liners smudging, and this one doesn't make me look like a panda by the end of the day. Sometimes when I wear it for over 10-12 hours, it smudges a little bit, but since the colour is so light it is barely noticable. This shade is the only one in the whole UD 24/7 line that doesn't smudge on me. ALL the other ones do, which is strange.

I don't remember when I discovered this liner, but it was by accident, and it must have been a few years now. LOVE THIS! If you feel that black liner is too harsh on your complexion, give this a try. It's super creamy, pigmented, and easy to apply. You won't regret it!

I'm a big fan of UD eyeliners because of the color range and easy application. They all glide on smoothly without tugging or applying a lot of pressure. It's a bronze color with golden glitter for sure! The glitter can be overpowering for some as the flecks are quite large, so it's not so much of a shimmer as I would have liked. It does look good against my blue eyes though. Compared to other UD eyeliners, this one for some reason doesn't have the same lasting power.

on 1/2/2014 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

i love these eyeliners! it's so great. very pigmented. the color is a beautiful brown with golden shimmer. this is perfect if you have a golden or a brown eye look that you want to stand out more. i love putting this on my lower lashline to not only define my eyes, but make my makeup look complete. recommend to everyone!

I've said it before but I'll repeat myself lol These make for a BEAUTIFUL cut crease look! I prime my lids with UDPP, then use a light matte shadow all over the lid...draw the line on where I want the crease to be, then smudge and feather it with a smudger brush. OMG it looks amazing!!! There are YouTube videos on how to do the cut crease. Y'all should check them out. I get tons of compliments when I wear this look. The 24/7 doesn't budge all day! LOVE!!!!