Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil in Bourbon

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil in Bourbon
UD & L'Oreal Eyeliners

4.1

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Because I'm pretty fair, with blue eyes and platinum blonde hair I tend to stay away from very dark eye colors, black is way too harsh unless I'm doing a full 50's retro look. This eyeliner is a shimmery brown, it's perfect for me. Formula is great, creamy and smooth and doesn't tug. I always use UD Primer Portion so never have any smudging or transfer issues. Have repurchased over and over and will continue to do so.

on 3/10/2016 4:59:00 PM

Essence Long Lasting Eyeliner in Hot Scorch is a good dupe. Plus it's mechanical. And for $5?
I'm on my second tube of it after finishing UD Bourbon.

This eyeliner colour is perfect for black/dark brown eyes. I imagine if you have green/blue eyes it would look beautiful also. I get so many compliments with this colour, it's amazing! Only con with UD is that you must sharpen the pencil - a lot of product wasted.

To Read all 255 Reviews, Login or Join

This is a great wearable, everyday shade that will work so nicely with all the different eye colors or complexions.

Formula is impeccable, glides on, stays put - easy to blend when you have just applied it. I guess these pencils have enough of a "playtime" before they set.

You can also use an eye primer underneath for a better longevity, but overall Urban Decay nailed it with their eye pencils!

If you fancy a review on more shades and generally this range as a whole, you can check the blogpost below. Hope it helps!

on 10/16/2014 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

First things first, this color with it's glitter effect is a must for brown eyes! Warm medium-dark brown with glitter. Brings out my almost black, brown eyes. But, just like it's non glitter sibling, whiskey, the longevity is very disappointing. Smudges, transfers, and fades. The texture is ok, almost too creamy for me. I would put up with the texture is the wear of this was better.

on 1/28/2014 6:59:00 PM

I LOVE this eyeliner! It's my everyday liner, no joke. I hate spending extra time on my eye makeup so I just put this on my upper lashline and I'm out the door. This lovely medium brown shade with tiny little gold shimmers complements my brown eyes very well, and I've inadverdently converted quite a few people around me to buy it as well.

I've repurchased this liner probably more than 10 times by now. It's expensive (CAD $23) but it's well worth it for me because I have serious trouble with liners smudging, and this one doesn't make me look like a panda by the end of the day. Sometimes when I wear it for over 10-12 hours, it smudges a little bit, but since the colour is so light it is barely noticable. This shade is the only one in the whole UD 24/7 line that doesn't smudge on me. ALL the other ones do, which is strange.

I don't remember when I discovered this liner, but it was by accident, and it must have been a few years now. LOVE THIS! If you feel that black liner is too harsh on your complexion, give this a try. It's super creamy, pigmented, and easy to apply. You won't regret it!

on 1/2/2014 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

i love these eyeliners! it's so great. very pigmented. the color is a beautiful brown with golden shimmer. this is perfect if you have a golden or a brown eye look that you want to stand out more. i love putting this on my lower lashline to not only define my eyes, but make my makeup look complete. recommend to everyone!

I'm a big fan of UD eyeliners because of the color range and easy application. They all glide on smoothly without tugging or applying a lot of pressure. It's a bronze color with golden glitter for sure! The glitter can be overpowering for some as the flecks are quite large, so it's not so much of a shimmer as I would have liked. It does look good against my blue eyes though. Compared to other UD eyeliners, this one for some reason doesn't have the same lasting power.

I've said it before but I'll repeat myself lol These make for a BEAUTIFUL cut crease look! I prime my lids with UDPP, then use a light matte shadow all over the lid...draw the line on where I want the crease to be, then smudge and feather it with a smudger brush. OMG it looks amazing!!! There are YouTube videos on how to do the cut crease. Y'all should check them out. I get tons of compliments when I wear this look. The 24/7 doesn't budge all day! LOVE!!!!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

***Click "Continued" to see photos***

UD's website describes this as "brown with teeny gold glitter", very spot on. What I'd add is that it's very much a neutral brown without too much warm red or cool grey, looks like a Kit Kat bar with visible, individual specks of tiny glitter (as opposed to evenly distributed shimmer). The glitter does NOT budge easily and migrate all over your face as the average glitter tends to do. This lasts forever, in fact it takes almost half a minute of rubbing with oil-based makeup remover for me to get everything off (especially the glitter).

Setting time is about 15 seconds, meaning right after application, you have time to clean off the edges with a Q-tip, but once it sets, this will prove challenging so stay focused while using this, it means business!

Below are swatches compared to other neutral 24/7 liners, under 2 different angles of lighting.

continued >>

on 10/17/2013 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Nice colour but very smudgy. So disappointed as I have this pencil in black and it stays in place much better than this colour. Switched to a Rimmell pencil at less than 1/2 the price, double the wear time and beautiful brown colour. Check it out!