Joey New York Pure Pores Cleansing Gel with Vitamin C

4.4

So, I have to brag that I got this at Marshall's for $7.99, along with other Joey facial products (which were ALL $7.99). Is it worth $7.99? YES! It's what I have to say, the best facial cleanser I've ever used. It completely washes away all the dirt and grit from your face, including makeup. It leaves your skin completely smooth, without overdrying. The cleanser is so pure and simple and it lathers really nicely. I use this in the morning to wash away the oil that builds up overnight while you're sleeping. The Pure Pores Moisturizer pairs along with this cleanser and it's also another fabulous product. At night, I use the Egg Cream Cleanser by Joey before I go to sleep (another amazing facial cleanser). I believe Joey makes one of the best facial cleansers and moisturizers.

This is a 'FANTASTIC' cleanser!! I have been using it for a month now and have noticed that my face is alot clearer, softer, etc than usual plus i find that i have no makeup residue afterwards. It has helped get rid of the pimples which used to constantly show up around my chin area and i find that black/white heads are less visible and it somehow miraculously doesnt dry out my skin like most other cleansers ive tried so i would definitely recommend this one:))

I purchased this at Marshalls for 8 dollars and I've been using it consistently for the past week. Please know that I don't use any cleanser consistently because I'm constantly trying new products. This cleanser put an end to that. For this to have glycolic, lactic, and salicylic acid among the ingredients and not dry my skin out is a miracle. I can use this twice a day with no dryness or irritation afterwards. The little beads help to get rid of dead skin cells and that helps make my face feel softer and smoother. I like this cleanser. I really do. I should have got two!!! :)

I've been using this product for over a month now, and it looks like it will last quite a long time. I like this product because it contains my MUST HAVE essential ingredients that I look for in an effective cleanser: glycolic acid, lactic acid, salycic acid, and jajoba oil. BUT what I think what this product lacks that Murad AHA/BHA exfoliating cleanser has is that exfoliating factor. This product is very smooth, but the Murad has a dual effect action of exfoliating while you cleanse because of the jajoba beads. But I like the price of Joey New York much better though. Joey gives you 8 oz. for $27 and Murad is 6.75 oz. for $33. Murad is my favorite cleanser and Joey is my second favorite. I'll probably alternate between the two.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love this cleanser, but gave it only 4 lippies because of the price. There are few cleansers that combine lactic, glycolic and salicylic together. The little scrubbies are nice, and so is the scent. The jojoba helps to keep this from being too drying. I have oily and acne-prone skin, and this has been a staple for a while now. I have tried Murad, Peter Thomas Roth, etc. and keep coming back to this. I use this in the shower in the morning, and then at night use Clean and Clear Sensitive formula for removing make-up. It is dirt cheap, so helps to offset the Joey price tag. If you need a good AHA/BHA cleanser that is not at all harsh, I highly recommend this product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I liked this cleanser. It has just enough to clear the oil, and make you feel clean, but doesn't strip. The little exfoliaters in the soap are nice, even if they don't do anything. Can't say for sure. It rinses clean and smells pretty good. But I didn't love it, and probably wouldn't repurchase.

This cleanser is doing the job and then some. It has just the right combination of ingredients to get your face clean-clean-clean - lactic, glycolic, and salicylic acids. Sounds harsh, but it isn't irritating. This formula would probably be good enough just like that, but there's also something in here that feels like baking powder scrubbies that leaves your skin energized and probably boosts the action of the above ingredients. (I don't like scrubs because I think the aggravate skin problems, but I trust this feel of this stuff and it hasn't failed me yet). I'm a "thirty-something" and still prone to break outs, but I think this product would be great for all ages and skin types. It's non-drying and primes you for whatever you put on next. I squeeze a nickle-sized amount out of the bottle (it's a white perlized gel), massage on dry skin, then add a bit of water to form a tingly lather. After the easy rinse off, I follow this up with Alpha Hydrox's new AHA Souffle. I'll write a separate review on that rather than go on about it here, but after trying a lot of expensive potions, I finally feel like I've hit on the right combination that's simple and not expensive. Follow up with sunscreen or an SPF foundation and you're out the door. In sum, I dig this cleanser big time -- I look forward to washing my face even at night in the dead of winter when I absolutely dread going near the water tap and getting wet. To me, it's worth every penny (about 24$). It lasts a good 3-4 months, but it's hard to find when you need it as sells out frequently on drugstore.com. As for the scent that some reviews have mentioned, it IS old fashioned, and not my favorite part of the product, but I am soooooo willing to overlook this minor detail because of the results. A final note on the packaging. It's in a white unobtrusive bottle with a push open/closed tilt up cap -- very convenient to use.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

WOW!!! I love this cleanser! It totally cleared my face, smells refreshing, and is not drying. The tiny scrubbies are an added bonus. I am so glad I tried this out and decided to fork over the money for it. Try this, you won't regret it. I will definitely be repurchasing.
Edit: I just got a new bottle of this, and the batch was obviously different b/c THIS bottle has that nasty old fashioned smell i'd heard about. I think this was the old smell, and newer batches have the refreshing orange subtle smell. NOT a fan of this new bottle, very overpowering fragrance, the smell even lingers after rinsing. There IS an added frangrance, though the ingredients list says nothing about it.
Okay, I bought another bottle of this, and yet again it smells different and has a different texture. It's all very strange. I don't see how it could vary that much! But...I still like it even if it does smell like perfume crap

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Bought this in hopes that it would help with my dry/oily/ combo skin in the height of summer humidity of Chicago. I must say I like it. Need to find a toner to use with it, previously used Aveda face wash and for some reason I started breaking out like cr@zy???

I got a trial size of this hoping that it would unclog my pores and I must say that I really do see a difference on the days I use this cleanser. Will buy a full size when this runs out. Has a nice refreshing smell too.