no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

13 years ago

I use this over the under base primer from Shu (my HG). It goes on light, yet is buildable. I hate the bottle, there is this odd spatula thing attached to the cap which works great to put it on a sponge until you get down to 1/3 left in the bottle. I was going to buy it again but was sent the water perfect foundation by accident. Will be trying that next and will adjust my review after.

About reviewer (85 reviews)

SkinOther

HairOther

EyesOther

13 years ago

This is my HG foundation. I have extremely sensitive skin and this is the only thing that gives me the look I want (very natural) without irritation!! Looks especially great in the summer. Love it!! In the winter I found that if I mix this with a little Nobara I get the coverage I want but my skin is still happy. Never used anything that felt this good, I actually don't feel like I'm wearing anything at all.

About reviewer (48 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOther

HairOther

EyesOther

2.0

14 years ago

Looks good for a while but it makes my skin very oily and seems to increase the oiliness which does nothing to keep me from breaking out.

About reviewer (40 reviews)

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

15 years ago

I just bought a Fluid "S" on ebay. I know what shade I wear in the water-in fluid foundation, but wasn't sure how that would translate to the "S" line. ** Color wasn't a match for my skin, I bought one of the darker colors and it's still too fair for my fair/med skin. That said, this would be a great product if I were to find the right color. Now that it's winter, I like the water-in fluid better for my dry skin. I second reviewer who said it's like liquid skin: your skin, only even-toned and smooth--Calomine lotion smell notwithstanding. I asked Shu for color guidance and rec'd this answer:<p> All Foundation shades are comparable to each other and range from 300 to 900 on a scale of yellow to red hues. Depending upon your desired effect, you would choose either a match of your skin tone, or a shade more red or yellow to achieve the desired complexion. 300’s have a red/pink undertone, 700’s have a slight yellow base, and 900’s have the most yellow undertone. 500’s are the neutral family. The next number values refer to the light to dark factor. The higher the number, the lighter the shade in the YR range and vice versa.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

EyesHazel

16 years ago

This is very,very sheer.It has a lovely,silky texture and will slightly even your skin tone, but don't expect any coverage or "hiding" for it is not going to do that! It is just a simple,basic coating for skin to even it, and for your blush, luminizer,powder,etc. to cling to-that's it. When I am having a "great skin" day, or just want a very light natural look-I reach for this. That's not every day- though-and this is only for folks who already have great skin and little to hide!

About reviewer (66 reviews)

Age44-55

HairBlond

16 years ago

Very light and sheer foundation with a funky smell. spread easily and provides a natural coverage. face doesn't look cakey. Will buy it again if they have the right shades for my skin. I have olive Asian skin and none of the shades seem to blend that well with my natural skin tone.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

HairBlack

17 years ago

Too sheer and doesn't last. Good for those who want minimum coverage. The worst thing about this product is its bottle. There's a 'spatula' attached to the cap and you're supposed to spoon the appropriate amount for use every time. However, I couldn't get a significant portion of the content out where the spatula can't reach. in short, it's frustrating to spend so much on a small bottle to learn that you can't get the last bit out.

About reviewer (61 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

17 years ago

I am an Asian but I dun have problem to find a right colour since my skin is somehow pinky. Shu Uemura has many shades available. But some are too dark and some are too light and they are all of tones, very weird. Some are too yellowish for me and the shade the lady picked for me, is not the best. I look like I have no make up and there's no brightening effect. Therefore, I turn to Bobbi Brown. But I agree this one is much more sheer and thinner. Nevertheless, it has some weird smell that I really don't like. Anyway, I won't buy it.

About reviewer (457 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

17 years ago

I tried this foundation hoping it would be a better shade for my asian skin tone. Once I applied the foundation and looked at my face under the sunlight, I looked like I had no makeup on. However, it did seem to brighten up my face a little and it felt really fresh, light and soft. IMO I think this foundation is better suited for those with flawless skin and don't want any coverage.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other

17 years ago

Absolutely love this foundation. The MA at the store I bought it at called it "liquid skin" and that is the best way of describing it. It gives sheer coverage, but still manages to cover up flaws, smooth pores and make them smaller in appearance, all while imparting a gorgeous glow to the skin. If you feel like you need a touch more coverage, I tried blending it with my Nobara cream foundation and found it was amazing. Keep in mind that this is a foundation meant for people with pretty good skin, but want some evening and polish to their skin.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

SkinNormal