Boots Traditional Skincare Range Glycerin and Rose Water

Aqua, Glycerin, Isopropyl alcohol, Boric Acid, Methylparaben, Parfum, Eugenia caryophyllus.

I love the packaging and price of this product! It leaves my skin as soft as if I've used a mask on it. I use it at night as I do find it a bit greasy/sticky. I love the softness it gives when i wake up the morning after using it the night before but wish it didn't leave behind a sticky residue!

on 11/7/2015 6:45:00 PM

This is great, I use either as a skin freshner in the morning or as a toner after I remove make up. cute packaging and really nice traditional smell,plus for €4 you can't go wrong if you can manage to get in your store always sold out here.

To Read all 20 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Well, I've been using this for the past week, and my skin is so soft! Moisturiser sinks in better, and I am glowy, and the fine lines are smoother and less apparent, probably due to my skin not being so dry! I used this last night 30 minutes before I applied my tretinoin, and this morning my skin looks great, so I will monitor this to see if it helps to beat the flakiness and occassional sensitive skin from using tretinoin.
I was doing the double cleanse with face cloth, aka Caroline Hirons, in an evening, but was just finding skin getting drier, fine lines slightly worse, and especially around the eyes, more sensitive skin, so probably was over doing the cleansing (along with using tretinoin). I have cut back to the one good cleanse with cleansing balm and face cloth, then use a mild Glycolic toner, then this toner, and my skin is much improved, looking refreshed and plumped up, and no flakiness (yet).
Big thumbs up from me, and it is so cheap too.
I will come back if I think it affects any acne, but at the moment, all seems good.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

After a 2 year battle with dehydrated, flaking, sore, and generally just tired skin, I was beginning to think that nothing would give me the smooth, supple skin I craved.

I tried loads of high end moisturisers to try and offset the flakiness, but they'd just sit on top of my face like a layer of slime, they just wouldn't sink in. High end and drugstore toners would strip my sensitive face within an inch of its life.

Eventually I saw this on the bottom shelf at Boots. The amazingly simple list of ingredients impressed me after I'd spent ages trawling through what was bad or good for me in the others. So glad I bought this, is fantastic stuff.

It's managed to do everything in 2 weeks that I've wanted for 2 years. It's removed some hard, scaly sun damage I had on one cheek, it's stripped away my flaky sore patches, softened my skin, tightened my pores, allowed my moisturisers to sink in as they should, evened out my skin tone, and some nights I even go without moisturiser because its just so softening on its own.

I truly love this. The price is incredible, the benefits for my dry sensitive skin are endless, and I feel loads more confident about myself. It even smells lovely. What's not to like?!

I saw the lovely traditional packaging on this product and i just had to buy it. it was something like 3 euro in boots and it is so amazing for the price. i always feel that toner is a bit of a gimick and i rarely find a toner that benefits and does good things for my skin. This product has a light rosewater fragrance but not at all over powering. i have extremly sentistive skin and this toner was moisturising and soothing. since i began using this product my skin looks more glowy and it has actually help clear up some spots. this has a very similar effect to the liz earle instant boost toner so if you are looking for a cheaper alternative to that i recommened this as they are very alike!
will definately buy this again! :)

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I use the 'Traditional' variant and I love it. As mentioned below, the price is excellent. I'm also a fan of the bottle as it is light, doesn't break, and the little opening is small and the cap doesn't leak, so you can take it on (non-flying, as it's a large bottle) holidays.

After cleansing my face at night I use this product instead of a moisturiser. It does leave a sticky residue but I prefer it to a nighttime moisturiser, which I feel is too heavy. When I wake up in the morning my face is smooth and soft. I love the light rose scent as well. Do note that I have no major skin problems other than dryness.

All in all this gives me lovely skin and makes me feel fresh and frugal. I might try the one in the glass bottle once I run out of this, but it's definitely on my stuff that can is worthy of re-buying list.

on 4/4/2012 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this product. I've been using it for years.
This stuff is brilliant. It takes away any cold cream residue I've missed and helps reduce redness but it is is gentle and doesn't dry out my skin.
I also use it in a tiny spritz bottle to dampen brushes to apply eyeshadow wet and just to lightly spritz my face if I'm getting oily in the summer.

The bottle is a bit cheap and old fashioned looking but it holds lots, lasts ages and is a really good product for the money.
I've tried the boots organic one, and it is also very good but I think this one is less drying and it's half the price for a bigger bottle!

on 9/17/2011 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

This product is rubbish. I bought it as i thought the packaging was quite cute and it was less than 3, i usually buy 'Simple' toner and i think thats great but i just fancied giving this one a go, wish i hadnt have bothered. It smells really strong although it is a nice smell, the texture feels greasy rather than watery and cleansing and i found that it left my skin feeling really sticky and greasy not just to the touch but my skin looked visibly greasy and it felt almost clogged by the product. I used this for a week straight to see if it was just my skin trying to adjust to a new product but there has been no imporvement. I definitely would not buy this again or recommend it to anyone, at least i didnt waste much money!

I love this stuff. I have this, the cleanser and moisturiser. I used to have a ton of spots and when I started using this my skin improved and now I'm almost spot free. It was on the bottom shelf so I didn't see it until my mum pointed it out. It's a nice big bottle too. Don't use too much though, because it can feel a little sticky.
I'm so glad to have found my skincare routine :) Highly recommend it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a very nice, gentle toner that smells lovely. It works well to remove the residue left by the very poor cold cream in this line. At less than 3 quid, it's quite inexpensive. The old-fashioned packaging is cute as well.