Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers SPF 30

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers SPF 30
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers - it sucks!Neutrogena Glow Sheers in Medium to Tan 40

3.2

Active Ingredients: Homosalate (5%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (5%), Oxybenzone (2%), Titanium Dioxide (2.9%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Phenyltrimethicone, Cetyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Silica, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Barium Sulfate, Pantothenic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Squalane, Bisabolol Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Polysorbate 60, PEG 12, Dimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate, Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sobic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

my holy grail. hate looking like i have foundation on,and this just looks like my skin is healthy and luminous on its own!!!!!
i just love love love it all the way around!

on 9/8/2014 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I am anal about making my skin look as near perfect as possible. I don't have amazing skin - good sometimes, but not amazing. When my skin is blemish-free, I LOVE how this looks right after I apply it and top it off with light powder. Dewy, even, clean, like I just got a facial. Light-medium is a perfect match for my hard to match olive NC25-30 skin. More product, darker color. The next darker shade is reddish - not yellow based as light-medium. I've gone through a couple tubes of these - used to mix my own shades for my ever-changing skin tone....BUT it leaves my oily skin too shiny, even with Neutrogena Healthy Skin pressed powder over it.

PROS: Very natural looking, extremely light coverage, has SPF, perfect match for NC25-30, no shiny flecks, squishy tube is great for travel.
CONS: Too sheer for my skin that has slight discoloration and occasional acne, stings my eyes if it gets too close, makes my face so dewy it looks wet.
I started using this when a makeup artist told me that as we age, less heavy makeup really looks better and fresher, and it is so true. I had been using MAC Studio Fix for years and wanted a change to something more natural looking. I've found that Sonia Kashuk Perfecting Luminous Foundation has a bit more coverage than this, but is very natural looking with light coverage. I've been using that predominantly for years now. But on occasion I return to this Neutrogena - maybe for a weekend at home when I don't want to be totally naked faced. I wish my skin was great so I wouldn't need any foundation! This is worth trying if you have great skin that's normal to dry.
EDIT: Just gave this 2 more lippies cuz I've been wearing it for a few days and today a total stranger told me I have beautiful skin - that never happens! I think the trick is to apply with a kabuki brush...my skin looks even all day and not overly shiny - yeah!

on 3/27/2013 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Did anyone else notice glitter pieces? Its not packed with a crap ton of them, but they are definitely there and show up on the skin - gold flakes! I do not like that. My heart sunk as i was surveying the results of this product on my skin. =( On darker skin, like mine, glitter is incredibly OBVIOUS. I dont understand why companies do this. It does nothing to enhance the look and can even be a bit embarrassing >.<

That said ... I'm not going to return it. I'm hoping the antioxidant and spf benefits will outweight the disaster that is gold flakage. I love how this sinks into the skin, leaves a very nice "glowy" (not greasy) finish, and evens out my skin tone. The color I got was Medium to Tan and it works very well for my weird olive/yellow/brown skin.
Definitely still require concealer in strategic areas if you've got active breakouts or really bad scars. I think it would make a good primer for my favorite cream foundation. The real reason to buy this is for the evening out of skin color, antioxidants, and spf. I am relatively pleased.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Great product, for dry skin. Feels light, silky, and moisturizing. It gives a light coverage. Perfect for people who don't like heavy foundations. Sadly I have oily skin and it only looked good on my for a few minutes. After that it looked like I put olive oil on my face. Great product, just the wrong skin type:(

on 8/17/2012 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I wanted to love this stuff, but it just didn't live up to my expectations. I love that it has spf 30, but it just doesn't look great on and is undetectable after about 2 hours. If you want a better tinted moisturizer that also has spf 30, I recommend a BB cream (I love Maybelline's BB.)

on 3/6/2012 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

This product was just okay for me. It is a decent moisturizing foundation, so I used it on days when my skin is a bit dry. But they are not kidding about the sheerness of it; make sure you have a concealer for problem spots. Also I use a powder over it because it does make your skin dewy. I'm not so sure about the "glow" aspect of this; perhaps the dewiness is the glow. A positive thing about it is how high the SPF is, and it is not comedogenic.. Overall, this would be good for those with generally dry skin who don't need a lot of coverage.

on 1/8/2012 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Honestly I love all Neutrogena skin products and heavily rotate them in my routine (Healthy Skin Enhancer, Healthy Eyes Brightening Concealer, 3 In 1 Conceal For Eyes, etc) and this is the least liked product by Neutrogena I have tried. The way I got this to work for me is use this half and half with a medium to full coverage foundation, something lighter than my shade since the color of the glow sheers i got is a little orange and tan for me. Ill use this one up but won't buy it again

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I got this product thinking I would try a tinted moisturizer instead of my usual mineral makeup. I liked it, at first. It blended really well and matched my skin tone, it covered decently too, and nobody could tell I was wearing makeup it looked so natural. But the next day I got a pimple and a couple white heads, and I though, maybe I am just having a random break out I'll try it one more time. Bad idea, I broke out with more whiteheads. Too bad, it would have been a wonderful product... But now I am just totally bummed because I am broken out...

on 4/25/2009 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This product disappointing. It felt and looked greasy on my skin and there is just way too much glitter! The colour wasn't even right! :(
I would not buy this again!

on 4/22/2007 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I agree with "paletangirl" below. This is one of the best foundations I have tried in a long time. I usually wear Everyday minerals but wanted to try a liquid again. This foundation feels very luxurious and silky yet is oil-free. The coverage is pretty sheer but enough for days when you want to be natural, and the dewiness or glow blurs imperfections beautifuly so that you may not need heavier coverage. You can layer a bit of mineral foundation over it for more coverage. The glow is subtle and totally appropriate on my 40 something skin. And I do not have great skin! The spf is fabulous and I am impressed with the color match. I like that Neutrogena often has more yellow in their bases - it is more natural and flattering. I have a hard time matching foundation to my skin tone and the light to medium was perfect. I have light to medium olive skin with some redness. I think these run a bit darker than you would expect. Although this is a sheer foundation, it seems to even out skin tone and blur imperfections without excessive coverage which is an amazing feat IMO!! I used to love Neutrogena's Healthy Defense Sheer foundation which was very similar and it was discontinued. This may be its reincarnation and I am thrilled! Fabulous product and value!