Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers SPF 30

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers SPF 30
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers - it sucks!Neutrogena Glow Sheers in Medium to Tan 40

3.1

Active Ingredients: Homosalate (5%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (5%), Oxybenzone (2%), Titanium Dioxide (2.9%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Phenyltrimethicone, Cetyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Silica, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Barium Sulfate, Pantothenic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Squalane, Bisabolol Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Polysorbate 60, PEG 12, Dimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate, Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sobic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide

on 8/28/2014 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is a tinted moisturizer without any coverage. It gives a very, very sheer light color to skin. Although the color matched well, it did not blend evenly onto my skin. I tried using fingers and damp sponge. Nothing worked. I would give it a plus for being exactly what it advertised "lightweight illuminating tinted moisurizer" but the inability to blend it evenly was a big negative.

This is my go-to summer foundation. It's pretty sheer and doesn't feel heavy plus it gives my face a nice glow without being too dewy looking. The SPF is great too! I have tried using this in the winter months, but it's the wrong tone when my slightly yellow toned skin is a bit pale. I can't really explain it, it just looks off. Overall, this is a great lightweight foundation and I'll be repurchasing for this summer.

on 1/23/2014 1:07:00 AM

I usually come on here just to look up products but I thought this deserved my first own review just because I see so many negative thoughts on this product. I've tried a few bb creams and tinted moisturizers. This is by far my fav! It really does give you a glow. I use it as an everyday look with some concealer, especially when I don't feel like wearing foundation. It gives me a nice dewy finish. I'm an nc42 in Mac and u bought this in light to medium. I just love it. !!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was just looking for a regular tinted moisturizer/bb cream since the one I usually get was out of stock. This went above and beyond my expectations! It covers soo nicely for a tinted moisturizer and matches my skin very well. Also I'm less greasy with this product than the other product I normally use. Maybe this is a newer version of this product because I don't understand all the bad reviews. I am a medium skin tone and the shade light-medium 30 worked perfectly for me. Also the name of this product is healthy skin glow sheers illuminating tinted moisturizer. Hope this helps!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I don't get how this product even has the word moisturizer in name! It dried out my skin so much that I had to take it off immediately because that's how tight my skin felt! It barely covers anything but of course that's to be expected because it's just tinted; it's not a full on foundation. However if you have dry skin this isn't anything for you to use. Even if you moisturize before putting it on it's going to dry you out so there's no point. Eight dollars of my life that I'll never get back. Never use again!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I purchased Light to Medium at CVS at 50% off, only $5! very cheap!
If your skin is combination/oily like mine, I would not recommend this product. As soon as I applied it..Whoa, was i shiny! It claims to be not greasy, which didnt meet that expectation. Coverage is very sheer as stated. this may be suitable for people with dry skin.

The good; SPF 30, feels lightweight and affordable.

I didnt want it to go to waste so i tried patting it over a matte foundation of mine which did look very nice.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Wow..surprised at all the bad reviews for this product.
I recently switched from colorstay to this and love it.
I was looking for something lighter and more natural looking.
I have this in Light # 25 and it blends perfectly into my hard to match skin.

I suggest that you get a color lighter then you normally would as this line seems to run a little dark.
As far as coverage goes as the bottle says it's sheer..your not going to get much from this, but you will get a nice healthy looking glow to your skin.

This is not like a tinted moisturizer ,but not like a foundation either..I would place this in between the two somewhere.
I have oily/acne prone skin and don't have a problem with this looking oily..in fact I had more trouble looking oily when I used then Revlon colorstay for oily skin then this..my skin is far more less oily mid-day using this..although I do use a primer under this.

will update this review when I use it w/o one.

on 9/15/2010 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Ever since Burt's Bees discontinued their tinted moisturizer, I haven't been able to find a comparable product. I purchased this product because the color seemed to be the closest match to my skin tone out of any drugstore makeup. I purchased the Light to Medium shade and tried it on today. I am pretty pleased with the results.

The one thing that appealed to me about the color is that it seems to be yellow-based. Yellow-based foundations seem to work well for me. I think the yellow counteracts the redness in my face and blends well with my medium olive skintone. Even the regular Neutrogena foundations are too pink for me.

The consistency is like that of a thick moisturizer. The coverage is like a standard tinted moisturizer. I don't like heavy foundations and prefer sheer coverage, so the coverage of this product was perfect for me. I even found that I liked it better when I blended it with some moisturizer before applying.

One thing to be careful is that this shade can look orange if applied too thick. I found that mixing this product with a moisturizer helped even out the tone by thinning out the product. It seems that a little goes a long way.

I've been wearing the product for a few hours and my skin does not seem irritated. So far, I'm pleased with this, but will update my review if needed.

i got this because i want an spf higher than 15. i used to use olay's regenerating cream w/spf but when i ran out, i thought i'd try something diff. this feels natural and weightless and invisible but it does fade the appearance of my acne scars so that's good.

on 4/4/2010 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

So I really like this product. I have been using mineral makeup for about a year now, but I wanted something with a little more coverage that doesn't make me look like i have a mask of foundation on. This is available in a shade that is a perfect match for my skin tone. It's really sheer so I put on a thin layer of this (which helps even out my skin), dab a little more on a couple of acne scars, then set with Neutrogena's mineral sheer pressed powder (using a kabuki brush). Then I take a concealer brush and use the same pressed powder to cover my acne scars, and finally finish off with some mineral veil. This routine keeps my skin looking fresh and dewy all day.

If you're looking for full coverage, this certainly isn't for you. If you want sheer coverage that keeps skin looking healthy and natural... this is a nice option.

Other benefits: (1) Sanitary packaging, (2) spf 30

A few Cons: (1) If when applying you accidentally get it near/on your eyebrows, make sure to use a q-tip to get it completely off before going out. When it dries, it crumbles from your eyebrows, making them look dirty. (This is a gross con, but I learned the hard way and wouldn't want you ladies making the same mistake!) (2) You need to set this foundation with a powder. If you don't it leaves your skin feeling a little greasy and shiny. Definitely don't recommend this product to be used just on its own.