Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers SPF 30

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers SPF 30
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers - it sucks!Neutrogena Glow Sheers in Medium to Tan 40

3.1

Active Ingredients: Homosalate (5%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (5%), Oxybenzone (2%), Titanium Dioxide (2.9%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Phenyltrimethicone, Cetyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Silica, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Barium Sulfate, Pantothenic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Squalane, Bisabolol Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Polysorbate 60, PEG 12, Dimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate, Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sobic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide

on 7/21/2013 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I am not sure why this got bad reviews. I wanted to get the Healthy Skin Enhancer 20 but the lightest color was horrible, way to dark for my skin. This however seemed to match well at the store. I bought it and tried it at home. Very lightweight sheer coverage,but enough for the summer. I like that this has retinol and can fight blemishes. I may add a touch of this to my regular foundation for the winter. Good buy. Thanks :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This product interested me because I wanted a tinted moisturizer that had antioxidants and sun protection. This did both but that is where the compliments stop.
This is thick and hard to blend even though the coverage is very minimal. It also tends to crease. Any defects like large pores or dry areas will be emphasized because this has so much shine to it. You can literally see the sparkles in this.

Maybe with someone with dry skin and NO pores this would work but not for m.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Nice idea, nasty execution. The tint in this moisturizer is suspended in a thick, oily formula that makes it really hard to create non-streaky, convincing coverage. The titanium dioxide in this also adds a faint chalkiness to your complexion that is not made much better by the supposedly light-diffusing opalescent glitter particles. At the end of the day, my face looked like it had been smeared with some oil that had crushed Guerlain Meteorites in it, and I could actually rub my face and see the product "pill" on my fingertips. On top of this, even if it were an effective product, the transparent packaging means that the sunscreen isn't stable. I don't recommend this product, at all.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I don't get how this product even has the word moisturizer in name! It dried out my skin so much that I had to take it off immediately because that's how tight my skin felt! It barely covers anything but of course that's to be expected because it's just tinted; it's not a full on foundation. However if you have dry skin this isn't anything for you to use. Even if you moisturize before putting it on it's going to dry you out so there's no point. Eight dollars of my life that I'll never get back. Never use again!

on 8/17/2012 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I wanted to love this stuff, but it just didn't live up to my expectations. I love that it has spf 30, but it just doesn't look great on and is undetectable after about 2 hours. If you want a better tinted moisturizer that also has spf 30, I recommend a BB cream (I love Maybelline's BB.)

on 3/6/2012 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

This product was just okay for me. It is a decent moisturizing foundation, so I used it on days when my skin is a bit dry. But they are not kidding about the sheerness of it; make sure you have a concealer for problem spots. Also I use a powder over it because it does make your skin dewy. I'm not so sure about the "glow" aspect of this; perhaps the dewiness is the glow. A positive thing about it is how high the SPF is, and it is not comedogenic.. Overall, this would be good for those with generally dry skin who don't need a lot of coverage.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I don't understand the low rating for this tinted moisturizer. I really love it! I got the lightest color, and it did not make me orange (like previous reviewers commented). It is very light but still gives good coverage, evening out my skin tone without looking like I have makeup on. In fact, I forget I'm wearing makeup when I wear it. I like that it has SPF and is oil free.

*Note: I see in the photos for this product that it isn't called a tinted moisturizer, although my product says "illuminating tinted moisturizer" where the products in the photo say "natural radiant look." Perhaps the formula was changed?

UPDATE: Since trying other tinted moisturizers, I have come to realize this is not the best option out there. My face gets oily pretty quickly with this, as compared to other TMs. Oh well.

on 8/13/2011 5:20:00 PM

As the "Glow Sheers" name implies, this is a lightweight, sheer, natural-looking foundation. If you want heavy coverage, this is not for you. But, if you need to just even your skintone a little and don't like the feel of thick makeup, this is a good choice. The SPF 30 is an added bonus and, for about $10, the price is right. My skin is generally good, but this helps me tone down subtle redness.

My skin was looking really good from a new skin creme I'd been using, so I decided to switch from a foundation to something more sheer. I applied this with a sponge wedge and it looked really good for about a week - and then I woke up one morning with a ton of acne! I tried to apply this with a brush for fuller coverage but it looked really dark, too dark for my ivory skin. I wouldn't recommend buying this.

I can honestly say that I can have given this product a full go lol. I have used this product for over six months. And in those six months I have only had to purchased two and a half tubes (since I haven't yet finished my third). I can described Glow Sheers as an in between a tinted moisturizer and foundation. However, If you are looking for a full coverage to moderate, I would say skip out on this because the coverage is definitely sheer. This is my staple summer foundation, it feels light on my skin and simply sinks in like moisturizer, however, please take into regard I have dry skin :). The finish is natural with a bit of shimmer, so matte girls I would say skip out on this. Also, be careful with over-applying since the shimmer could be overdone and your face could look like a disco-ball lol.

Overall, the price is a bit expensive for a drugstore brand (I bought it for $12.99) but with only three brought in a six month period, this isn't bad. I can say this is for an on-the-go girl whose looking to even out the skin tone with a bit of highlight in one step.