Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers SPF 30

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers SPF 30
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers - it sucks!Neutrogena Glow Sheers in Medium to Tan 40

2.9

Active Ingredients: Homosalate (5%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (5%), Oxybenzone (2%), Titanium Dioxide (2.9%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Phenyltrimethicone, Cetyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Silica, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Barium Sulfate, Pantothenic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Squalane, Bisabolol Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Polysorbate 60, PEG 12, Dimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate, Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sobic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

my holy grail. hate looking like i have foundation on,and this just looks like my skin is healthy and luminous on its own!!!!!
i just love love love it all the way around!

on 9/8/2014 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I am anal about making my skin look as near perfect as possible. I don't have amazing skin - good sometimes, but not amazing. When my skin is blemish-free, I LOVE how this looks right after I apply it and top it off with light powder. Dewy, even, clean, like I just got a facial. Light-medium is a perfect match for my hard to match olive NC25-30 skin. More product, darker color. The next darker shade is reddish - not yellow based as light-medium. I've gone through a couple tubes of these - used to mix my own shades for my ever-changing skin tone....BUT it leaves my oily skin too shiny, even with Neutrogena Healthy Skin pressed powder over it.

PROS: Very natural looking, extremely light coverage, has SPF, perfect match for NC25-30, no shiny flecks, squishy tube is great for travel.
CONS: Too sheer for my skin that has slight discoloration and occasional acne, stings my eyes if it gets too close, makes my face so dewy it looks wet.
I started using this when a makeup artist told me that as we age, less heavy makeup really looks better and fresher, and it is so true. I had been using MAC Studio Fix for years and wanted a change to something more natural looking. I've found that Sonia Kashuk Perfecting Luminous Foundation has a bit more coverage than this, but is very natural looking with light coverage. I've been using that predominantly for years now. But on occasion I return to this Neutrogena - maybe for a weekend at home when I don't want to be totally naked faced. I wish my skin was great so I wouldn't need any foundation! This is worth trying if you have great skin that's normal to dry.
EDIT: Just gave this 2 more lippies cuz I've been wearing it for a few days and today a total stranger told me I have beautiful skin - that never happens! I think the trick is to apply with a kabuki brush...my skin looks even all day and not overly shiny - yeah!

on 1/9/2012 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using this for about a week now. I love it!

I'm pale, and the lightest color of this, Ivory to Fair, matches my skin tone. I don't like the shiny glow effect, but setting it with powder (NYC Smooth Skin loose powder in translucent) takes care of that.

I was looking for a tinted moisturizer with SPF 30, and this was about the only thing I found (that I was willing to pay for, anyway). It gives light coverage, and I put my powder foundation over it if I need more.

Overall, I love this product. In fact, I just bought a back-up.

EDIT: I now use ELF's HD powder with this, which helps keep the Glow Sheer from oxidizing on me. (If I notice a color change, I simply use blotting sheets, and it fixes the problem). And looking at the date I wrote this review, this has been what I've worn primarily for three months. I still love it.

on 1/8/2012 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Honestly I love all Neutrogena skin products and heavily rotate them in my routine (Healthy Skin Enhancer, Healthy Eyes Brightening Concealer, 3 In 1 Conceal For Eyes, etc) and this is the least liked product by Neutrogena I have tried. The way I got this to work for me is use this half and half with a medium to full coverage foundation, something lighter than my shade since the color of the glow sheers i got is a little orange and tan for me. Ill use this one up but won't buy it again

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I purchased Light to Medium at CVS at 50% off, only $5! very cheap!
If your skin is combination/oily like mine, I would not recommend this product. As soon as I applied it..Whoa, was i shiny! It claims to be not greasy, which didnt meet that expectation. Coverage is very sheer as stated. this may be suitable for people with dry skin.

The good; SPF 30, feels lightweight and affordable.

I didnt want it to go to waste so i tried patting it over a matte foundation of mine which did look very nice.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought this in ivory to fair 10, and after an hour of wearing this, my face looked 3 shades darker than my neck. This is also not good for even oily skin nonetheless very oily like mine. It looked like I had rubbed my face into a bucket of KFC after about an hour. I do not recommend.

on 1/3/2011 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

loved the concept and packaging of the product. I was just looking for something light n natural with spf to help cover redness and thought this would do the trick. I tried it once in the summer and winter, it made turned me orange both times! Maybe it didn't turn out well because of my oily skin, oxidized the foundation.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Crap. Pure, unadulterated crap. The supposed "glow" this product labels itself as makes you look like rotten cottage cheese mixed with Sunny D--a fake orange barbie tan. I have combination skin (normal-oily) and even in the normal areas of my face did I experience the putrid, horrific effect of low quality product settling into my pores and clumping up in ways I never knew a product could clump. Lasting power? None. I put it on and 1 hour later I had a Chuck E. Cheese face--the worst part? I didn't look any better than the disgustingly creepy rodent Chuck E. Cheese totes as their mascot. The tube was the only decent aspect of this product--cheap mind you--but decent. Finish? This product puts the WHORE in WHOREIFFIC--I look cakey (which is surprising since this is meant to be a tinted moisturizer) without even put much product on. The smell was almost like someone was nibbling on little pieces of shit--it was downright putrid. Very chemical like and unfortunately, predictable of most drugstore cosmetic items out there. Overall, this was the worst experience I ever had the displeasure to have.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been looking for a tinted moisturizer that would give me that dewy look for a while now and found this. Before buying this, I actually read the reviews on here and had high expectations for it.
So after I bought it, I ran home and tried it on right away. I was disappointed once I started blending it in. It became sort of gluey within seconds so I wasnt able to blend it nicely. The end result made my face look sort of like it was peeling, but it was the product. That was about a month ago. I decided to give it another try recently and the same thing happened.

Soooo sad, I guess I'll have to stick with MAC.

on 9/15/2010 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Ever since Burt's Bees discontinued their tinted moisturizer, I haven't been able to find a comparable product. I purchased this product because the color seemed to be the closest match to my skin tone out of any drugstore makeup. I purchased the Light to Medium shade and tried it on today. I am pretty pleased with the results.

The one thing that appealed to me about the color is that it seems to be yellow-based. Yellow-based foundations seem to work well for me. I think the yellow counteracts the redness in my face and blends well with my medium olive skintone. Even the regular Neutrogena foundations are too pink for me.

The consistency is like that of a thick moisturizer. The coverage is like a standard tinted moisturizer. I don't like heavy foundations and prefer sheer coverage, so the coverage of this product was perfect for me. I even found that I liked it better when I blended it with some moisturizer before applying.

One thing to be careful is that this shade can look orange if applied too thick. I found that mixing this product with a moisturizer helped even out the tone by thinning out the product. It seems that a little goes a long way.

I've been wearing the product for a few hours and my skin does not seem irritated. So far, I'm pleased with this, but will update my review if needed.