Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers SPF 30

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers SPF 30
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers - it sucks!Neutrogena Glow Sheers in Medium to Tan 40

3.2

Active Ingredients: Homosalate (5%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (5%), Oxybenzone (2%), Titanium Dioxide (2.9%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Phenyltrimethicone, Cetyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Silica, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Barium Sulfate, Pantothenic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Squalane, Bisabolol Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Polysorbate 60, PEG 12, Dimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate, Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sobic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide

on 1/1/2014 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This irritated my skin. I did like the glow it provided, it the light amount of coverage. But It gave this slight burning sensation and I think contributed to me getting some breakouts.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was just looking for a regular tinted moisturizer/bb cream since the one I usually get was out of stock. This went above and beyond my expectations! It covers soo nicely for a tinted moisturizer and matches my skin very well. Also I'm less greasy with this product than the other product I normally use. Maybe this is a newer version of this product because I don't understand all the bad reviews. I am a medium skin tone and the shade light-medium 30 worked perfectly for me. Also the name of this product is healthy skin glow sheers illuminating tinted moisturizer. Hope this helps!

on 9/8/2013 12:28:00 PM

Cons: Skin had some kind of allergic reaction to it- stung all over. Huge breakouts. Stuff is very greasy, coverage terrible, settled in pores. Shade wasn't right- minimal selection.

Pros: None that I can think of- really.

on 3/27/2013 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Did anyone else notice glitter pieces? Its not packed with a crap ton of them, but they are definitely there and show up on the skin - gold flakes! I do not like that. My heart sunk as i was surveying the results of this product on my skin. =( On darker skin, like mine, glitter is incredibly OBVIOUS. I dont understand why companies do this. It does nothing to enhance the look and can even be a bit embarrassing >.<

That said ... I'm not going to return it. I'm hoping the antioxidant and spf benefits will outweight the disaster that is gold flakage. I love how this sinks into the skin, leaves a very nice "glowy" (not greasy) finish, and evens out my skin tone. The color I got was Medium to Tan and it works very well for my weird olive/yellow/brown skin.
Definitely still require concealer in strategic areas if you've got active breakouts or really bad scars. I think it would make a good primer for my favorite cream foundation. The real reason to buy this is for the evening out of skin color, antioxidants, and spf. I am relatively pleased.

I love this stuff so much! It's so perfect because it covers my blemishes while also providing moisture and sun protection. However, I still have to wear concealer on my blemishes because it has light coverage. Perfect for summer time! I also love the natural healthy glow it gives my skin. I love this product and will be repurchasing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I thought this product was nice, but I only bought it because there wasn't any other tinted moisturizers in stock. I didn't like the sheer-ness, and it didn't keep me from getting sunburnt (that was probably a user error though). I found other moisturizers i liked better, and that's the only reason i'm not buying it again. I think it would work better if i had dryer skin. It smelled like sunscreen!

Yes, yes, yes! I LOVE this. My acne has finally cleared up, and I no longer need heavy, cakey foundation and tons of coverage, so I went out looking for a new foundation that was much lighter than my previous one. I saw this and based off of the words "sheer" and "tinted moisturizer", knew that this would be a good one to try. Boy was I right! This is great for my skin, especially since, like I mentioned, I don't need the full coverage or heaviness of a foundation anymore. It really sucks that some people can't seem to grasp that tinted moisturizers provide very little coverage, and then procede to write awful reviews for this awesome product, scaring off people who might really like this and want little coverage. Anyway, yeah, this is great.

on 12/14/2011 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm a pale girl, so it's hard for me to find colors that match me. So imagine my surprise when I rubbed this on my hand in the store and it matched. I purchased the Ivory to Fair shade, but I didn't get to use it until the morning before school. When I did put it on my face, it was horrible. It made me look orange, and that surprised me since it seemed to match my hand. The glow was overdone as well, I looked like a light bulb. I had to run in the bathroom and wash it off and re-do my make up because I couldn't work with this product at all. The only good thing is the packaging. The squeeze tube is very hygienic. I ended up taking it back and got a refund. Don't waste your money on this!

on 6/25/2011 6:43:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This product made me REALLY orange and I got it in light. It also made my skin super oily and covered NOTHING but skin discoloration with it's orange funk. I didn't like it at all and wouldn't buy it again.
The only good thing, is it did not make my skin breakout or irritate it whatsoever.

Overall rating is a 1 just because it had one positive which was the above statement.

Update: For all of you who found this to be useless as I did for my skin finding yourself stuck with this no good product, I found a way to make it useful. I always try to make any makeup that did not work out for me useful in some way or another. For instance if a mineral foundation powder doesn't work out as that a 'mineral foundation powder' then i'll use it as a setting powder over a foundation I think works better for an all over face product.

Anyway to the point.
This has been in my makeup bag for a while now haven't used ever since my horrible experience with it the first time around...
So a few days ago I was applying my reg foundation at the time Revlon Colorstay and I have it in Buff and it's looking pretty paleish on me considering i'm getting darker cause of summer. I didn't wanna apply bronzer to get a darker look cause I'm tired of that.

So I thought this would work great as a bronzer, since its suppose to give you a radiance glow. I pulled it out, swept a dime size of the foundation on my cheeks as I would with bronzer and I think this is the best useful way you can use this up for all of you who found this to be..well a nightmare as a foundation as I did. However it can work out pretty well to give you that radiance look if you ONLY and I mean it!
Only sweep it across your cheek bone like a blush or bronzer. It gives you color and sure maybe a glow. I want to try it again because I wasn't really paying much attention when I did this...

But I thought I share this idea with those of you who don't know what to do with it. Especially if you're like me and don't like throwing your money into the trash. When a product doesn't work out for you, make it work, in one way or another.=) Hope I gave a good idea for some of you.

on 6/22/2011 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Wow, I do not understand the negative reviews of this. I like it quite a bit. I've been using this since my skin has been decent lately. It evens out my skin tone and kind of blurs pores. I like a natural look so that's ok. I just put concealer where I need to. While it does leave some shine, once I powder I do not feel greasy. I'm really pale and the lightest shade blended nicely on my skin tone. I have combo/dry skin so I use this on top of my regular moisturizer. It probably wouldn't be enough coverage if I was really tired looking or breaking out, but I like it for my good skin days to just enhance my skin.