Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers SPF 30

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers SPF 30
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers - it sucks!Neutrogena Glow Sheers in Medium to Tan 40

2.9

Active Ingredients: Homosalate (5%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (5%), Oxybenzone (2%), Titanium Dioxide (2.9%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Phenyltrimethicone, Cetyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Silica, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Barium Sulfate, Pantothenic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Squalane, Bisabolol Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Polysorbate 60, PEG 12, Dimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate, Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sobic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide

This is my go-to summer foundation. It's pretty sheer and doesn't feel heavy plus it gives my face a nice glow without being too dewy looking. The SPF is great too! I have tried using this in the winter months, but it's the wrong tone when my slightly yellow toned skin is a bit pale. I can't really explain it, it just looks off. Overall, this is a great lightweight foundation and I'll be repurchasing for this summer.

on 1/23/2014 1:07:00 AM

I usually come on here just to look up products but I thought this deserved my first own review just because I see so many negative thoughts on this product. I've tried a few bb creams and tinted moisturizers. This is by far my fav! It really does give you a glow. I use it as an everyday look with some concealer, especially when I don't feel like wearing foundation. It gives me a nice dewy finish. I'm an nc42 in Mac and u bought this in light to medium. I just love it. !!!

I used Ivory to Fair, shade 10, which was a really good colour match for my fair skin. That, the spf 30, and the light-weight easy squeeze tube are about the only things going for it. Actual performance is terrible. It settles in pores and emphasizes dryness without adding any moisture. You basically need a primer under it, which sort of defeats its purpose as a one-step spf, moisturiser, tint. I don't mind putting primer over my moisturiser and under my foundation. However, I don't want to put primer on before moisturiser. Without a primer it's going to settle in every pore and line. Even with a primer it kind of slides around on top and doesn't sink in. Lose-lose. Anyway, gave it several tries, but it's so terrible most of the tube is going in the bin.

I hated this product, it is horrible! It does not provide coverage for me at all. I would recommend Korean BB Cream for those who wants light coverage and no irritation.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Pro's: doesn't feel like your wearing any makeup, very light, SPF 30. covers redness, squeezy tube/packaging

Con's: leaves me looking oily (even though i set it with powder), comes off completely by the end of the day, light coverage, horrible shade selection

Personally, I really hate this crap. I recommend it to someone who has dry skin and generally good skin.

on 3/19/2013 9:20:00 PM

I thought this stuff was awesome right after I put it on. It gave me a radiant look and wasn't too heavy. Then a few hours later I noticed a few bumps on my face...the next day I had 5 massive zits and looked like a hormonal teenager! I don't think ANYTHING has ever made me breakout like this product. Worse than just a waste of money

on 3/5/2013 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

On days when I'm just feeling shitty, or when I just don't feel like looking like a human being, this foundation is just the quick fix I need to kick myself back into looking decent.

It is definitely an extremely light formula, and if you have acne or spots you want to cover up, I would not recommend it. However, if you are feeling sensitive or you do not want to cake a lot of stuff over your face, this is the foundation for you.
I wear it on days when I have no acne to cover but when I do not feel up to going for the full-on makeup look. It is good for a natural look.

If you are expecting a dramatic change upon putting this foundation on, you will be disappointed. I guess on the flip side, that could be good because it won't be that big of a deal if you accidentally got the foundation in a slightly different tone than your face.

I personally like the natural look, and I also have sensitive skin so I really like this product. Additionally, although a bit pricey, it is still affordable for a student like me.

Unfortunately, I am not very fond of the tube design. It makes it hard for the foundation to come out in the later stages of its life. If not careful, the foundation tends to squirt out and get all over your sink and mirror.

on 2/15/2013 10:39:00 AM

I was looking for a tinted sunscreen and this one was cheap and got good reviews from Beautypedia. This is definitely a great tinted moisturizer and I like it better than the expensive ones I've tried, including Laura Mercier, Bare Minerals, and Dr. Jart BB cream.

PROS:
-easy to blend with fingers, even for a makeup novice like myself
-color looks really natural, even though the two I've tried (10 and 20) were too light and too dark, respectively (I'm Nude in Laura Mercier TM)
-stays on all day with no powder to set
-I get the tiniest bit oily in my forehead by the afternoon, but it's not a big deal
-cheap and easy to find

CONS:
-not enough colors
-does little to cover up my red, but to be fair, I'd need a concealer for that
-part chemical sunblock and has titanium rather than zinc oxide, which is best for broad-spectrum UVA protection
-dries out my winter skin a bit, but other foundations and sunscreens I've tried are much worse

I'd definitely buy this again. It's cheap and works really well on my dry winter skin. I may need to reevaluate for summer when my skin gets oiling in the t-zone.

I do really like this product! It gives me a nice amount of coverage that evens my skin :) It also gave me a subtle glow which was nice. It wasn't overboard glowing with sparkles like some tinted moisturizers' reviews i've read to give you a "glow". I got it in the lightest shade and it matched my skin nicely. Overall I would recommend it but the only thing that bugged me was the size. I got it for $10 and with that money I would like a little more. I may repurches this again. I do like it so it might happen depending on what else I may find out there.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Hands down the best drugstore TM. I have that awful skin that has large pores, some redness, dry, oily and acne prone, all at once. This is an great oil-free moisturizer that doesn't make me break out. It soothes redness and pores,and doesn't make me look shiny., and my skin feels so smooth. I wear it under my MK Mineral Powder foundation for more coverage, or on its own when I'm in a rush. It's a little pricey for a drugstore TM, I think I paid $14.99 for it, and it's not going to last more than a couple months. The colors are good and blend well. I have the fair to light and light to medium, since my skin tans quickly and then loses said tan just as quickly. It's obviously not a foundation, but I like using it under one as a good base/primer. Works well under my eyes to soothe mild puffiness. I have good freckles that I don't like to hide, so I like that this makes my skin look like it's naturally fairly clear. I have used Laura Mercier's oil-free TM, and honestly I think this one blends better.