Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers SPF 30

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers SPF 30
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers - it sucks!Neutrogena Glow Sheers in Medium to Tan 40

3.2

Active Ingredients: Homosalate (5%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (5%), Oxybenzone (2%), Titanium Dioxide (2.9%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Phenyltrimethicone, Cetyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Silica, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Barium Sulfate, Pantothenic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Squalane, Bisabolol Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Polysorbate 60, PEG 12, Dimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate, Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sobic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide

on 1/28/2014 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought this hoping it would moisturize and add a bit of color to my pale skin. The SPF was an added bonus.

It does not moisturize. It dried my skin, making it feel thin and parched, like I imagine the skin of a woman 70+ would typically feel.

It also did not add any bit of color to my face whatsoever. In fact, it made it appear even paler, with less warmth, almost like I was dead and the warmness had drained from my face.

As an added drawback, it migrated on my face over the course of the day, settling into ugly smear marks. When I tried to smooth it, it came off in my hands like your skin comes off after a shower if it's been a few days.

This stuff is awful.

on 12/7/2013 11:50:00 PM

Liked this at first... I don't know why. This is awful.. It's NOT WATERPROOF WHATSOEVER.. and when you touch your face it comes right off onto your fingers. Also, when you put it on your face is gets all chunky and weird. Hate it... And the fair- light should be light-medium for only people with yellow skin.

I bought this because I left my Asian bbcream at home when I went to a weekend trip to Seattle. I picked this up at Walgreens for about 10 bucks. I was curious on trying the western bb creams/ cc creams but I'm glad I decided to get this instead! I didn't want a heavy foundation and I needed something with SPF this was perfect! It made my skin glow and it didn't look like I had makeup on! I bought it in the lightest shade and it blended into my skin perfectly. It didn't cover up my random red pimple that came to say hello on my cheek but I didn't expect it to. (It's just a ringer moisturizer after all and I go for very sheer coverage anyway) I actually prefer this over my bb cream now it's cheaper and I don't have to get it imported :) it won't cover freckles either if anyone was wondering. It will even out skin and make you glowy! I didn't get oily at all and I didn't have to powder it or blot my face which I normally do. :D overall a great product if you like a natural no makeup look that you won't have to worry about for the entire day!

I bought this product while on vacation and realizing that I'd left my entire makeup kit at home. I just thought I would give this a try instead of my normal heavier foundations. I used this on top of the Garnier moisturizer that I was using at the time. It was okay. . I don't really need a ton of coverage but at my age I do need some. After I got home I mainly used it for days when I wasn't really going out. Anyway, fast forward to the present. I ran out of my regular foundation and reached for this product. This time, the results were terrrible. The difference is that I am now using a Neutrogena moisturizer (Rapid Tone Repair) underneath, and when I put this on top of it, it pills up. (I had hoped that the brands being the same, that there would be some compatibility.) So now I'm skipping the moisturizer entirely, and just using this. I suppose it is more like a tinted moisturizer anyway, but it doesn't say that on the packaging. Just this without moisturizer is okay, but I think for me it's best used on casual summer days. It is just not quite enough coverage for my 50+ skin.

on 11/4/2012 7:30:00 PM

This is one of the thickest, heaviest tinted moisturizers I have ever used...it's more like a creamy liquid foundation, I think. Other than that, I have no complaints. Coverage is decent, and while I don't find it particularly moisturizing, it isn't drying either. I have the light to fair shade, which matches and blends nicely into my skin. It does not cover most imperfections. Mostly I use it around my eye area, just to even out my skin tone and for the SPF effects. If I need to, I use Dermablend concealer and then top it all off with mineral foundation.
As the day goes on, I don't notice any caking or creasing. Not sure if I'd buy it again, considering there are so many other options out there - and I am always on the search for that one perfect product that will turn me into a beauty queen!

I like that this comes in a tube, always a plus, as far as keeping products sanitary goes.

What I would like to know is what the deal is with BB creams? Is this a fancy new name for the tinted moisturizers that have been around for years? Doesn't seem that the ingredients are all that different.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product looks beautiful on my skin, and I love it! To the people complaining about the light coverage...it says "SHEER" Glow! Thats exactly what it does...provides light, sheer coverage, adds glow, and a flawless finish. It blends like a dream, and it feels like I have nothing on, yet it reduces redness and evens out my skin tone. Overall, this is good for those who have pretty good skin and just want to even out their complexion. But not for those who need heavy, full coverage.

I've been a makeup artist for seven years and have access to really expensive tinted moisturizers, and truthfully I've hated them all. Generally I find tinted moisturizers in department stores to be more like foundations, which I don't use on myself very often.

I read some reviews on this that complained about it being too sheer - I don't get that, because it seems to me that this is the point of tinted moisturizer... it's not supposed to cover, it's just supposed to even out your skin. If it's too sheer for you, get a foundation.

I was addicted to CoverGirl tinted moisturizer for years - $6.99 a tube, it lasted me three months at least, and had SPF 15. I went to pick some up a couple of weeks ago, and the store didn't carry it. I freaked out for a second, and then looked at other options. There aren't a whole lot in a drugstore, unfortunately.

However, I settled on Neutrogena's tinted moisturizer, and I'm officially obsessed and never buying CoverGirl again. It's SPF 30 (and it actually smells like sunscreen), blends in better and more evenly than any tinted moisturizer that I've ever used, and lasts all day after setting it (I use Makeup Forever HD powder - amazing amazing amazing). It evens out my mild acne scarring and red blotchiness really well. Most importantly (to me), it feels awesome on my skin.

Tinted moisturizer in general isn't for everyone, but if you like them, try this one... it's fabulous!

on 7/5/2010 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I gave this foundation a 3 because it does what it says: the formula is such a sheer coverage that, other than being shiny and dewy, you can't even tell you applied it.

Other than a highlighter or an eyeshadow base, this foundation really doesn't do much else. It's quite pricey, coming in at $12.99.

Now as for its demographic, this foundation would work out great for someone who already has perfect skin, but wants a little shine on their cheeks.

This foundation is also oil free and so far, knock on wood, I haven't had any break-outs from it yet.

Speaking of which, I quickly learned that I can't hide blemishes or the usual signs of puberty with this. No matter how much I cake on, Healthy Skin Glow doesn't do anything else but....well....glow.

I have acne scars and redness I need to cover up, and this foundation is way too sheer to provide any sort of coverage at all. So I won't repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Absolutely awful! I remember trying this when it first came out,a few years ago,because i was still in high school and so id have a few pimples here and there so i thought this would help cover them up and look good. Boy was i wrong! I applied with the my fingers and it looked good in the mirror but when i stepped out of the door,it had turned orange and greasy. So the second try,i used a sponge,it turned out worse than when i used my fingers! It balled up and it really did look like i had used a bad self tanner on my face,as an another reviewer mentioned. So,i decided id give it one more try before giving up,i thought maybe powder would help. Yet,i was wrong again,it ended up balling up and still looking orange and stayed greasy as if i never used powder! Dont buy,just like the neutrogena commercial,its beautiful in the jar but not in the mirror.

Really nice for the summer or a beach vacation. This one is coming with me on my cruise this June when liquid foundation and/or mineral MU isn't necessary. I wouldn't choose to use this for work though...not enough coverage for an office environment. I have the Light to Medium (shade #30) and it has the perfect yellow undertones for my skin. I put it on today for a natural weekend look, and 8 hours later, my skin still looks fresh and dewy. The yellow undertones have a great neutralizing effect on any redness.

Yes, I have blemishes and this does not provide enough coverage for those, but that's where my MAC concealer comes in. The SPF 30 is great too. I'm finding that this a step below Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer in terms of coverage, but a little more than Clinique's Sheer Tint.