Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers SPF 30

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers SPF 30
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers - it sucks!Neutrogena Glow Sheers in Medium to Tan 40

3.1

Active Ingredients: Homosalate (5%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (5%), Oxybenzone (2%), Titanium Dioxide (2.9%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Phenyltrimethicone, Cetyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Silica, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Barium Sulfate, Pantothenic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Squalane, Bisabolol Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Polysorbate 60, PEG 12, Dimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate, Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sobic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide

on 8/28/2014 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is a tinted moisturizer without any coverage. It gives a very, very sheer light color to skin. Although the color matched well, it did not blend evenly onto my skin. I tried using fingers and damp sponge. Nothing worked. I would give it a plus for being exactly what it advertised "lightweight illuminating tinted moisurizer" but the inability to blend it evenly was a big negative.

I purchased this product because of the glowing review that it got on Paula's Choice. This contains antioxidants and broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection, as well as having a sheer tint, which is what I wanted.
The clear packaging leads to the degradation of these compounds, so it must be stored in the dark, but at least it is not in a jar, to explain the three lippies.
This is far too dark for fair skin, even in the "ivory to fair" shade, which really should just be called light. This made a very obvious dm line on my face unless I blended it all the way down my neck and into my shirt. I am VERY fair though, and if your skin is NC/W15 or above you might be okay with this.
Other than that, this was not moisturizing, and the formula was highly irritating. My skin is pretty sensitive, but this would itch and burn when I put it on(I only wore it a few times before running to clinique practically in tears to get a different sunscreen so I could take it off), and would leave my face not only too dark, but also very pink, since the coverage is too sheer to cover any redness.
I have since stopped using this(for the past 2 days) and have given up for the time on finding a tinted moisturizer that is light enough for me. My skin is now very dried out and has patches of flaky rosacea that are starting to heal.
Supposedly Stila TM and Too Faced BB are very light, and similarly boast antioxidants and broad spectrum UV coverage, although I have not tried either of those.
Overall, this product was absolutely horrible for my skin, and really damaged it, apart from just looking terrible, so no, I would not purchase it again. It probably would work well for someone less pale and sensitive, which is why I gave it 2 lippies.

on 1/26/2013 9:57:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

My skin is dry and sensitive, and this product is moisturizing and doesn't irritate. (I apply it over my daytime moisturizer.) It doesn't provide much coverage, but it does even out my skin tone. I apply a cover-up just over areas that need more help.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This does not have a lot of coverage. I mix a dab with a foundation that i have to give it more of a moisturizing feel and glowy look (maybelline's Fit me), and it's perfect. Have also mixed it with samples of other foundations since most foundations are too dry for me, and accentuate my dry patches. There are no evidence of glitter or shimmer when i wear this tm or swatch it. Those with oily skins would not like this so much because it may have a tendency to slide off during the day with that particular skintype.

on 5/5/2012 4:26:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

This tinted moisturizer comes in a sanitary and easy to use tube. There are only four shades to choose from, so selection is fairly easy. I bought Fair to Light. It looks totally natural on my skin, providing only the merest wash of color. I find it's best to apply with a sponge to get even coverage. My skin is dry and sensitive and it's moisturizing enough for my skin, over my regular moisturizer.

on 1/31/2011 8:15:00 PM

it fades away really quickly and when i sweat it comes right off... i really hate this product.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I love love loove this tinted moisturizer. I wear #30--I think that is the darkest color. Not a wide color range for darker skinned women. I am around NC42. For someone who doesn't wear foundation--I think this is great! It's light enough to wear all year long while also getting even-toned skin! The first time I put this foundation on--I LOVED IT! I really do love Neutrogena skin products. The only thing about it is--I think it is a little too expensive. I am also a little torn between the fact that it has spf30. Its great for day-wear...but if you are planning on going out at night, its no good because it comes off pretty easily after dancing for a while and it also since it has spf it will give you a white cast in pictures. I dunno....I really do LOVE this product!!

on 6/6/2010 12:51:00 PM

I used to use this product years ago for my regular foundation and really loved it. However, I switched because I was looking for more coverage. But I have recently gone back to it now that it is summer. I was really wanting a nice tinted moisturizer. The Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer was the product I was really dying to have but just don't have the extra cash to spend on it right now. This product is a great alternative to that one. I have fairly dry skin and this moisturizes my skin amazingly as well as giving me that dewey look that is hard for me to achieve. Pricing is great as well as the spf of 30. Amazing alternative to the more expensive tinted moisturizer out there!

on 3/25/2010 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

Love, love, love this product! I purchased it a few weeks ago and have been hooked! I'm not a foundation girl, so a tinted moisturizer is the only way I go. I have it in the bronze and I was a little nervous because it looked a little light for my complexion, but when I tried it on my skin, it blended seamlessly. It's my every day go-to product after I apply my moisturizer and sunblock. It gives off a nice bronze, almost dewy glow and it doesn't clog my pores.

on 9/20/2009 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I actually like this product. I agree it's super sheer, and I would never wear it alone because even though my skin isn't that bad, it still doesn't make enough of a noticeable difference. That's why I put MAC Mineralize Finish Natural on afterwards. It gives me an extra boost of coverage and I LOVE the fact that it has SPF 30 (I've been bummed lately that my beloved MAC MSFN doesn't give me any extra SPF, so this fills in the void!). I just put this on with MAC MSFN on top and went to my rooftop deck with my SO, who announced it didn't look like I was wearing any foundation at all! Hurray, my ultimate goal has been reached! I will say I did notice balling the first time I used this, but this is easily prevented. Just apply to one section at a time, and blend minimally. Rubbing extra will create it to ball, as will letting it dry at all before blending. I'm totally buying this again!