Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers SPF 30

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers SPF 30
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers - it sucks!Neutrogena Glow Sheers in Medium to Tan 40

3.9

Active Ingredients: Homosalate (5%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (5%), Oxybenzone (2%), Titanium Dioxide (2.9%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Phenyltrimethicone, Cetyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Silica, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Barium Sulfate, Pantothenic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Squalane, Bisabolol Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Polysorbate 60, PEG 12, Dimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate, Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sobic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide

on 4/12/2010 2:51:00 AM

I love the cooling sensation I get when I put this on. My skin behaves with this, and it works wonders under loose mineral powder. It's a little peachy, but you can sheer it out. Love it for covering up under-eye darkness, since it's so smooth.

Really nice for the summer or a beach vacation. This one is coming with me on my cruise this June when liquid foundation and/or mineral MU isn't necessary. I wouldn't choose to use this for work though...not enough coverage for an office environment. I have the Light to Medium (shade #30) and it has the perfect yellow undertones for my skin. I put it on today for a natural weekend look, and 8 hours later, my skin still looks fresh and dewy. The yellow undertones have a great neutralizing effect on any redness.

Yes, I have blemishes and this does not provide enough coverage for those, but that's where my MAC concealer comes in. The SPF 30 is great too. I'm finding that this a step below Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer in terms of coverage, but a little more than Clinique's Sheer Tint.

on 11/27/2008 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My skin tone's been looking dull lately and this really helps, especially on sunnier days. I mix light-medium with Bobbi Brown Sand 2 and the shimmer practically disappears while the glow remains. My skin breaks out at the slightest provocation usually- no problem with this. It also works well with my olive skin, a miracle. Bobbi Brown discontinued their original shade of Sand that worked pretty well for me and this is a good stand-in. I love the glow- never thought I could do any shimmer because of breakouts and some scarring but this actually helps detract from flaws.

on 7/24/2007 1:36:00 PM

Yuck. Like my own skin, just greasier and orangey. It didn't give a glow on me, just made me look like I hadn't washed my face in days. No coverage, major shade change within a few hours, greasball look- no thanks!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I was looking for a product that I could use in the summer, with a light, glowy finish, so I got this for 40% off at Rite Aid. It did even out my skin tone a little, and it did give me a healthy glow. However it really didn't provide much coverage. At first I didn't notice the tiny gold sparkles, but when I looked closely, I found some. Usually, sparkles in foundations/TMs tend to bug me, but this didn't because the sparkles are so small and overall it gives a glowy look rather than a shimmery one.

on 6/18/2007 5:44:00 PM

I'm already on my 2nd tube of this product. It has replaced my once HG tinted moisturizer/foundation, Tarte Smooth Operator. I was on the hunt for a more inexpensive alternative to the Tarte SO, and have scored! The Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheer is around 1/3 the price of the Tarte SO. I find the coverage is simliar in both, but the Tarte has a more matte finish. I believe the coverage may be slightly better with the Neutrogena, but it might be due to the shimmer particles. The "glow" bit of this is quite subtle, unless it's a very hot and humid day. I wear the lightest shade and switch to the 2nd lightest during the summer. I find this glides on perfectly with a sponge, after I have applied my Shiseido spf 55 lotion. For reference, I'm a Mac NC25 and wear the Tarte SO in Conceal or Veil and The Glow Sheers in Light to Fair or Fair.

on 3/10/2007 1:46:00 AM

This is a decent tinted moisturizer. I like Healthy Enhancer a lot better, though. Like other reviewers, I have trouble getting the product to spread evenly. It also does not have enough coverage for my liking (it actually seems to have less coverage for me than Healthy Enhancer).

On the other hand, I've found that it works very well under a light buffing of Bare Minerals foundation. I'm not a huge minerals fan, so I don't use them very often. I've tried using other foundations under the minerals, and so far, the Glow Sheer seems the best. My skins ends up looking very even-toned yet glowy all day. I wouldn't repurchase the Glow Sheers just for this reason, but it will be a good way to use up the tube already purchased.

on 4/14/2004 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

LOVE this product. I got in on clearance at CVS, and I hope this doesn't mean it's been discontinued because it's my HG. Sheer Natural Buff is a perfect match for my skin. Gives nice light coverage, no greasy feel or look. Perfection!

on 6/28/2003 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have this and although I don't wear a tinted moisturizer too often (I don't wear foundation either, I hate the mask-like feeling of it), this one is pretty great. On those rare days when I want to wear a light TM, this is the one that I usually reach for. I used to use LM TM but I realized that it was causing my usually crystal clear skin to break out. This one is nice and light and it doesn't feel heavy or oily on my face. I have very sensitive skin and I haven't had any problems with my skin breaking out. Rave from me! :o)