Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers SPF 30

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers SPF 30
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers - it sucks!Neutrogena Glow Sheers in Medium to Tan 40

3.1

Active Ingredients: Homosalate (5%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (5%), Oxybenzone (2%), Titanium Dioxide (2.9%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Phenyltrimethicone, Cetyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Silica, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Barium Sulfate, Pantothenic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Squalane, Bisabolol Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Polysorbate 60, PEG 12, Dimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate, Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sobic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide

Yes, yes, yes! I LOVE this. My acne has finally cleared up, and I no longer need heavy, cakey foundation and tons of coverage, so I went out looking for a new foundation that was much lighter than my previous one. I saw this and based off of the words "sheer" and "tinted moisturizer", knew that this would be a good one to try. Boy was I right! This is great for my skin, especially since, like I mentioned, I don't need the full coverage or heaviness of a foundation anymore. It really sucks that some people can't seem to grasp that tinted moisturizers provide very little coverage, and then procede to write awful reviews for this awesome product, scaring off people who might really like this and want little coverage. Anyway, yeah, this is great.

on 8/11/2008 11:22:00 AM

i can finally select "no" for "will you buy again?" with confidence because, after buying this crappy product 3 separate times, I will never again forget why i hate it.

after i left my stila tm in LA 2 weeks ago, i was browsing cvs for a cheap replacement and picked this up, yet again. i couldnt remember why i had trashed it a few months ago, and chalked it up to finding other things that i liked better. this morning after throwing it away, yet again, im ready to tell the world the problem with this seemingly perfect product--nice, light texture; spf 30; oil-free; very reasonably priced.

for me, the #1 worst thing about this is the horrid way it applies over EVERYTHING. serums, moisturizers, sunscreen, acne medications. as soon as you start blending, it begins to separate and ball up, rendering the sun protection completely useless and making you work much harder to achieve a normal looking face. it was so bad today that i gave up and ended up washing it all off and starting completely over with different products.

if you make it past that, it provides no oil control whatsoever, and will be sliding off your face as you drive to work, as it does to me at 8:30 am in the blazing atlanta sun. further rendering the spf even more useless.

if youre looking for a drugstore tm, get cover girl's. while the spf is only 15, it works well with other products, and the fact that it actually stays on your face probably results in better protection than this laughable product from neutrogena, whose company motto should be, "some great ideas, consistently terrible execution."

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

my holy grail. hate looking like i have foundation on,and this just looks like my skin is healthy and luminous on its own!!!!!
i just love love love it all the way around!

on 9/8/2014 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I am anal about making my skin look as near perfect as possible. I don't have amazing skin - good sometimes, but not amazing. When my skin is blemish-free, I LOVE how this looks right after I apply it and top it off with light powder. Dewy, even, clean, like I just got a facial. Light-medium is a perfect match for my hard to match olive NC25-30 skin. More product, darker color. The next darker shade is reddish - not yellow based as light-medium. I've gone through a couple tubes of these - used to mix my own shades for my ever-changing skin tone....BUT it leaves my oily skin too shiny, even with Neutrogena Healthy Skin pressed powder over it.

PROS: Very natural looking, extremely light coverage, has SPF, perfect match for NC25-30, no shiny flecks, squishy tube is great for travel.
CONS: Too sheer for my skin that has slight discoloration and occasional acne, stings my eyes if it gets too close, makes my face so dewy it looks wet.
I started using this when a makeup artist told me that as we age, less heavy makeup really looks better and fresher, and it is so true. I had been using MAC Studio Fix for years and wanted a change to something more natural looking. I've found that Sonia Kashuk Perfecting Luminous Foundation has a bit more coverage than this, but is very natural looking with light coverage. I've been using that predominantly for years now. But on occasion I return to this Neutrogena - maybe for a weekend at home when I don't want to be totally naked faced. I wish my skin was great so I wouldn't need any foundation! This is worth trying if you have great skin that's normal to dry.
EDIT: Just gave this 2 more lippies cuz I've been wearing it for a few days and today a total stranger told me I have beautiful skin - that never happens! I think the trick is to apply with a kabuki brush...my skin looks even all day and not overly shiny - yeah!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product looks beautiful on my skin, and I love it! To the people complaining about the light coverage...it says "SHEER" Glow! Thats exactly what it does...provides light, sheer coverage, adds glow, and a flawless finish. It blends like a dream, and it feels like I have nothing on, yet it reduces redness and evens out my skin tone. Overall, this is good for those who have pretty good skin and just want to even out their complexion. But not for those who need heavy, full coverage.

on 4/19/2007 12:22:00 PM

I don't know what went wrong with this product, but I purchased it in the light-medium shade and the product was so yellow, that like the other review here, it made me look jaundiced. The pigment was also very strong - not "sheer" or "healthy" at all. Very disappointed.

on 2/9/2008 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I would give this a higher rating and repurchase it if it didn't break me out...my skin can tolerate the formula for only two days in a row max. If I use it everyday, guaranteed I'll have some breakouts erupting on my cheeks and chin. The way I use the product is mixing it into my Shiseido spf 55 lotion or any other moisturizer/sunscreen. I agree with some of the previous reviews -- how the formula is streaky, a bit glimmery...but that's if you apply it to unmoisturized skin full strength. I always hydrate with a separate lotion beforehand to ensure a smoother application. I don't have much luck with tinted moisturizers or foundations...haven't found the perfect base yet that I can wear everyday without experiencing some kind of irritation or pore clogging. I may go back to Dr.Hauschka's Translucent Bronze Concentrate -- the tint is slightly too orangey if I use too much, but at least it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this in a pissy mood because Chanel's Teint Innocence compact doesn't come in colors pale enough for snow people like me, and I wanted to feel luminous and glowy. Although I rated it at four lippies, that's only because I'll probably never find an HG foundation, but I'm saving the fifth lippie in case of a miracle. For a drugstore product, this is great quality and I've really enjoyed the results. I bought the lightest shade, Ivory, which is comparable to MAC NW20, Stila 10 Watts, Bobbi Brown Alabaster. This formula melds very easily with skin, leaving no apparent signs of make-up. It's very blendable, and I would call the coverage a sheer-medium, similar to the level of Laura Mercier's Original Tinted Moisturizer. It works well for evening skin tone. The lumizing particles are very subtle; there is absolutely no visible shimmer or glitter. Instead, the effect is a lively, radiant complexion with a natural highlight on the high planes of bone structure. It lasts well, no primer necessary. I am careful to apply a little loose powder on the bridge of my nose, the only place where my face produces any oil, because that one spot can become a bit oddly shiny with any luminizing formula, but the remainder of my face doesn't need a second product for setting. I'll keep buying and trying other things, but I will finish this tube and enjoy the compliments in the mean time.

on 7/24/2007 1:36:00 PM

Yuck. Like my own skin, just greasier and orangey. It didn't give a glow on me, just made me look like I hadn't washed my face in days. No coverage, major shade change within a few hours, greasball look- no thanks!

on 4/22/2007 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I agree with "paletangirl" below. This is one of the best foundations I have tried in a long time. I usually wear Everyday minerals but wanted to try a liquid again. This foundation feels very luxurious and silky yet is oil-free. The coverage is pretty sheer but enough for days when you want to be natural, and the dewiness or glow blurs imperfections beautifuly so that you may not need heavier coverage. You can layer a bit of mineral foundation over it for more coverage. The glow is subtle and totally appropriate on my 40 something skin. And I do not have great skin! The spf is fabulous and I am impressed with the color match. I like that Neutrogena often has more yellow in their bases - it is more natural and flattering. I have a hard time matching foundation to my skin tone and the light to medium was perfect. I have light to medium olive skin with some redness. I think these run a bit darker than you would expect. Although this is a sheer foundation, it seems to even out skin tone and blur imperfections without excessive coverage which is an amazing feat IMO!! I used to love Neutrogena's Healthy Defense Sheer foundation which was very similar and it was discontinued. This may be its reincarnation and I am thrilled! Fabulous product and value!