Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers SPF 30

Filtered by age: 36-43
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers SPF 30
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers - it sucks!Neutrogena Glow Sheers in Medium to Tan 40

3.1

Active Ingredients: Homosalate (5%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (5%), Oxybenzone (2%), Titanium Dioxide (2.9%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Phenyltrimethicone, Cetyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Silica, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Barium Sulfate, Pantothenic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Squalane, Bisabolol Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Polysorbate 60, PEG 12, Dimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate, Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sobic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide

on 7/21/2013 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I am not sure why this got bad reviews. I wanted to get the Healthy Skin Enhancer 20 but the lightest color was horrible, way to dark for my skin. This however seemed to match well at the store. I bought it and tried it at home. Very lightweight sheer coverage,but enough for the summer. I like that this has retinol and can fight blemishes. I may add a touch of this to my regular foundation for the winter. Good buy. Thanks :)

on 3/27/2013 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Did anyone else notice glitter pieces? Its not packed with a crap ton of them, but they are definitely there and show up on the skin - gold flakes! I do not like that. My heart sunk as i was surveying the results of this product on my skin. =( On darker skin, like mine, glitter is incredibly OBVIOUS. I dont understand why companies do this. It does nothing to enhance the look and can even be a bit embarrassing >.<

That said ... I'm not going to return it. I'm hoping the antioxidant and spf benefits will outweight the disaster that is gold flakage. I love how this sinks into the skin, leaves a very nice "glowy" (not greasy) finish, and evens out my skin tone. The color I got was Medium to Tan and it works very well for my weird olive/yellow/brown skin.
Definitely still require concealer in strategic areas if you've got active breakouts or really bad scars. I think it would make a good primer for my favorite cream foundation. The real reason to buy this is for the evening out of skin color, antioxidants, and spf. I am relatively pleased.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Nice idea, nasty execution. The tint in this moisturizer is suspended in a thick, oily formula that makes it really hard to create non-streaky, convincing coverage. The titanium dioxide in this also adds a faint chalkiness to your complexion that is not made much better by the supposedly light-diffusing opalescent glitter particles. At the end of the day, my face looked like it had been smeared with some oil that had crushed Guerlain Meteorites in it, and I could actually rub my face and see the product "pill" on my fingertips. On top of this, even if it were an effective product, the transparent packaging means that the sunscreen isn't stable. I don't recommend this product, at all.

on 11/4/2012 7:30:00 PM

This is one of the thickest, heaviest tinted moisturizers I have ever used...it's more like a creamy liquid foundation, I think. Other than that, I have no complaints. Coverage is decent, and while I don't find it particularly moisturizing, it isn't drying either. I have the light to fair shade, which matches and blends nicely into my skin. It does not cover most imperfections. Mostly I use it around my eye area, just to even out my skin tone and for the SPF effects. If I need to, I use Dermablend concealer and then top it all off with mineral foundation.
As the day goes on, I don't notice any caking or creasing. Not sure if I'd buy it again, considering there are so many other options out there - and I am always on the search for that one perfect product that will turn me into a beauty queen!

I like that this comes in a tube, always a plus, as far as keeping products sanitary goes.

What I would like to know is what the deal is with BB creams? Is this a fancy new name for the tinted moisturizers that have been around for years? Doesn't seem that the ingredients are all that different.

on 8/13/2011 5:20:00 PM

As the "Glow Sheers" name implies, this is a lightweight, sheer, natural-looking foundation. If you want heavy coverage, this is not for you. But, if you need to just even your skintone a little and don't like the feel of thick makeup, this is a good choice. The SPF 30 is an added bonus and, for about $10, the price is right. My skin is generally good, but this helps me tone down subtle redness.

Really nice for the summer or a beach vacation. This one is coming with me on my cruise this June when liquid foundation and/or mineral MU isn't necessary. I wouldn't choose to use this for work though...not enough coverage for an office environment. I have the Light to Medium (shade #30) and it has the perfect yellow undertones for my skin. I put it on today for a natural weekend look, and 8 hours later, my skin still looks fresh and dewy. The yellow undertones have a great neutralizing effect on any redness.

Yes, I have blemishes and this does not provide enough coverage for those, but that's where my MAC concealer comes in. The SPF 30 is great too. I'm finding that this a step below Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer in terms of coverage, but a little more than Clinique's Sheer Tint.

on 3/26/2010 1:56:00 PM

I like tinted moisturizers and this one is spf 30 instead of 15. It is a little more coverage than I prefer and does tend to turn a little yellow, as most tinted moisturizers do. But overall I like this enough to buy it again.

on 6/21/2009 6:22:00 PM

I am usually pretty forgiving when it comes to products not performing up to my hopes and expectations but this "foundation" is proving to be unusable. I was looking for a sheer foundation/tm to use on my days off when I don't want to spend much time getting ready in the morning. I bought the lightest color and it is not only light, it's invisible. Then there is the way it dries almost immediately and when you even touch the areas where it's been applied the product balls up and almost 'peels' off. Forget buildable coverage! Lastly, after the trauma of applying it I could not believe how uncomfortable it felt. It felt as though I was literally wearing a mask, and not just for awhile--ALL DAY!! Total waste of my hard earned money.

on 4/21/2009 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I would likely not buy this again, although the reason has nothing to do with the product itself. I like this very much. But I've been doing some research on SS and one of the SS's in this causes damage to skin tissue when exposed to light. Odd, since that's the OPPOSITE affect it's supposed to have. The product itself is quite nice and I would have kept using it if not for that one particular indredient. Oxybenzone. See the Wiki link below.

on 1/31/2009 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been struggling with this product for a few weeks and finally just gave up on it. It has been difficult for me to apply evenly and not flattering on my skin. I find the color too orange and lacking in coverage.

I also tried blending it with another frustrating foundation product (one that is too light and makes me look pale, but has more blendability.) Unfortunately, the experiment didn't work.

Perhaps I've just purchased the wrong product for my skin type, but I don't know that the non-even application would work for anyone's skin.

I would not purchase this product again. I finally broke down and make a trip out to the mall (Eww) to stop by the Dior counter for a pricey, but very user-friendly and natural looking foundation.