Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers SPF 30

Filtered by age: 25-29
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers SPF 30
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers - it sucks!Neutrogena Glow Sheers in Medium to Tan 40

3.0

Active Ingredients: Homosalate (5%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (5%), Oxybenzone (2%), Titanium Dioxide (2.9%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Phenyltrimethicone, Cetyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Silica, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Barium Sulfate, Pantothenic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Squalane, Bisabolol Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Polysorbate 60, PEG 12, Dimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate, Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sobic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide

on 1/28/2014 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought this hoping it would moisturize and add a bit of color to my pale skin. The SPF was an added bonus.

It does not moisturize. It dried my skin, making it feel thin and parched, like I imagine the skin of a woman 70+ would typically feel.

It also did not add any bit of color to my face whatsoever. In fact, it made it appear even paler, with less warmth, almost like I was dead and the warmness had drained from my face.

As an added drawback, it migrated on my face over the course of the day, settling into ugly smear marks. When I tried to smooth it, it came off in my hands like your skin comes off after a shower if it's been a few days.

This stuff is awful.

on 12/7/2013 11:50:00 PM

Liked this at first... I don't know why. This is awful.. It's NOT WATERPROOF WHATSOEVER.. and when you touch your face it comes right off onto your fingers. Also, when you put it on your face is gets all chunky and weird. Hate it... And the fair- light should be light-medium for only people with yellow skin.

on 3/19/2013 9:20:00 PM

I thought this stuff was awesome right after I put it on. It gave me a radiant look and wasn't too heavy. Then a few hours later I noticed a few bumps on my face...the next day I had 5 massive zits and looked like a hormonal teenager! I don't think ANYTHING has ever made me breakout like this product. Worse than just a waste of money

on 2/15/2013 10:39:00 AM

I was looking for a tinted sunscreen and this one was cheap and got good reviews from Beautypedia. This is definitely a great tinted moisturizer and I like it better than the expensive ones I've tried, including Laura Mercier, Bare Minerals, and Dr. Jart BB cream.

PROS:
-easy to blend with fingers, even for a makeup novice like myself
-color looks really natural, even though the two I've tried (10 and 20) were too light and too dark, respectively (I'm Nude in Laura Mercier TM)
-stays on all day with no powder to set
-I get the tiniest bit oily in my forehead by the afternoon, but it's not a big deal
-cheap and easy to find

CONS:
-not enough colors
-does little to cover up my red, but to be fair, I'd need a concealer for that
-part chemical sunblock and has titanium rather than zinc oxide, which is best for broad-spectrum UVA protection
-dries out my winter skin a bit, but other foundations and sunscreens I've tried are much worse

I'd definitely buy this again. It's cheap and works really well on my dry winter skin. I may need to reevaluate for summer when my skin gets oiling in the t-zone.

on 3/6/2012 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

This product was just okay for me. It is a decent moisturizing foundation, so I used it on days when my skin is a bit dry. But they are not kidding about the sheerness of it; make sure you have a concealer for problem spots. Also I use a powder over it because it does make your skin dewy. I'm not so sure about the "glow" aspect of this; perhaps the dewiness is the glow. A positive thing about it is how high the SPF is, and it is not comedogenic.. Overall, this would be good for those with generally dry skin who don't need a lot of coverage.

on 1/9/2012 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using this for about a week now. I love it!

I'm pale, and the lightest color of this, Ivory to Fair, matches my skin tone. I don't like the shiny glow effect, but setting it with powder (NYC Smooth Skin loose powder in translucent) takes care of that.

I was looking for a tinted moisturizer with SPF 30, and this was about the only thing I found (that I was willing to pay for, anyway). It gives light coverage, and I put my powder foundation over it if I need more.

Overall, I love this product. In fact, I just bought a back-up.

EDIT: I now use ELF's HD powder with this, which helps keep the Glow Sheer from oxidizing on me. (If I notice a color change, I simply use blotting sheets, and it fixes the problem). And looking at the date I wrote this review, this has been what I've worn primarily for three months. I still love it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I don't understand the low rating for this tinted moisturizer. I really love it! I got the lightest color, and it did not make me orange (like previous reviewers commented). It is very light but still gives good coverage, evening out my skin tone without looking like I have makeup on. In fact, I forget I'm wearing makeup when I wear it. I like that it has SPF and is oil free.

*Note: I see in the photos for this product that it isn't called a tinted moisturizer, although my product says "illuminating tinted moisturizer" where the products in the photo say "natural radiant look." Perhaps the formula was changed?

UPDATE: Since trying other tinted moisturizers, I have come to realize this is not the best option out there. My face gets oily pretty quickly with this, as compared to other TMs. Oh well.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I have used this for about 3 years. I love it! This is my go to product. I purchased the Bronze Glow 50. The color blends into my MAC NC 44 Skin tone perfectly, and give a nice dewy glow. I love that it has and SPF 30 in it because in the warmer months I am in the sun more. The only thing that I donít really like about it is that I have to squeeze it into my hand b/c I donít like to use a sponge or a brush with the moisturizer because it soaks up too much of the product. But overall this is my favorite tinted moisturizer and I will continue to buy it as long as it is on the market.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought this in ivory to fair 10, and after an hour of wearing this, my face looked 3 shades darker than my neck. This is also not good for even oily skin nonetheless very oily like mine. It looked like I had rubbed my face into a bucket of KFC after about an hour. I do not recommend.

This stuff is garbage. I know it's tinted moisturizer, and not foundation, but it disappears into nothing. The big test for me is on my nose where my pores look larger. This didn't fill them in, blur them, nothing. It was as if I was just applying lotion to my face that made me look a little shiny. Save your money, don't buy this.