Wet 'n' Wild Ultimate Expressions Eyeshadow Palette - Sand Castle 396 [DISCONTINUED]

Wet 'n' Wild Ultimate Expressions Eyeshadow Palette - Sand Castle 396  [DISCONTINUED]
wetnwild san castleUltimate Expressions Eyeshadow Palette - Sand Castle 396  [DISCONTINUED]Ultimate Expressions Eyeshadow Palette - Sand Castle 396  [DISCONTINUED]Ultimate Expressions Eyeshadow Palette - Sand Castle 396  [DISCONTINUED]WnW Sand Castle

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Mica, Talc, Mineral (Paraffinum Liquidum) Oil, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Stearate, Kaolin, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol Esters, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Silica, Trimyristin, Isostearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate (in 396), Hydrogenated Polyisobutene (in 398), Tin Oxide (in 396, 398), Palmitic Acid (in 398). May Contain: Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 44792, 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Wow, Wet 'n' Wild has really upped the ante lately!
Eight eyeshadows for just a couple bucks, and the quality is surprisingly wonderful! They have really fantastic textures, very buttery, super color payoff, and they really last.
These are all super shimmery/metallic (with a couple being glittery), so the only minor disappointment here for me is that you can't really use this palette alone for a complete eye look if you want to mix other eyeshadow finishes (like mattes/satins) in with the shimmers.
But this palette is wonderful. The colors in Sand Castle are gorgeous neutrals. Really rich brown, gold, taupe, copper, and several great highlight colors.
I really wish they'd make more of these palettes.
And hats off for these being so inexpensive - they could easily charge much more for them and it would still be a worthwhile purchase.

I have only tried 4 out of the 8 shadows so far, but I feel like I understand this palette and W&W shadows already, based on my experiences and the other reviews I read online about this palette and other W&W palettes and shadows.

The price is obviously manageable for pretty much anyone who has at least SOME money for makeup. The variety is nice in my opinion because I am purposely overloading on neautral champagne/taupe/beige/mink colors to find the perfect combo. This set is so inexpensive and offers a lot of option, so it's perfect for me.

I love the mirror inside!!! it is so helpful and simple!

Two things I do not like:

1. There were tiny sparkles all over my face after using these shadows. I did my ES first to avoid this after reading about fallout in other reviews AND I even cleaned up after! no use! Be prepared to be a shimmerball or do some serious work to either prevent or clean up the mess.

2. There are no color names or number that I can see on the packaging. How am I supposed to know what I have a double of if I buy more palettes?? (I have bought 3 others and there are some that look like possible doubles, but again, no name or number, so until I OPEN and USE them I won't know. grrr...)

This is a fantastic eyeshadow palette. The colors are great, smooth, and blend well together. I love throwing this palette into my bag because so many different looks can be achieved from these 8 colors.
I kinda hate the packaging. It is bulky and has a useless mirror.
Overall a great deal for the price. I'm sad that its been discontinued

on 11/21/2010 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Pros:
-great selection of different neutral colors
-very pigmented
-comes with a mirror
-pretty inexpensive
Cons:
-quite a bit of fall-out
-most have shimmer including the white shadow which I would like to have been matte so that I could use is as a highlight
-the applicators that it comes with are not very good
-packaging is a little awkward b/c the lid does not bend all the way back, it just stops at 90 degrees.

on 10/6/2010 6:51:00 PM

Just to let everyone know, this is NOT discontinued i just bought it,not on clearance and there were 3 left on the shelf maybe its just harder to find now? Anyway,its wonderful,beautiful colors and get pigmentation.

on 5/12/2010 5:54:00 PM

I got this because of the hype. I absolutely LOVE the lighter shadows, especially the pinkish one. They do last a long time. I wish it was a little less shimmery, but ya know, if you want matte buy a matte palette. It was so inexpensive and I definitely recommend it.

on 5/3/2010 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have heard raves about this palette for a long time and finally bought it even though it didn't not look very impressive. Well, I'm still not impressed. The colors are nice neutrals but I think they're all just okay. I have hundreds of eyeshadows and there is nothing in this palette that I can't live without. I think this would be a nice palette for someone who is just starting out in makeup or doesn't have/want a hundred neutral eyeshadows. The pigmentation, although not terible, is not good and I find the shimmer a little too much for my taste. I like shimmer but this shimmer is just so blah. At least my shimmery Stila shadows are pretty, even if it's a little too much sometimes. That's not to say that I don't like shimmer but this palette just did not impress me at all and I will most likely toss it out unless I can find someone who would like to have it for free. Oh, and the packaging drives me nuts. I can't stand its bulkiness and the ridiculously sharp corners.

on 5/4/2010 11:55:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

for the $, it's pretty good. definitely worth it to check out...if you don't like it, not a huge financial loss.

on 5/2/2010 11:47:00 PM

This is a good but not great eyeshadow palette.
I was really stoked to try this out after rave reviews from makeup users and artists alike. But this definitely did not live up to those expectations.
The shades were too shimmery for my liking. The pigmentation was good but not amazing. I like the palette itself. Its a little bulky but not too bad I really like the mirror.
For the price its amazing. I do think this is a good drugstore pick as far as shadows go.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

This is probably one of the cheapest eyeshadow palettes ive purchases yet is great. I love the pigment in these eyeshadows, they bring out my eyes so much, especially the gold shadow for anyone with green eyes. Would for sure buy this again.