Davines Momo conditioner

Davines Momo conditioner

3.9

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Cetrimonium Chloride, Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Behenyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Lauryl Alcohol, Panthenol, Silybum Marianum Seed Oil, Amodimethicone, Dicaprylyl Ether, Rhizobium Gum, Tocopherol, Benzophenone - 4, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Citrate, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Potassium Sorbate, Disodium, Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Citric Acid, Ci 19140 Yellow 5, Ci 42090 Blue 1, Ci 15985 Yellow 6, Ci 16035 Red 40, Parfum Fragrance.

on 7/11/2016 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm sad and disappointed this product could not work. It's marketed as a conditioner for dry and damaged hair. My hair while healthy is dry and can be unruly due to it's fineness. I've tried this multiple ways and at best it's okay but leaves my hair feeling dry and at worst it comes out a gummy mess that's frizzy, unmanageable, and won't dry for hours. After prolonged use the dryness got worse and the product built up in my hair leaving it dull and terrible. I should not have to struggle with a product for this price and so will not be using again. And along with the issues above due to a lot of the oils in this product my sensitive skin broke out along the hairline as well as across my shoulders. If you choose to use this product be warned and rinse well.

on 11/9/2015 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I'm loving this conditioner right now! Especially in tandem with the shampoo. Very thick consistency, beautiful smell, and you only need a small amount. Makes hair easy to comb through wet, silky and softer. This is worth the hype for a reason. I have a bunch of the small squeeze bottles not the tub. I can see why people would think the tub is hard to work with. My fiancé and I both love Davines. Beautiful, eco friendly products!

To Read all 23 Reviews, Login or Join

This nasty green piece of glob with the nasty smell is actually a very decent conditioner. Good enough to overlook the gross smell! It's easy to work with, easy to distribute in hair and it rinses out reasonably well. Results in very manageable, silky, glossy soft hair, from the first use. Sometimes it's hard to stop running hands through hair, it's that nice! Does not necessarily need the Momo shampoo (that one is a bit average) to achieve the result, so it's a good stand-alone conditioner. Only negative points are that it needs a good cleansing shampoo as it manages to build up rather quickly and the fragrance is unpleasant and does not really fade away. Other than that it's great.

on 7/4/2012 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My hair is of medium thickness (have plenty of hair but each strand is not terribly thick), ombre-highlighted, and chest-length.

This stuff ain't cheap. There's no getting around it.

BUT ... I've used this only twice now, and have seen noticeable differences in my hair. It's more manageable to blow out, combs right through once I'm out of the shower, and my hair continues to feel soft after I'm done blowing out my hair. My hair feels silky when rinsing this out, and not like an oil-slick like you get with cheap conditioners that just coat your hair in stuff. I've used it with John Masters Organics Evening Primrose shampoo (I'm VERY particular about hair products ... must be as close to chemical- and soap-free as possible and high quality) and have had great results.

But again, like I said, this stuff costs quite the buck. I purchased it at the salon counter after an appointment without knowing the price. Had I known the price, I probably wouldn't have bought it. :/

on 6/13/2012 4:57:00 PM

MoMo conditioner is for Dry and Damaged hair. Sadly, this is the WORST thing I've used on my hair since drugstore cheap-crap (some $1.50 product for Dry and Damaged hair). Made my hair gummy when wet. Used with the matching shampoo AND with a different shampoo and still gummy. Applied usual styling products, blew it out and wow, a nightmare: frizzy as hell, felt dry and coarse.

CAN NOT say how bad this was. Now, maybe if I didn't have dry, coarse hair that is colored to begin with, it would be great. But if you're buying based on the recommendation/type of hair you have that is on the product, HOLY MOLY.. this is the WORST thing.

on 2/28/2012 2:38:00 PM

I have very fine, wavy hilighted hair that is very easily tangled & damaged. I bought this conditioner on the advice of a stylist and I cannot overstate how useless this product was for my hair type.

I really wanted to like it, but after rinsing it out, I couldn't even run a wide tooth comb through my hair. I had to get back in the shower and soak my hair in Sebastian Penitrait mask to get it untangled! I'm happy that it worked for other people, but if you have hair like mine, you might want to make sure you can return it before you fork out your hard earned cash!

on 11/28/2011 12:27:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Thick, green, comforting, works. I like it enough. I like the texture and it does soften my hair and I use it daily. I just wish it was better packaged (it could be worse though, the jar could not seal tight and have water leak in all the time, so good thing it does) and that you get more product.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I used this with the Momo shampoo. (read review for that)
The conditioner is great! I tease my hair (not jersey style) But a few here and there with hairspray, usually in the shower i have to brush my hair out with conditioner, but with this. no way! it takes all the tangles out..your hair will feel silky and bouncy! I'm surprised at some of the bad reviews, but everyone's hair is different. =)
I was hooked on the sample, I ordered a tub last night....yes a tub.. Not crazy about getting a tub of conditioner I wish it was a bottle like the shampoo.
It Is very very pricey, well for me it is for an 8oz.. but i figured id splurge for the little ones before i decide to buy the huge bottles as ive been using cheap sham+cond lately (kpak keratins)
If your thinking of getting a duo, i would defiantly do research online before running to the salon to buy it for top price. usually you can find promo codes and things :) love them!

on 3/30/2011 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Momo is thick, creamy, green, fresh-smelling and somewhat moisturizing. I use it with the matching shampoo. I get better results when I use the shampoo and conditioner together. Using the conditioner alone doesn't give me the end result I want. My hair is thick, coarse, curly and I heat style everyday. My hair is left shiny and soft and bouncy. I would repurchase the conditioner and the shampoo as a set, but wouldn't purchase on their own. I hate the packaging. I dropped the jar and it cracked so I had to put it in another container. Why they can't put it in a tube is beyond me.

PROS:
- leaves hair shiny
- gorgeous fresh green scent
- creamy texture, easy to apply

CONS:
- very light, not enough moisture
- strong smell that lingers

OTHER THOUGHTS:
I've just finished a tub of this conditioner and I am not too impressed with it. It's very light and isn't effective enough to keep my normal virgin hair moisturized on a daily basis. If used together with Davines Momo Shampoo it left my hair dry and unruly. Overall I would recommend it for oily/normal hair only. Price-wise, Redken Clear Moisture Conditioner produces the same results but costs less. Would not repurchase.