Davines Love Conditioner

Davines Love Conditioner

4.4

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Cetrimonium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Borago Officinalis Extract, Oryza Sativa Cera/Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Amodimethicone, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides Citrate, Tocopherol, Benzophenone-4, Propylene Glycol, Tricedeth-12, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid, CI 14700/Red 4, CI 42090/Blue 1, Parfum/Fragrance.

on 11/16/2016 7:02:00 AM

I LOVE THIS CONDITIONER!!!

I have thick, wiry, unruly, curly, frizzy hair which can look really nice with the right products or absolutely awful with the wrong stuff.

I buy this conditioner in the largest size available (salon size) on Amazon and it lasts months. You don't need much and I leave it in for 10 minutes or so. I then use a kerastase serum and a light mousse and go to bed with it wet.

With this regime my hair is so soft, even at the ends (which haven't been cut for ages) and the curls are defined and non frizzy. It smells lovely and my hair is smooth and looks great. I took a break from this to try other products and they were all terrible (especially the kerastase smoothing shampoo and conditioner which is supposed to suit my hair type totally). Now I;m back on this and will never change.

No pun intended but I LOVE this. HG HG. My fine hair is super damaged now from going platinum and it needs extra attention and care. What I love about this conditioner is how thick and rich it is, you only need a little bit, and that although it makes your hair soft it doesn't weigh it down. My hair has volume and is soft and shiny. The smell is really nice too. Will always have this in my shower.

To Read all 63 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I used to sell Davines in one salon I worked at and we would get the most positive feedback on this product from blondes and women with very chemically damaged hair. They loved this conditioner. I love this conditioner. It's a very thick conditioner, so I make sure to squeeze some water out of my hair before applying and then I start on my ends, raking it through with my fingers, adding more as I go (if needed).

I leave it on as I soap myself and do my whole shower. It smells lovely, like roses. I don't use the shampoo because it has sulfate. If I remember right, I think the sulfate is from olives (?) Either way, I try and stay away from sulfate.

My hair is so soft, I have super thick hair, this just does it for me!

One thing I don't like is the packaging. It's cheap and the lid just kills me. If you're paying the high price for this conditioner, you should get a better container.

on 10/18/2014 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I don't care that this conditioner is expensive (I bought a liter bottle) because it's worth every single penny! A little goes a long way, and it smells so very good and grapefruity, and it works magic in long wavy thick hair. I told my husband the price is justified because I can easily use an inexpensive shampoo (tonight I used VO5 vanilla mint) and have a lovely conditioner because my hair is my "thing" and we want it to look good, right? It must be treated special right? Wink wink ;-) he just shakes his head and I win! After all only I know what is best for my hair. I highly recommend this product and will definitely purchase again. Personally I adore the minimalist packaging plain and everything! Very thick and creamy product really softens and smooths hair. One of the best conditioners available!
Addition 1/12/15:
I use this conditioner as a leave in after shampooing. A very expensive conditioner in a liter bottle like this will last a very long time when used this way. After washing with any shampoo (tonight I used Old Spice Kickstart shampoo!) but using no conditioner and microfiber towel drying my hair, I use a nickel size amount rubbed between my hands (product will turn thick and white but don't worry-it will absorb completely) and rubbed into my long hair, then blow dry. The heat works the product in I think and wow is it good! The scent lasts too. This is one of my very favorite conditioners ever, and used strategically and economically it is an excellent choice of hair products. At night after making my sleeping braid I even apply a little more to the end of the braid after the hair tie goes in. I transferred some into a small container for easier use so I can easily scoop out the desired amount. Again, the scent is heavenly to me!
UPDATE 4/20/16: Yup! Still using SAME BOTTLE! Lol as you can see I will NOT waste one drop of this beautiful product. I still cannot get over the scent-so grapefruity roses I don't know but one of my favorite scents of anything ever!
Found another way to use this conditioner and really make it last: mix some with distilled water in a spray bottle and use as leave in spray! 1 part conditioner to 3 parts water and I suggest blending before pouring it into the 8 oz spray bottle because if you just pour each separately into the bottle and try to shake it, the conditioner will not mix properly. Trial and error and of course you can use whatever ratio conditioner and water suits you best.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I was a bit apprehensive on trying this because I really was not a fan of the shampoo. However, after reading all the positive feedback, I decided to give it a try. I let my hair air dry and put not product whatsoever in it. (My hair is typically wavy with frizzy tendencies, especially if I wear it up.) It looks so sleek and smooth without weighing my hair down! I am so impressed! The scent is something that initially bothered me, but catching little whiffs of it all day long has made it grow on me. (I believe the scent is Fig?) I took away a lippie for both price and my undecided feelings on the scent, which usually isn't a deal breaker for me anyway. I have absolutely changed my mind about this brand and can't wait to try other products now!

on 6/25/2014 7:45:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This conditioner is worth every penny. After the first use my hair felt so soft and manageable. It's made a huge difference in my CG routine. Only thing id change is the packaging in the big bottle. Can be hard to get out and use small amounts.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The look if this mask made me a little grossed out to be honest but i pretty good, actully really good. When I rinse I hair really feels like something great was done to it.

I am kind of in the middle with this product. I randomly came across this brand and decided on the Love cond and shamp. It does feel nice in the shower but i dont see an incredible difference when i dry my hair. Def not worth the price and the size. even though you do only need a little bit of product. When i run out i won't be repurchasing.

on 10/29/2013 11:52:00 AM

I was hesitant to buy this because of the price, but all of a sudden my hair was being out of control frizzy lately even though I baby it in every way (limited washing, limit harsh detergents and products that build up, hair masks, periodic clarifying, limited heat styling, etc etc). This and the matching Love shampoo have had an instant, amazing effect on my hair. The plastic tub is not the best packaging, but otherwise this stuff is fantastic. Smells nice, too. Really cut the frizz down!!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I've only used this conditioner twice but I already love it! It makes my hair feel really soft and manageable afterwards. I don't need to use a lot of it, even though my hair is really thick. I find that a little dollop works into my hair very well and distributes evenly.

I've mostly been using cheaper conditioners without harsh ingredients or parabens (Organix brand) but none of them have made my hair as soft and tangle free. Although this conditioner is pricey at $27.50 for 8 oz. and contains several different kinds of parabens, I still think it's worth it. Most of my beauty products are paraben-free anyway, so I don't feel like using this product would be that much of an added "risk."

This conditioner smells like sweet oranges, which I like very much, although the smell doesn't linger in my hair once it's dry. The tub is a little inconvenient to use while in the shower, but I think it's really cute sitting in my shower :)

Overall, this is a great buy for someone like me who has really thick, dry hair and heat styles every other day.