Revlon Molten Metal Liquid Shadow in Platinum Pinup

4.8

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I LOVE this shadow so much that I bought another after the first one I got! It's a very shimmery metallic light brown color, good for either day or night wear. It's a very thin liquid but dries completely so I don't have any problems with it creasing or sliding around like with other liquid or cream eyeshadows.

UPDATE: I've been using this for a while now and wanted to to a REAL review on this because I love it so much. The color is a sort of taupe color with hints of gold and pink shimmer. If I apply this on my lid and don't blend it, it really does look like liquid metal. Despite looking shimmery in the tube it is downright METALLIC when applied. Where this product really excels for me is in the versatility of it. You can apply it straight on your eye for a very metallic effect, but you can also blend it out and it turns into a medium shimmery brown. The texture is very liquidy but if you don't apply alot it's very easy to blend with your finger, and it can be blended with an eyeshadow brush if you let it dry a little bit. I love to use this when I want a nice eyeshadow look to define my eye but don't want to use a bunch of shadows and brushes. I can apply this on my lid and blend it upwards so that I have the metallic effect on my lid and the darker, shimmery color in my crease, I get the effect of wearing two shadows with the ease of applying one! And because it's a very thin liquid that dries completely, I don't even have to use a primer or base with it.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I don't know if these are D/C, but I just felt the urge to write a review after wearing mine today. On me, this is a silvery taupe with a tiny hint of plummy bronze. It is gorgeous on brown eyes, and would most likely suit any eye color. I dab it on with the wand, and then blend out with my fingertip. Then I add just a little bit of eye shadow on top to set it using a fluffy brush (the one I have is from Mally.) Gorgeous!! Very shimmery but not OTT. Lasts most of the day too on my slightly oily lids.

I have all of these, each one is kind of a take-off on the one before, but they are ALL gorgeous! This one goes on bronzey beige and can be layered for a more intense effect. Looks beautiful and subtley shimmery on, but the it is so pretty. Another plus with these is that they last all day long and into the evening, with little or no touch-ups. Worth every single penney they charge for these! Great stuff.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This is exactly like my Uptown Visions liquid eye shadows that I bought from CVS last year, but it comes in a nicer larger tube and costs twice as much. This is a rich, intense shimmery fawn liquid that turns into a long-lasting shadow once it drives. It's VERY shiny and it lasts all day. Best to use a light touch.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

i still hate the wand - apply it on your finger, then work from there. The wand is simply ridiculous; it always applies too much and it's hard to blend it afterwards.

The colour is gorgeous. Mix this with either the Bronze or the Copper, with the platinum on your entire lid (not exactly right up to your eyebrows) and the bronze/copper in your crease. Just beautiful. I usually use revlon's high dimension soft eyeliner pencils in garnet flash or copper flash to line my eyes which just finishes it beautifully, but for the dramatic look, i metal my eyes up, then i rim my eyes, also along the inside of the lash line, in black liner (cheap, good old rimmel exaggerate works perfectly well) for that cleopatra look.

GORGEOUS!

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I have Molten Metal (and Bedroom Eyes Powder Shadow) in every single color. This product is about to be discontinued (along with the Bedroom Eyes ). I am currently in Texas and the other day, I paid $3.19 for each Molten Metal ($2.59 for the Bedroom Eyes). I am new to wearing make-up but at a price like that....you can't beat it!!! I know that every Walgreen's doesn't have this sale. I checked and 2 out of 3 where I am had them.It's worth a shot..... These shadows are freakin' awesome. I paid for 4 of them what I would've paid for one!!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Another winner! This is probably the most neutral of the four shades I own. It's like a taupy-silver on my lids. I love it! Can be worn everyday and when it dries, it has the most amazing pigment and lasts!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

These are pretty pricey for a d/s item but the 'molten metal' name intrigued me and the one tester, being the Platinum one, was gorgeous! Anyone who loves a shimmery taupe will love this, if you don't mind the liquid application. It looks at first like a taupey platinum powders sitting at the bottom of a clear liquid in a thick clear lucite tube with a doefoot applicator. Shake it up to mix and apply, blending quickly with your fingers if you wish. It does set fast and stays all day. The shimmer is quite pretty without being a hard on metallic glare but more of a softer metallic sheen which can be layered for intensity. I've never seen anything quite like this and I've got the Bronze Bomber one as well. I'd love to get the Copper and Silver ones but I think I'll wait for a sale since these babies tip the scale at $15.49 Cdn a pop. (Thank goodness for SDM 20x points days eh?)

I just picked these up on sale at CVS today for $9. Still kind of expensive for something from CVS. I really like the color, but its alot more sheer than I thought it would be. Will be great for daytime. Im gonna play around with it to try to make it more intense.

I was really suprised by this eyeshadow. I'm not a really big fan of liquid/cream ect eyeshadow but this one is simply beautiful and so versatile. At first I thought that colour will be too pinkish for my complexion (blonde hair, meduim-fair skin and greenish brown eyes) but the colour looked really unique, not too OTT and made my eye colour brighter by bringing out the green hues. It is not one of those eyeshadown that will get used only few times per year--it can be worn during day by applying just a sheer wash of colour and blending it, or at night by building the colour up.