E.L.F. Shy

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Although I'm a big fan of E.L.F. brushes and their new contour palette, I've heard some of their other products are pretty hit-and-miss and unfortunately this blush didn't exactly rock my world. I can't say I regret buying it for $2 and I can't say it looked bad but aside from that there's not much to celebrate.
The color is, even on my rather fair skin, a light pink that threatens to look chalky just because it applies so pale. It is, in actuality a bit lighter than it appears in the pan so be prepared for that.
The color is very subtle with a slight shimmer and isn't very buildable. Depending on your skin tone, this would work well for a simple or natural makeup look. The blush isn't very long-wearing but does leave a bit of shimmer behind.
I would say that the price and the subtle prettiness of the color are its two biggest strongpoints, but overall a thoroughly mediocre blush otherwise. I did wish that the color, which in itself is lovely, would blend in and warm up my face a bit more, but it remained a bit powdery and didn't last long as a result. For $2 I didn't expect, or get, any miracles, but I will be generous and offer 3 lippies since it didn't set me back any big bucks :)

on 10/17/2014 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

It is very chalky and quite powdery as well but the color is beautiful 😊

on 3/6/2013 1:42:00 AM

I purchased this blush for $2 off the ELF website since ELF is not available in Canada. This is a lovely baby pink for fair skinned people. It's not overly pigmented and not overly buildable so it may not show up well on darker tone skins unfortuntly. Here's my thoughts on this product
Pros
-beautiful colour does not turn orangy throughout day
-amazing price
-applies very nice
-gives cheeks a perfect rosey flush
Cons
-not very pigmented
-very powdery so you tend to have a lot of fallout
-packaging contains a brush which really is pointless and waste of space
-didn't last entire day (but for $2 you can more the afford to reapply throughout day)
Overall great blush definitely will repurchase. It's a great everyday colour for light skinned people. I removed a lipstick based on lack of pigmentation and waste of packaging by adding the useless brush.
Oh and I'm not sure why the complaints on packaging size the blush I received is a fair size and contains a good amount of product. Maybe ELF recently changed the packaging then cause it looks nothing like the product picture for this review.

Pretty blush. 'Shy' is a soft, pale baby-pink shade, which goes on with the tiniest hint of shimmer and gives a really subtle wash of colour. Because it's such a gentle tone, I think it'd work well with many different combinations of eye and lip colours. I love using this for a really natural, 'no makeup' look.

I'm very pale so I love the fact I don't have to worry about being heavy-handed with 'Shy' (impossible as the colour is so muted) and I love the subtle glow I get wearing this, but I'm not sure how well it would show up on darker skin tones.

You don't get much product in the box, but I don't mind that since it's really cheap at only 1.50 and I really like the blush. I do find the texture rather chalky, but it looks fine once it's actually on the skin. Yes to a re-purchase!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

The product itself is good, but the packaging is so small you can't even get enough product on your brush.

on 12/23/2011 9:26:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Too powdery, packaging is awful. But the colour is really nice.

on 9/14/2011 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

DUPE ALERT: this is a veryy close runner up for Mac's famous Well Dressed blush. Its slightly less pigmented but definetly the same shade, I think its closer than the more raved L'oreal true match in Baby Blossom--that one is a bit shimmery instead. Its a soft pink that shows up on my NW25 skin & my sister of NW35--she needs to layer it on but it shows up beautifully.It is chalky so beware..

on 3/25/2011 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I really like the color for everyday wear, very natural and looks very pretty:)

although its contents are very few and very powdery but never mind, because the price is very cheap

on 1/18/2011 3:30:00 PM

This is the first blush I really like!

The colour is perfect for my fair skin, and it is buildable if you want to go for a stronger pink tone.

Easy to blend, goes on smootly.

Looks very natural on my skin tone and would suit darker ones as well, I think.

Unbeatable price :-)

However, it is a bit chalky and I find it doesn't last so long on my skin.

Still very good for the price.

Awesome stuff!!! Silky texture :D So worth it.

Popular Blush Products