Clarins Multi Active Night Cream

Clarins Multi Active Night Cream
Clarins Multi Active Night Cream LightClarins Multi Active Night Cream Light

3.9

aqua; cetearyl isononanoate; dimethicone; isonylisonoanoate; glycerin; cetearyl alcohol; butlyne glcol; buryospermum parkii (shea butter) glyceryl stearate; peg-100 stearate; cetearyl glucoside; phenoxyethanol; parfum/fragrance; carbomer; ehylhexyglecerin; tocopheryl acetate; tromethamine; hydrolyzed ceratonia siliqua seed extract; disodium EDTA; caprylic/capric trigyceride; actindia chenensis (kiwi) fruit extract; sodium benzoate; termus termophillus ferment; glutamylamidoethyl imidazole; potassium sorbate; rhodiola rosea root extract; sodium laryl sulfate; sorbic acid

on 2/16/2017 12:39:00 PM

i bought the new relase with the gold cup normal to dry

its make me severe allergic !!!...my face look like peel of orange - i didnt go to work in this day, it was horrible

so dissapoint cuz i never get any allergic from pther clarnis product

btw- after 1 month i use it again hopefuly its wont happen again ... but guess what

not recommand at all!

on 11/8/2016 10:43:00 AM

I have been using this night cream every day for the last month. I'm quite disappointed with it - even though I bought the 'combination to dry' version, I've still found that my skin is dry and tight when I wake up in the morning. It is quite thin in consistency compared to my previous night cream (by Clinique, which was discontinued). Given the price I expected more, and I won't be buying again.

on 9/25/2016 11:26:00 PM

I love this night cream. The scent is really nice and not too strong. It absorbs quickly into my skin and my skin looks and feels great in the morning. I also like the packaging and the fact that its in a glass jar. Not sure if it does anything in way of wrinkles but i have retinol for that. It is on the pricey side so i am in search of a dupe but nothing has come close yet. It feels very luxurious.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This review is for the 'normal/combination' formula. I seriously regret having spent over £40 on this. I only bought it because I got a lot of freebies, but still. Most of the freebies weren't very good at all. Having tried a lot of Clarins facial products, I don't think they are anything special.

I first decided to look into this night cream when I was given a sample. My skin was very dry from other products and this moisturiser soothed my skin and hydrated it very well. My skin got back to normal and was looking moisturised and glowy. However, I then bought a jar and after continued use it became too much to my skin. It is quite heavy for a cream for normal/combination skin. It is not a thick cream but it is too rich for me. It worked when my skin was drier but when it was back to normal it was too much. It caused congestion and a flare up of pimples on my chin. I stopped using it, used it again one night and in the morning I had pimples again.

Even though I liked this cream at first, I must say it smells quite intense and the smell started bothering me. Also, the packaging is not only unhygienic but also not very functional. It's heavy, it's designed so that cream accumulates on the sides under the opening... and it's just awkward to hold.

I seriously doubt that this moisturiser is all Clarins makes it out to be. The ingredients are not stellar and the jar doesn't keep the antioxidants stable. I think this is nice moisturiser for drier skin, yes, but I don't think it's worth the price considering it will only moisturise. That being said, it's quite hard to find an effective moisturiser for mostly normal (combination in the Summer) skin that is also prone to hormonal acne. So if this worked, I'd be willing to put up with the terrible jar packaging, the annoying fragrance and the exorbitant price. It didn't, so I am using it up on my neck.

Overall I think this is a nice yet overpriced basic moisturiser. It feels luxurious and is nice to use but I don't think it will do all that Clarins claims. It's too rich my skin. My problem area is my chin, but this is too rich overall. I think Clarins products feel very luxurious but a lot of them are too rich. I imagine ladies with drier skin would love this!

Edit 23/06/16: Even though this is too rich for nightly use for me, it really does hydrate very well. When my skin got terribly dry and rough from using Avene Cleanance Expert and it was sore, I didn't know what to do! I found a deluxe sample of this on my stash and it really did a very good job of getting my skin back to normal. This is a great moisturiser, it is just too rich for me to use every night and the smell is too strong for me. However, even though the smell is quite noticeable, it is a nice smell. Nonetheless, I can see why many people rate it.

Edit 31/08/16: Ok, so now I am using a retinoid gel and my skin was starting to peel and feel very dry (even though I was only using it once every 3 nights). So I decided to use a sample that I had of this, remembering how effective it had been in the past, when my skin was dried out by treatments. Big mistake. My chin, which is my problem area and was mostly clear with only some closed comedones, erupted in a mountain size papule and many small pustules. This moisturiser hydrates very well, however it is also very rich.

Shea butter is very high on the list, and even though this ingredient is theoretically non-comedogenic, I have never been able to use a moisturiser containing shea butter for more than a few days, I always ended up breaking out. Caudalie moisturising sorbet, La Roche Posay Effaclar H (European version) and numerous others, they all made me breakout. It seems I am very sensitive to both shea butter and squalane. Even vegetal squalane. It goes to show that even though there are very useful databases out there of comedogenic ingredients, the more reliable ones based on scientific studies, it is still important for people to learn what can be problematic for their own skin. And don't let sales assistants tell you x or y ingredient is ok, if you know it makes you break out, stick to your guns :)

on 6/22/2015 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I have used Clarins multi-active products for 9 years and this line of products is great for combo sensitive skin. If you use this night cream you will wake up with plump skin and look beautiful but it is temporary. I used to use this exclusively but because of the lack of anti aging ingredients and the rise in price I will only use on occasion when I want the effect that this particular product creates. If you can only try one product from Clarins try this night cream or the orange one step exfoliating cleanser.

on 5/29/2015 11:01:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is a great night cream. I usually use the regular Clarins hydraquench cream without spf for both during the day and the night. The hydraquench is more than adequate for my combination skin (oily t zone, very dry cheeks) and I'm very happy with it.

But somehow, this is just so much better for night time use. It feels much more moisturising, yet the consistency is still light and it absorbs into the skin very easily and quickly - like all clarins moisturisers. I feel as though this genuinely has more skincare benefits too. However, this does have added fragrance. Its very light and quite lovely, but if your skin is sensitive to fragrance then this and most of the Clarins range is probably unsuitable.

Overall, if your skin needs the extra moisture, if you want a separate night cream and day cream, or if you have mature skin then I think you will love this. It's truly a lovely cream. But it is 14 extra than the hydraquench cream, and it ads up to buy both a night cream and a day cream. I do think it is worth the money is worth the money if you have it spare. But for combination-oily skins, it is not essential and the hydraquench range is more than good enough.

Lastly do not be afraid to ask clarins for samples! They almost always give them out. Also, If you buy a couple of products from Clarins online, they have great deals on so you can get travel sizes of this product and others plus free samples. I usually get the hydraquench serum, the oils and this for free with my purchases, because they are some of my favourites from the range..

This product is a little rich for my combo skin. The scent is a little strong as well. It does absorb well but made me break out a little. I've had better night creams than this one. Not horrrible but nothing special.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This product is amazing. I have only been using it for 2days but the fine line in my forehead has diminished, my skin looks more plump, I have this healthy glow, and my face feels so smooth. I can just imagine how my skin will respond with continued use! It's quite expensive, ladies. Totally out of my budget but worth every penny! If you have fine lines and a drab complexion you definitely should splurge on a jar. Drier skin types should go for the comfort cream version of this product.

on 11/17/2014 9:56:00 AM

My friend gave me a tube of this product and it took awhile before i used it coz i was finishing my opened jar of moisturizer. To my surprise, i loved this product the first time i used it because of its scent and not being heavy on my skin. A big plus is when my co workers started noticing the glow on my face. Every time i wake up in the morning, i see a nice and fresh looking skin.I just love this product! Im definitely getting another tube of this!

on 11/16/2014 11:05:00 AM

I tried a sample, and really liked the scent. It is not greasy and absorbs well, but did break me out slightly (it was probably a bit too rich for my skin.)