L'Oreal Telescopic Liquid Eyeliner

L'Oreal Telescopic Liquid Eyeliner
Telescopic Liquid EyelinerTelescopic Liquid Eyeliner

2.6

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I don't understand the negative reviews. I've switched to this from the very popular Infallible gel liner because I was tired of the thicker texture of gel liners and wanted something more lightweight and workable. This was it. I love the pointed precision applicator, and I have found absolutely NONE of the problems listed in the negative reviews below (and I am pretty picky about things like that). All I can think is that either those reviewers got a bad batch, or it's been recently reformulated since those reviews were written. I've used a lot of products from a wide range of companies and price points, and this is probably the best eyeliner I've ever used yet. It goes on beautifully and stays exactly where I put it. I have it in both Charcoal and Black. I had tried other liquid liners from L'Oreal several years ago and was similarly disappointed, so for me this one, bought on a whim, was a very pleasant surprise. It's my new favorite. My only complaint is that they don't make the deep blue shade that they offer in the Infallible gel formula. When I want to wear that shade, I still use that product for now, but would happily switch if they started making that color in Telescopic. For the record, I have the non-waterproof version.

on 7/20/2016 11:37:00 PM

The. Absolute. Worst. Now I see why it was marked down. Straight into the bin. Phooey. And shame on L'Oreal for putting such a total dud on the market.

To Read all 174 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is by FAR the worst eyeliner I have ever used. I got the waterproof and the non water proof because it was deeply discounted at my local Fred Meyer. OMG. I wouldn't pay 25 cents for this! Not only is it streaky and doesn't have solid color, it doesn't stay on your eye lid, it just comes off in pieces. To top it off its extremely hard to get off your eyelid.

on 1/16/2016 6:46:00 PM

Since I was just starting to play with liquid eyeliners I decided to go with this one in Carbon Black. At first I thought it was a good product but once I started trying other eyeliners I changed my mind. This product goes on very streaky and light. I have to go over it multiple times to get a decent shade of black. Also, it's very watery even after I tried to shake the product before applying.

on 12/21/2015 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Is this eyeliner a joke? Wow aside from the terrible applicator, the consistency??? Omg the consistency it's like the water left over after using a black watercolor dose it stay? Absolutely not for 5 seconds. Wow what a absolute waste of money!!

on 10/5/2015 1:18:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I bought the dark brown 830 they produced and it was good for a while. Thick and wet line that stayed for the whole day. It was a pretty nice formula!

But after about several months of on-and-off use, it started to turn all watery. There was no color payoff at all. Gradually, the line started to fade and eventually it didn't even show up on my lid at all. Literally turned into water or something.
Also, this eyeliner isn't good for the sleek, pointy effect. Altho, if you're skilled enuf, it's possible.

I'm a junior in high school, so my mom bought me this product again and when I opened it, the felt tip was broken... it came out in half -_- wtheck. Idk if I broke it, or it was manufactured that way. Complete waste. Color still works tho, and I guess i can use a blunted edge... GAH, ridiculous. FRUSTRATING!

Pros: --- None its that bad Cons: - Its not waterproof at all. Once grazed by water, it instantly sheds. No joke! It peels off your eyes. Very disappointed - Application is difficult because of the tip. Claims to be easier to apply, but isn't. The tip is elongated for a more "easier" application but, it gets tricky when you want a cat wing. - Often flakes off your eyes and on to your cheek. :(

on 6/29/2015 5:36:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Okay lets talk about the problem which is the applicator. It is a stiff wand with an angled side. There is no flexibility at all, so if your used to applying your eyeliner in one or two strokes this won't do, don't get me started on adding a wing.

However, If you scrape off excess from the tip and use short strokes it gets the job done, stays all day long too. (Top lash line only)

Having said that in this price range there are better eyeliners out there without the aggravation.

on 12/11/2014 9:17:00 AM

This is the worst liquid eyeliner ever. The applicator is so stiff you cannot put it on your eyelids. I am so disappointed as I use a lot of L'Oreal products. This product needs to go back to the drawing board...what a waste of my money this turned out to be.

I think I have repurchased the L'oreal (non-waterproof formula) felt-tipped liner five times! I plan to pickup my sixth bottle (bottle, right...?) of this liner again shortly after many trials and but mostly errors of other felt tip liners. Here's why:
1. Non-flexible, sturdy tip! This eyeliner isn't going to flick off to the side or upward while applying. Other versions of the felt-tip liner are FLIMSY and I end up having to correct the line by making it thicker when it flicks around and gets all JAGGED. :(
2. Non-watered-down opacity. Sorry but if your black eyeliner isn't opaque, it's going to look grey, or some lesser than black shade, and that's just not as defining as I like my eye-liner. It's actually one of the biggest things I've noticed with ANY kind of liquid eyeliner on most people- the blackness just isn't intense enough.
3. Preciseness. This isn't a "smudged" look. The line is straight and to the point.
4. Stays put for the most part. I don't purchase the waterproof version which I find to be too dry. The regular version is more moisturizing and less likely to dry/flake. But it does stay put for more than 6 hours for me, maybe not at the pool, but definitely lasts for a work or school setting.