CLARINS Extra Firming Night Cream

CLARINS Extra Firming Night Cream
Clarins Extra Firming Night CreamClarins Extra Firming Night CreamClarins Extra Firming Night CreamExtra Firming Night Cream

4.2

on 11/18/2018 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is a fantastic night cream!... I wake up w/ a super silky soft plump face. No residue is left overnight absorbs fairly quickly too. Lovely clean scent. Frosted glass jar packaging- appears to have been revamped almost going for a rose gold appearance but softer. I bought this jar, the same time as the day cream (in the same line) and I have finished this jar first. (I apply a lot more cream at night than I do with day creams). This is a winner night cream!

on 4/18/2017 9:01:00 AM

Lovely product that worked well for me over the years.
It's a thick cream and a little goes a long way.
Works well to moisturize.
Not a fan of the fragrance that is rather strong.
Have a preference now for non-scented products, so won't repurchase unless there is a fragrance-free version of this cream.

I recently purchased the extra firming night cream in the Clarins range. Depending on the needs of your skin, the range has options for combination, dry or very dry skin. Since my skin has been slightly drier this Winter, I chose the cream suited for very dry skin. The cream is really moisturising and only a small amount is needed per application. In the morning, my skin felt soft, smooth and well moisturised. Dry patches around my nose and the tight feeling in my skin, which has surfaced since using the Bobbi Brown serum foundation (I suspect it's the lavender in the Bobbi product) had disappeared. I was quite impressed by this Clarins moisturizer and would definitely look to repurchasing despite the price. Wonder why Clarins continues to sell creams in jars as opposed to bottle with pump dispensers?

on 4/14/2014 9:20:00 AM

I use the 'Special for Dry Skin' version of this cream and it is one of the best night cream I have ever used. I have dry, sensitive skin and it is difficult to find a product that is effective for both of these conditions but this cream is perfect. It has a lovely rich, velvety texture and goes on like a dream and I wake up with soft, clear, even toned skin. I would highly recommend this to anyone with dry sensitive skin. A bit pricey, but well worth it.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My go-to night time cream! i wake up to soft, even, skin, no breakouts from this product, pleasant smelling! even though i'm only 29 yrs old with barely any wrinkles, i make sure i take care of skin to prevent further signs of aging. My only complaint with these jar creams is i wish it came with a spatula coz it's so unsanitary to dip ur fingers. Scoop it out with qtips!

This review is for the new product, with the golden cap.
I just began using night cream a few years ago, when I realized I needed round the clock anti-aging treatment.
I use this on top of Lotus Face Treatment Oil, so I don't need to use much. I do find that my skin looks both smoother and firmer in the morning. Of course, it feels and smells like heaven so it's a nice way to end the day.
I have to disclose that this cream does have a tendency to make me a bit itchy. I'm sure this is because I have some kind of sensitivity to one of the ingredients and not because it's a bad product. But I would recommend that you sample it before plunking down close to $90 for a full jar.

on 1/4/2013 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Great stuff!!!. Definitely will buy again. I absolutely adore Clarins skincare products.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is my first time using a Clarins product. I have to say I'm delighted, absolutely delighted with this cream. The fragrance is light, the cream is just the right texture and it seems to melt into my skin. Upon awakening, I can see a difference in my skin. It has a slight radiance to it that seems almost like a glow from within and my cheeks are ever so pink naturally. Upon first using this night cream, I did notice a slight tingling. Not enough to be concerned, and no redness appeared, so I was not worried. I'd describe the tingling as a "working tingling". The next morning there was nothing but radiance, as I said. It's not greasy and my skin is post-menopausal. Not dry, but not greasy either. Almost a combination skin and when adding moisturizers after my serums, my skin can become greasy, depending on the product. Clarins did not make my skin oilier, it melted right in and made my skin feel good. It seems as if there are light-diffusing properties to it, also. The product does have some natural ingredients in it, so check the label. As far as diminishing those crows feet, I'm not expecting miracles. I've earned those. And those pesky fine lines that are now appearing? I'm not sure if Clarins is helping or not, but it is helping in making my general skin tone look good, look healthy and well-cared for in the long run. There are products out there to deal for specific issues. I'd say this does firm my skin, most assuredly. The reason I gave a 2 to the packaging is because of the jar. To keep the rest of the product bacteria free, I use a scoop and put a weeks worth into a little container for myself, then back into the fridge for the big jar. This way, my fingers never touch the moisturizer inside the jar, it stays sanitized and it doesn't see the light of day as often either. I'll be repurchasing whenever it runs out and I'm sure that won't be for months.

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

First of all, Clarins is by far the best skin care line on the planet, why do so many people rant and rave including Beautypedia? I think because no one can compete. I have sensitive skin but after using and adjusting to clarins I can't wait to use their lovely scented products. I just have to say this when I see negative reviews for amazing products.

Now for the review,

Up to now I have been using Multi-active night. Yes it was good but I wanted something that would help with the beginning stages of forehead lines. I also have just purchased a clarisonic Mia 2 so I wanted something that could deep down work.
This cream is lovely, the smell is divine and the consistency is rich. My skin drinks it up. In the am my skin is smooth, strong and baby skin soft. I can't believe the difference.

As for cost, stinkin expensive but remember you only need a little bit and when you apply using their method it works. Also between GWPs and specials and samples, you get more for you $ ( I purchased this at The Bay in a box with a generous size of the day cream )

on 8/24/2012 1:53:00 PM

First off, why does Clarins scent their face creams so heavily?! This has WAY too much fragrance in it, and to make matters worse I absolutely hate the scent. Smells very old lady-ish to me. To top it off, my skin seemed to look worse not better after using this. And lastly, it's super $$$! Nothing about this product that I liked.