La Mer The Tonic

La Mer The Tonic

3.3

Declustered Water (-)\Aqua\Eau De Structuree (-), Methyl Gluceth-20, Glycereth-26, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Algae (Seaweed) Extract, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Sodium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Powder, Butylene Glycol, PPG-28-Buteth-35, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Sodium Hyaluronate, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Polysorbate 20, Sucrose, Caffeine, Disodium EDTA, Benzophenone-4, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Fragrance (Parfum), Linalool, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 33 (CI 17200)

on 6/4/2016 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I never thought a toner could change you life, lol. But it can! Well, I was using the Gel de la Mer for a while now I thought introducing other La Mer products, step by step, just to see how my skin will react to it and make a full La Mer regime.
So I bought this toner instead of the blue one, even if I am kind of an oily gal. I read hundreds of reviews before purchasing the full size ( I have no access to samples unfortunately) and in the end decided for this one. The reason? It has no alcohol and it is also super gentle. I was afraid my skin would dry out and would become even more sensitive than it is because of the alcohol.
This toner is a miracle, when used with my La Mer gel cream. It makes my skin even more glowy and dewy and it helped healing all my post breakout redness. It really makes the gel cream act faster, so my skin has never looked better.
It is, indeed, super expensive for a toner and probably there are toners out there that do exactly the same thing, but as long as I haven't found that dupe yet, I will stick to it. It's miraculous for my skin.

on 12/9/2014 4:51:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I recently made the switch from La Prairie toner to this product, and am quite happy with this switch. I have sensitive skin, and this toner is very gentle. It leaves my skin feeling clean and primed for other treatment, like The Treatment Lotion, The Hydrating Infusion, and the beloved Crème de la Mer (original). The packaging is great, as the opening controls how much product is released onto my cotton rounds. It's very easy to control the amount you use without wasting any product. The scent is very pleasant, and I couldn't be more pleased with the results. Note: The photo with the green Is outdated. The new packaging has a silver top and a clear plastic bottle.

To Read all 50 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/21/2014 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got a sample of La Mer Tonic when I purchased my La Mer SPF fluid. The first time I tried was not fun, it felt like a burning sensation in my checks, and my skin became super dry. I don't think this tonic works for me. I am glad I didn't buy it.
Maybe is not made for normal Skin, Maybe it would work better on oily skin.

on 7/12/2013 7:58:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

The tonic does a good job at cleansing my sensitive and acne prone skin. I use it before the Creme de la mer. In addition, it help to prepare the skin for the moisturizer and I feel that Creme was absorbed faster if used after the tonic.

on 4/28/2012 12:06:00 AM

I don't know what it is about this toner that makes me love it so much, but i do. I've never understood their whole "deconstructed waters" thing that is one of the selling points of this toner but the benefit is supposed to be that it leaves your skin negatively charged to draw whatever you add next, into your skin. Okay, whatever, but i swear it feels like that! And it just has this nice clean crisp feeling about it without being, at least to me, drying. I no longer work for Estee Lauder so to buy the tonic will be quite pricey, and i am hardly rolling in money, but i will actually repurchase this unless i can find a less expensive toner i like as much, and so far i haven't found that.

on 11/26/2011 1:49:00 PM

A decent product. Though I don't feel it is necessary.

This toner smells nice but it really doesn't do much for me. I figured since the moisturizer works so well on my skin why not try the whole line. This stuff is so expensive and I really didn't find it satisfying at all.

on 7/9/2010 6:48:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Okay, I always use toner, so after starting with all things La Mer I had to give this a go! I have found it to be very gentle and it smells lovely. It soother redness from using my clarisonic and it absorbs very well. I don't really know if its better than my usual Estee Lauder toner but I def like it. The price is a bit steep, so eventhough I said I would re-purchase, I will have to use it up and make up my mind whether its any better than my previous toner. As I use my clarisonic I never have the cotton pad turning a makeup colour, so I only need to use it once, only a bit of the toner is needed. I will have to update to give my full opinion, I have been using it twice a day for almost a month now. I have found its not too harsh and doesn't sting or anything, so I am perfectly happy with it. The verdict is still out though!

EDIT: I have been using this for 4 months, I have loads left but I may have to give it away. Its too harsh for my very sensitive skin!

on 5/14/2010 4:16:00 PM

It smells nice, when I use it I got the fresh feeling, maybe that's just my feeling. I think it can help minimise the prone, but it is expensive as a toner

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I am not a huge advocate of toners, however this one has never felt harsh or drying. I use it after the LM cleaning lotion and before the rest of my LM products. I think it does a great job of taking any remaining makeup or impurities off of my skin without upsetting or drying it. It prepares the skin to receive the rest of the products. It is a little pricey for toner, however I only need it at night and you don't use much, so it last for a long time. La Mer always has gifts going on or can give you samples when you make a purchase. This helps to soften the blow. I have been very happy with this entire line and will continue to use it.