Sue Devitt Eye Intensifier in Tanzania

Sue Devitt Eye Intensifier in Tanzania

4.5

on 10/18/2012 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Please see my review for tanzania listed under Zaire. I have that too. If you can't be bothered reading the review, the point is, get on line now and grab it if ou can find it.

QVC UK has it now for only 9 quid, and with the free sharpener, which is the best I've ever used, fits all pencils, and has a lid to catch the shavings - hinged, so's you don't lose it!

No one seems to have mentioned that the lids of these pencils don't fall of, which is a bonus. I love the blenders on them too, but they're the improved type, I'm sure. Enjoy!

on 10/13/2011 5:33:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I was very anxious to get this because of the great reviews and swatches. I've had it for over six months now and have never worn it when going out. It simply does not look good with my brown eyes. If I apply it as a liner, it makes me look slightly sickly; if I smudge it, it looks dirty brown. Love the consistency though, just think a different color - Surat - may have worked a lot better on me.

on 3/6/2011 9:38:00 PM

This creamy, gorgeous bronzy, brown color really brings out the green in my brown/hazel eyes like no other I've used. I use it all-over my lid...up to the crease. It's verry easy to use. It doesn't work for a bottom liner though...looks too red.

on 2/24/2011 7:02:00 PM

I bought this after reading a review in a magazine. It's a pretty color and has a nice shimmer to it. I like the thick line and it is so easy to apply. If I'm just running errands, one swipe of that and mascara and I feel pretty put together. If I wear heavy eye cream, it doesn't last too long, But otherwise it last most of the day. Even after that, it still adds a hint of color and depth to my eyes.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Tanzania is a gorgeous shimmery coppery bronze color that looks great with brown and blue eyes. I haven't seen it paired with green or hazel eyes so I can't comment on that. If you look at the picture you can see that it can be blended to a sheerer color. As an eyeliner this is pretty smudge-resistant but just don't go rubbing your eyes as this can be rubbed off. With regular wear this will stay put. It has a wonderful creamy consistency that is very smooth to put on and doubles as a cream eyeshadow. This is a chubby pencil and not meant for drawing an exact line to line the eyes. It's more for a soft/smoldering effect. The chubbiness and consistency make these eye intensifiers so easy to work with. The darker colors, in particular, are amazingly easy to use for a quick smoky eye. The sponge tip blender on the opposite end isn't the best. I'm glad they made it softer/smoother than the older sponges but I prefer the long flat shape of the older model which was awesome for blending onto the lid. The $22 pricetag I could live without as well. I first bought this color 6 years ago, I continue to repurchase and I don't see myself ever letting this one go. If I'm looking to for an exact defined line I just use an eyeliner brush to apply like I would with a gel eyeliner. To see the swatches closer-up enter the following link into your browser:
Full Size Image

I love this color--warm bronze--it looks great on PPP redheads with warm coloring like me. Perfect if you want a unique color without a very made-up look.

on 6/11/2008 10:51:00 AM

Tanzania is the perfect gold/copper/bronze blend. The consistency is creamy, making the color easy to apply and build. I like Tanzania paired with dusty blues - looks amazing on dark brown eyes like mine! Also, I finally figured out a solution to the scratchy smudger sponge problem (http://www.makeupalley.com/m_78403300), which makes me love this pencil even more.

on 3/25/2008 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm not a fan of most of Sue Devitt's products, but the Eye Intensifiers are wonderful. Tanzania is beautiful copper/bronze with amazing lasting power, especially for a creamy pencil. I've almost used this up, which is almost unheard of for me. The smudging end is pretty useless and $10 for the sharpener seems a bit excessive, but otherwise this is a great liner.

I have blue eyes and fair skin, and this seems to have too much bronze for me, as it made my eyes look red, rather than nicely lined. The pencil itself is a bit tricky to sharpen to get the right shape, but points for ease of lining! And I will try this product, just NOT in this color. Maybe a true brown or black for me...

on 1/26/2008 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I own this one and also kanpur. Next on my list is surat which gets raves as well. Love this shade, really brings out my hazel eyes and is very flattering. Not just your regular run of the mill brown and that is why I like it. It's described as shimmering tan which is accurate. I wish she made a thinner/non-chubby version of this but that won't stop me from repurchasing. I just use a brush to get the color from the pencil and then swipe on sometimes if I wanted a thinner more streamlined look eye wise. I don't use the smudger brush on the end much as I don't find it too effective. I like this product as the shades are very pretty and unique to me.