Kerastase Bain Satin 1

Kerastase Bain Satin 1
Bain Satin 1Kerastase Nutritive Bain Satin 1Kerastase Nutritive Bain Satin 1

3.8

Aqua/Water/Eau (Water), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Dimethicone, Coco Betaine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydroxystearyl Cetyl Ether, Cocamide MIPA, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Carbomer, Sodium Methylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Propylene Glycol, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Perfume (Fragrance)

on 6/3/2017 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

i bought the shampoo and the conditioner together in a set which all so came with the kerastase hair oil my hair is waist length very straight its normal/dry because my hair is so straight i don't get tangles much my hair is quit fine but i have a lot of it i decided to try something else from my usual shampoo and conditioner which Moroccanoil hydrate line

honestly this kerastase satin bain 1 shampoo and conditioner is AWFUL i wish i'ed have paid more attention to the reviews here on make up ally my hair feels likes i've washed it with a block of soap my hair feels waxy and rough i can't get my fingers through it easily it's stiff and has no movement it's heavy and weighed down and my scalp feels oily despite the fact i never get an oily scalp please don't waste your money on this it's literally feels like i've washed my hair with shower gel or soap it's really not worth it drugstore stuff like aussie/herbal essences work FAR better than this and don't give you no shine no movement and dry tangly rat nest oh and the scent is a very floral old lady kinda smell

only good thing i can say about it is the packaging is ok.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Ok, so I don't have a polite way of saying this so here it goes: this is the worst shampoo I have ever tried. I have tried all types of shampoos from the really expensive such as Shu Uemura, Kerastase, Philips Kingsley to the really cheap ones such as Herbal Essences... I usually use salon shampoos not because I like to burn money but because the supermarket ones never worked for me. Now, I have used several other Kerastase shampoos with different results ranging from really nice (Bain chroma captive) to not very nice at all (Bain crystaliste, Bain recharge)... But they all cleaned my hair, some better than others. Now, this was the first shampoo I tried, from all shampoos, that didn't wash my hair. I mean, this is the most basic function of a shampoo, to leave hair clean. Some shampoos clean better than others but this one is something else. It didn't Clean at all, it left this strange oily residue at my roots that made me look like I hadn't wash my hair in 4 days even though I just had.

At first I thought maybe I didn't shampoo properly, so next time I shampooed twice (as usual) and really took care to wash my hair properly. Once it was dry, it still looked dirty and oily at the roots. I even tried twice more, once shampooing three time and another time rinsing for so long that it became ridiculous, just to try and make this waste of money of shampoo work! I finally admitted it didn't work and poured it down the sink and recycled the bottle!

I was furious, however, because after paying so much for a shampoo I expected it to at least clean my hair! No, dirty, lank hair which looks like it hasn't been washed in days and days. It smells like old lady perfume, not the kind that older ladies use these days, but the kind that no one likes anymore. Completely outdated formulation, a mediocre list of ingredients which is no better than much cheaper shampoos and an inability to clean my hair make this the WORST shampoo I have ever used. Even Pantene which I hate works better than this. At least it washes the hair!

on 12/16/2016 11:56:00 AM

My hair usually hates any shampoo contains silicone But this I have to say I fall in love with from the first sight I mean "use". My hair felt smooth, silky, and clean. This is really something special I looooove it.

on 7/9/2016 5:28:00 PM

Have they changed the formula of this? I used to a few years ago and it made my hair soft. Tried it again recently and my hair looks like straw! It was so dry and just plain horrible. Very disappointed in this brand. Not worth the money at all.

Really strange.. First time I tried it my hair had never looked better and I tought I had found my HG shampoo. But the following times I used it it made my wavy dry color treated hair super dry, hard to style, never looked worse... Sometimes I convince myself to try it again bc it was expensive and made my hair look great once (and I have noo idea why!) but I immediately regret it. I will not use it again and deff not buy it again.

on 6/5/2016 8:00:00 AM

Horrible shampoo + conditioner! It made my hair look 100xtimes more DRY. I've been using this for over a month now, cause i hoped it'll better with time. But NOPE. My hair is extremely dry and dirty now(even thou i wash it every second day). My scalp was never 100% "clean" with this shampoo. Price is ridiculous for this kind of product.

I have been through a lot of different Kerastase shampoo products in my life and this Bain Satin seems to be one of my all time favorite ones.

It targets drier, weaker hair and since I have a fine hair structure to start with, and I style it on a daily basis - I need a product like this in my life to properly cleanse and be gentle on my hair at the same time.

One bottle lasts a long time, as you only need a very small amount of product for an entire scalp. I do follow up with products from the same line and altogether my hair did improve massively.

You can read more about other Kerastase products in this range in a review below, hope it helps!

on 10/30/2014 8:39:00 AM

This shampoo felt luxurious at first, but with continued use it made my scalp greasy and flaky. I have tried several Kerastase shampoos but am yet to find one that my scalp can tolerate. I also think the line overall is way overpriced as the conditioners have been nothing special - so go ahead and try if you like to spend money, but do not expect too much.

on 10/18/2014 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This shampoo performs very well for normal to slightly dry or fine and dry hair. It smells like expensive perfume and leaves my hair feeling soft and smooth. I have short virgin hair and I love using it with Lait Vital and Immersion Nutritive. I want to keep my hair shiny and healthy as my hair grows longer and this line of products has been amazing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product -- it is perfect if you have dry, over-stressed, chemically treated hair. Yes, it is expensive but it will make your hair soft and silky-smooth regardless of its current condition. I think some of the negative reviews come from people who already have healthy hair and don't need the extra nourishment you get from this product.

Popular Shampoos